Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:32 PM
Default S4 won't launch if the cc is in subfolders
Hello !
I just bought the s4 and started to download a few pieces of cc. My problem is that when I create subfolders in my main Mod folder and put the said cc in it, I get a strange error message and the game doesn't launch. However, I figured out that if I simply put the packages files in the Mod folder everything works just fine. The thing is, I really like to keep my Mod folder organized and wanted to know if there was a way to fix this issue ? :o

While I'm at it, I also have a few questions concerning cc :
- Is there a program for the s4 such as Delphy's Dashboard for the s3 ? That is to say, a program that locates/fixes broken or conflicted cc ?
- Does compressing packages files helps getting a game that launches faster ?

Thank you for your help
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:53 AM
1. You'll probably need to edit your resource.cfg file to this:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Just copy and paste, and then save (open it in notepad).
It will let your game 'read' from 5 folders deep in your mods folder.

2. Idk about programs, but better stay away from merging your cc all together, in S4 they might cause problems in game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 12:26 PM
Thank you for your help !
I edited the resource file but when I try to launch my game I still get the same message :
https://hebergeur-images.com/up/bce...8d41eac15c5.png
It basically says in french on the first line that "it is impossible to launch" and then the file's name that is in a subfolder (and then, on the last line, a really weird error code).

I really don't know what might be the cause of this... I downloaded my game from Origin after trying the demo. Apart from that everything seems to be working, but this issue is kinda annoying :/
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Premonde
Thank you for your help !
I edited the resource file but when I try to launch my game I still get the same message :
https://hebergeur-images.com/up/bce...8d41eac15c5.png
It basically says in french on the first line that "it is impossible to launch" and then the file's name that is in a subfolder (and then, on the last line, a really weird error code).

I really don't know what might be the cause of this... I downloaded my game from Origin after trying the demo. Apart from that everything seems to be working, but this issue is kinda annoying :/

Have you tried removing that file, but leaving your other custom content in subfolders alone? It's possible for some reason that file is corrupted. It's strange because I have that exact same blush package in my game and it's okay. Maybe something went wrong when you downloaded it. That does happen unfortunately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:41 PM
No, unfortunately I have the same issue with any package that I put in a subfolder :/
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:36 PM
No, unfortunately I have the same issue with any package that I put in a subfolder :/

Oh no! I'm sorry! I wish I could be of more help.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM
you need to remove the blush by chisami. It is telling you basically it is a corrupt file. Once you remove that, there should be no problem.
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
you need to remove the blush by chisami. It is telling you basically it is a corrupt file. Once you remove that, there should be no problem.

They already said any package in a subfolder causes the problem.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:10 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:30 PM.
I get that error message if something is corrupt. That is the only time that the game will not launch. subfolders shouldn't be a problem with launching the game - the game will simply not recognize the mods. Because there are multiple mods this user has and that is the only one specifically mentioned, it is a problem.

If this file is corrupt, it does not matter how well the mods folder is organized. It simply will not launch until any and all corrupt files are taken out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:51 PM
Thank you for your help ! and don't worry Scholar, I think I managed to find a solution ^^ It's really weird, but I figured out that if I create the subfolders directly in the Mods folder, they would work just fine (whatever cc is stored inside). Until now, I used to download the cc on my laptop (because I love to search for cc while sitting on my couch ahah), put it on a USB key and finally install it on my main computer. The folders that weren't recognized by the s4 were thereby the ones I created on my laptop. I'm starting to think that my USB key, which is quite old, might be the source of error and could have damaged the files... This is all I can think of, and I will definitely try another key to see if it solves the problem. Anyway, I'm glad a solution presented itself even though it doesn't make a lot of sense to me :o
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:06 PM
Thank you for your help ! and don't worry Scholar, I think I managed to find a solution ^^ It's really weird, but I figured out that if I create the subfolders directly in the Mods folder, they would work just fine (whatever cc is stored inside). Until now, I used to download the cc on my laptop (because I love to search for cc while sitting on my couch ahah), put it on a USB key and finally install it on my main computer. The folders that weren't recognized by the s4 were thereby the ones I created on my laptop. I'm starting to think that my USB key, which is quite old, might be the source of error and could have damaged the files... This is all I can think of, and I will definitely try another key to see if it solves the problem. Anyway, I'm glad a solution presented itself even though it doesn't make a lot of sense to me :o

Oh my gosh - that totally makes sense for me about your USB key! I've had that happen to me when I was trying to restore old files before that they were corrupted because of a problem with the USB device, but they were fine when I initially stored them on it. It's so upsetting! I'm really glad you sorted it out! I keep things backed up now on multiple USB devices just in case one goes bad.