Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#476 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:13 PM
Horror Story: When you roll a single parent that must have five children and the only way to make money is through space exploration... LOL

It has been an interesting way to go for sure! If not for harvestables then I'm pretty sure everyone would have starved to death. Just now getting to the point where I can afford some beds (not a house, mind you, just beds).
Advertisement
Scholar
#477 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 11:45 PM
Default New Chapter in the Little Legacy!
2.02 A New Path
Test Subject
#478 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:53 PM
I can't seem to find anything specific in the rules about Professions (Doctor etc) and what to do if you also roll Idle Careers - I'm wondering if I'm not supposed to do the tasks required when at work?!
Lab Assistant
#479 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onyeka001
I can't seem to find anything specific in the rules about Professions (Doctor etc) and what to do if you also roll Idle Careers - I'm wondering if I'm not supposed to do the tasks required when at work?!

I think professions allow you to travel to work, just you can't directly try to get rich..... Like you can harvest plants if you are in the science career and one of your things you need to do is to harvest plants.
NOTE I'm not 100% sure this is true!
Scholar
#480 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 8:59 PM

If it were me, I would just never choose the "Travel to Work" option - I would always send them alone, as the work performance should in theory stay stagnant that way..
Lab Assistant
#481 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat
Horror Story: When you roll a single parent that must have five children and the only way to make money is through space exploration... LOL

It has been an interesting way to go for sure! If not for harvestables then I'm pretty sure everyone would have starved to death. Just now getting to the point where I can afford some beds (not a house, mind you, just beds).

I honestly would have broke right then on the spot.........
Lab Assistant
#482 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
If it were me, I would just never choose the "Travel to Work" option - I would always send them alone, as the work performance should in theory stay stagnant that way..

That's great! Waaaay better than my idea X3
Scholar
#483 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CallistaTheSim
That's great! Waaaay better than my idea X3

I've been adapting that Idle Careers roll for my second generation. Both Cass and Yaretzi rolled for non-traditional career paths (woodworking and photography, of course!), and they're already as poor as Dickensian characters. I'm not crazy about it, because most of the time they would never throw wants for those actions - I wait until there's a financial need (like an upcoming baby, or a renovation in their story line, or bills), or until there's a roll, then I do just enough to cover them off.
Test Subject
#484 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for your input on the profession/idle careers - I think I'll take ForeverCamp's approach and just hope my heir does not get fired. It's my second generation and they could have used some money to upgrade/expand the house a bit - but at least they have a house and not just a rocket ship :D
Lab Assistant
#485 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:35 AM Last edited by CallistaTheSim : 17th Dec 2017 at 1:10 AM.
Thanks for your input on the profession/idle careers - I think I'll take ForeverCamp's approach and just hope my heir does not get fired. It's my second generation and they could have used some money to upgrade/expand the house a bit - but at least they have a house and not just a rocket ship :D

Good luck to you, me, and all others! I'm in attempt 2, my gen 3 heir died of embarrasment and was an only child

My Prob-lam-o: Mean kid on a mean streak and loner in the "I'm a Bear" phase... so funny, a perfect-looking sim (idk How the heck that happened) always wants a bear costume on..... It's un-BEAR-able it is like a BEAR nessesity (IK yoou get it )
Test Subject
#486 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:03 AM
Ah damn - one of my helpers has rolled to be a Professionel Host/Hostess - She's a party girl and does get the wish to throw a party now and then but I seem to lose money on it since parties have a cost to start them and people want drinks and food - so demanding those guests :/
Test Subject
#487 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:53 PM
I have started a Blog/Story/Sims Diary with this challenge - I felt inspired after reading some of the stories linked here
If anyone should feel like reading it can be found here: https://onyeka001.wordpress.com/

It's a bit rough since I decided so late to make a story/diary out of it - and I've never used wordpress before so I spent more time than I'd like to admit figuring it all out. Now I feel like it's good enough to let other people see it - lol
Instructor
#488 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:03 PM
My first shot at a legacy :ooo

Gen 1 Rolls

-Couple
-2 Children
-Freelance Musician
-Carpenter
-Fulfilled
-Festival Frequenter

This should be fun :D
Test Subject
#489 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:47 PM
Gen 1 Rolls

-couple
-2 children
-criminal (boss)
-treasure hunter
-collector
-festival frequenter

Now i have a question on the children paramater.
I created my sim and I wanted her to find her partner instead of just creating him. There is this guy that she seems to be hitting it off with but he is a single dad with a kid. If they move in together, will that kid count towards the 2 children she needs for this generation if she adopts it or will she need to have 2 kids with him?
Scholar
#490 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kikuras
Now i have a question on the children paramater.
I created my sim and I wanted her to find her partner instead of just creating him. There is this guy that she seems to be hitting it off with but he is a single dad with a kid. If they move in together, will that kid count towards the 2 children she needs for this generation if she adopts it or will she need to have 2 kids with him?

