Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:09 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 15th Jul 2018 at 10:28 AM.
Default Sims 3 Showtime/Island Paradise - Help Needed
I have a sim who's a magician, (She's level 10) and I placed the showtime stage in my resort lot. I used NRaas register to assign a proprietor and everything, made sure her hidden magician skill level is at it's highest through master controller, but when I try to audition for a gig at the resort, the option is greyed-out with the explanation saying my sim is not experienced enough to perform at this proprietor's venue. She can audition for gigs at the pre-made lots just fine... Why is this happening? Is it because of the lot type? Is my game corrupted? Is it because I made the lot, and set the stage, so it's not the same as the pre-mades? Does it have to do with the stage itself? Is it the proprietor that's glitching? Do I need to tune the lot to a lower skill level somehow, if possible? I can't figure out what's wrong... :T
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:44 AM
I am guessing that it is the lot zoning and a resort will not function as a performance location? Others will have to weigh in on this. My guess is that the lot has to be one of the Showtime designated venue types?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:17 PM
Yes, only a certain range of lot types can be used for Showtime professions. You can look them up at sims.wikia.com under the respective Showtime lot types, but resorts are definitely not among them.

Coffeehouse
Quote:
As of patch 36, if the the required Showtime objects are added to a pool, gym, library or a dive bar lot, they will be able to host coffeehouse type gigs without requiring a change in lot assignment, allowing it to function as both lot types.

Live Show Venue
Quote:
As of patch 36, if the required Showtime objects are added to hangout or a dance club type lots, they will be able to host live show type gigs without requiring to change the lot assignment, allowing it to function as both lot types.

Private Venue
Quote:
As of patch 36, if you add the required Showtime objects in an art gallery, a lounge or a horse ranch type lots, they will be able to host private show type gigs without requiring to change the lot assignment, allowing it to function as both lot types.

Plus, from a thread here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...800#post3901800
Quote:
Graveyards, Fishing Spots, and Beaches work as a park gig.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
I am assuming that if we want a lot such as a beach to work we will need to add a proprietor placement there as the game will not generate one? Or will one generate if we place the stage and it does not depend on the lot zoning?
#5 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:36 PM
The stage (rug/object) itself will spawn the proprietor, the proprietor placement is optional and just defines the spot where the proprietor usually stands when idle.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:44 PM
Thanks, Don! Will start adding more stages around town. My singer wants to start doing gigs. He is clumsy so has fallen/stumbled a lot in the sing-o-grams! Hope he does not fall or trip in a show! LOL
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am assuming that if we want a lot such as a beach to work we will need to add a proprietor placement there as the game will not generate one? Or will one generate if we place the stage and it does not depend on the lot zoning?

The Proprietor placement rug, it seems, just fixes them into that spot - it depends on personal playstyle if one prefers with it or without it. I tried both, stage only, or stage plus Proprietor placement, and I liked better without it - for me it looked more natural and realistic when the Proprietor wanders around, checks themselves in the mirror, orders a drink by the bar, etc. - with the placement rug, she was just standing there, doing practically nothing much.
#8 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Thanks, Don! Will start adding more stages around town. My singer wants to start doing gigs. He is clumsy so has fallen/stumbled a lot in the sing-o-grams! Hope he does not fall or trip in a show! LOL
Good luck. The singer career is really dangerous; it's one where your Sim can actually die on the job. The risk to catch fire during one of those sing-a-grams seems to be higher than that of a magician failing at one of the box tricks.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:46 AM
Whoa! I did not know that. He is about the third or fourth singer I have had. One made it all the way to the top. I should not say it, but he is not a must have sim. That might actually be interesting to see! Have never had that death in my family. (!)

I think I had the magician death once but had to do something to trigger it. Also, my sims have eaten probably hundreds of jelly beans and never a death. One got scorched and that was the worst thing.

I do not think I have had an electrocution death either. My no handiness sims manage to repair things..... and repair things. Where is the bad luck when I want it? (Evil laugh inserted.)