In theory, the stepchild is what we would call a "Cadet Child" - somebody who's ineligible for the Legacy inheritance - so I would say that she would still need to have two children with the partner if you were playing by strict rules. (That being said, I usually throw the number of children out the window when I play. )
Test Subject
#491 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
In theory, the stepchild is what we would call a "Cadet Child" - somebody who's ineligible for the Legacy inheritance - so I would say that she would still need to have two children with the partner if you were playing by strict rules. (That being said, I usually throw the number of children out the window when I play. )

Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks for answering my question. :D
Test Subject
#492 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:43 PM Last edited by SeraphimLord : 7th Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM.
I'll post some suggestions for parenthood and cats and dogs,
to goal 3 (Perfect Children) an alternative would be to have all 5 reward traits from parenthood, ensuring they grow at best maturity. I'd let the players choose between this and your way
To unconventional careers id'd suggest 19) Veterinarian - buy and run a vet clinic
and 20) dog trainer p(perform with your dog in public (pet training still gotta test it though)

In Misc Fun i'd add 24) Cat or dog enthusiast, Spend 5 hours a week interacting whit your pet and bring him once a week to the vet for a checkup

I also suggest payig a vivist to the olde sims 2 random legacy which had rolls for pets
Inventor
#493 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 12:13 AM Last edited by PSDuckie : 14th Jan 2018 at 9:49 PM.
Well, since my computer decided to crap out on me, I lost my old legacy files. So I'm making a new one.

I've decided to play two different challenges on rotation in the same instance of Newcrest: the RLC and a challenge of my own making. And as for the RLC, I am going to call the first generation gen 0 instead of gen 1 because I picked a few of the rolls instead of rolling them for that generation, to better fit the story.

So, here are my rolls, and whether each one is picked by me or randomly rolled.
Family Structure: Second Chance (picked by me)
Number of Children: 2 (randomly rolled)
Primary Income: Culinary (Chef) (picked by me)
Secondary Income 1: Criminal (Boss) (picked by me)
Secondary Income 2: Remedy Brewer (randomly rolled)
Generation Goal: Expansionist (randomly rolled)
Misc. Fun: My Precious (randomly rolled)

Now it's time for me to make my sims (for both the RLC house and the other house) and build both houses (since I'm playing in Newcrest; plus, the Expansionist goal would be achieved by building from scratch)!

Update: Sims and houses have been created. I didn't think to take pictures though. Next time I get on TS4, I'll take some pictures of what I've built.

Another update: I'm going to be tossing out most of the rolls I personally picked, since when I thought about it, I feel like picking three rolls personally is a bit too much to call it an RLC. So the Second Chance roll that I picked and the Criminal (Boss) roll that I picked are both going to be tossed out. (Plus, one of the sims I made turns out, looking back, to be kind of ugly, so I'm using this as an excuse to recreate her from scratch.)

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#494 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 7:13 AM
First time poster here, just wanted to share my random rolls for this AWESOME challenge

Marital Status: Single w/ 2 Help
Number of Children: 2
Primary Career: Writer(Journalist)
Secondary Careers: Space Explorer
Generation Goals: Best Club Ever
Extra: My Precious

Also, I decided to use a random name generator for creating my founder (so I did not use in-game randomize). The result was....
Cleopatra Medici (No joke this was on my first try!)

Super excited for this challenge, I'll be posting the story on tumblr so if you guys are interested you can take a look https://bellsibub.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#495 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kikuras
Gen 1 Rolls

-couple
-2 children
-criminal (boss)
-treasure hunter
-collector
-festival frequenter

Well I failed this one...
Missed a festival because I wasn't paying attention.

Started a new one:

Marital Status: Single w/ Help
Children: 1 Child
Primary Career: (CL) Critic (Art Critic)
Secondary Career: (OR) Remedy Brewer
Generational Goal: Party King/Party Queen
Miscellaneous Fun: Homemade

I hate that I got homemade, I like to get food from the stalls so I can learn the recipe. I wonder if sampling during the Spice Festival is also not allowed?
Inventor
#496 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
So, here are my rolls, and whether each one is picked by me or randomly rolled.
Family Structure: Second Chance (picked by me)
Number of Children: 2 (randomly rolled)
Primary Income: Culinary (Chef) (picked by me)
Secondary Income 1: Criminal (Boss) (picked by me)
Secondary Income 2: Remedy Brewer (randomly rolled)
Generation Goal: Expansionist (randomly rolled)
Misc. Fun: My Precious (randomly rolled)

Well, I threw out and rerolled the family-structure roll that I picked, and ended up getting Single, which in turn allowed me to throw out the secondary-income rolls. I kept the Culinary (Chef) that I had picked for primary income, but only because I liked the story implications. Thus, my new rolls are:

Family Structure: Single
Primary Income: Culinary (Chef)
Generation Goal: Expansionist
Misc. Fun: My Precious

Oh, and since I already had created my Sims, I just killed off the unneeded Sim. I'm going to be keeping the massive Sad moodlet for my existing sim from that, as that will make the start of the challenge harder.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#497 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:37 PM
Hey I'm making another shot at the random legacy challenge! I love Liana and Liam but when I started playing his generation I felt really stuck and didn't want to play, so I decided to start again with a new family, also named the Sparks because I just can't give up on the legacy name "The Everlasting Spark" it's just too good.
You can find all of the update on their lives on my new Sims 4 stories&challenges blog, Head Full Of Sims!

My sims:

Founder - Jenna Spark

Her husband - Henry Huang

My rolls (sorry for not putting a read more, I din't know how to do it... )
Marital Status: Couple
Primary Career: Unconventional Career - Restauranteur
Secondary Career: Conventional Career - Detective
Generation Goal: Friendship is Forever - Beginning when the heir is a child, they must make one new good friend every week. This friendship must be maintained through subsequent weeks, and may only be ended by the death of the friend.
Miscellaneous Fun: Flea Market Fanatic - Some sims just can't pass up a great bargain. Why would you pay full price for anything? This generation, you may not purchase certain categories of items from the catalog. These items may only be purchased from the flea market or from unplayable sims selling their own goods on the street. Paintings left on public easels count.
The categories are:
Comfort(except beds)
Lighting
Decorations(except mirrors)
Except I'm going to buy everything from the Flea Market!!! Except for stuff they need right away.

Some screenshots:

If you loved it it would be amazing if you take a peek at my blog and maybe even say hi
Lab Assistant
#498 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luka1997
Hey I'm making another shot at the random legacy challenge! I love Liana and Liam but when I started playing his generation I felt really stuck and didn't want to play, so I decided to start again with a new family, also named the Sparks because I just can't give up on the legacy name "The Everlasting Spark" it's just too good.
You can find all of the update on their lives on my new Sims 4 stories&challenges blog, Head Full Of Sims!

My sims:

Founder - Jenna Spark

Her husband - Henry Huang

My rolls (sorry for not putting a read more, I din't know how to do it... )
Marital Status: Couple
Primary Career: Unconventional Career - Restauranteur
Secondary Career: Conventional Career - Detective
Generation Goal: Friendship is Forever - Beginning when the heir is a child, they must make one new good friend every week. This friendship must be maintained through subsequent weeks, and may only be ended by the death of the friend.
Miscellaneous Fun: Flea Market Fanatic - Some sims just can't pass up a great bargain. Why would you pay full price for anything? This generation, you may not purchase certain categories of items from the catalog. These items may only be purchased from the flea market or from unplayable sims selling their own goods on the street. Paintings left on public easels count.
The categories are:
Comfort(except beds)
Lighting
Decorations(except mirrors)
Except I'm going to buy everything from the Flea Market!!! Except for stuff they need right away.

Some screenshots:

If you loved it it would be amazing if you take a peek at my blog and maybe even say hi

So cute!
Scholar
#499 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:18 AM
Default The Littles strike again!
2.03 Baby Steps
Test Subject
#500 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CallistaTheSim
So cute!

:lovestruc Thanks!!! I really love this family so far! Also they adopted a dog!
Page 20 of 26