Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

by Consort Posted 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:53 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM by Consort

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 7:03 PM
Holy Simola! Very interesting and can be useful. LMBO! Thank you for an interesting enhancement to the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 7:43 PM
'Grow' then, 'Age' now... You rock! Another Featured upload, that's for sure.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 7:45 PM
Good mod, thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 8:38 PM
You're so talented, love your mods
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 8:52 PM
great idea! this rocks!!! thank you for creating this mod and most importantly, for sharing with all of us.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:53 AM
This is a really cool concept, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 2:36 AM
very clever
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:34 AM
You've gone and done it AGAIN!

I've said it before but you, mate, are a bloody GENIUS. I was just thinking the other day that "now that Consort has fixed aging kids and teens, this game could REALLY use some way of making the transition from adult to old and wrinkled elder more of a gradual approach as well."

And here you are. Brilliant! Thanks again, and a gazillion thumbs up!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:50 AM
This is awesome thanks so much <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:38 AM
Oh I'm loving this idea. Just have a quick question and probably already know the answer, but is it compatible with the nraas mods? Can't play without Twallan's goodies..lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 8:45 AM
Wee, thanks for all the nice comments!

@Rosebud1773
Sorry I forgot the compatibility section (just fixed that)
There's not much to report. I'm not aware of incompatibilities with other mods. Should all work fine.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:52 AM
Clever idea, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 12:30 PM
This is awesomeness in a can :D
Uh, kinda. You know what I mean. Thanks so much, this is going right into my mods folder!
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 2:38 PM
Trending! ( I wonder how much longer before it's Featured)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 3:59 PM
great ! thank you !
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 7:28 PM
Can sims dye their hair autonomous?
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 8:29 PM
It doesn't work for aliens?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:09 PM
Another marvelous creation! :D Thank you so much and Happy Holiday!
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 9:27 AM Last edited by Datch : 25th Dec 2013 at 9:48 AM.
That's a totally awesome mod and it seems to work well in my game. I noticed two things:

1. For some CC hair that uses the highlight channel for shine, the greying looks weird and unnatural, with whole bands of the hair being white. Of course it's not a flaw of the mod itself, but this should be considered for players who use a lot of these "shine" retextured hair.

2. Switching the mod on for a sim (or all sims) seems to delete any hat/hat categorized hair. I had an elder sim with EA's "partially bald" hair and for the outerwear, the hair was set to EA's touque (winter hat). When the mod was switched, more wrinkles and age spots appeared on the sim (that seems normal) but the hair with touque in the outerwear section was replaced by a hatless hair (the same as the other categories). Hats also disappeared from all other Adults and Elder sims in town when the mod was switched on for all sims. Disabling the mod for a specific sim, or all sims (Clean up) do not restore the hats, nor does typing the fix age cheat. I'm not sure if it's an unavoidable side-effect or an unintended glitch, but thought I'd point it out

Edit: Weirdly, sims that had an "accessory hair" as their default hair (by that I mean hair found under the hat tab, but not especially with an actual hat)... well these sims did not get their everyday hair switched to something else, but the touque that was there as part of the winter outerwear was replaced by the everyday hair... it looks like what happens is the everyday hair is copied to every category when the mod is switched on... I'll investigate more.

Edit2: almost forgot... Happy Holidays to all!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 2:51 PM
I'm really excited to try this mod. It scales with adjusted lifespans, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 6:27 PM
It's about someone made anging mod ' p.s what wrinkle that have when they age
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Consort : 26th Dec 2013 at 3:41 AM.
@Datch
Thanks for the report, I can confirm this glitch:
The mod copies the everyday1 hairstyle to all outfit categories and indexes
This is not intended and I believe I was able to fix it. I'd like to test-play the new version a bit longer before releasing the fix.

@jeromycraig Yes, the mod dynamically checks for the lifespans you have selected. This is checked every time a Sim gets updated.

@MeiXin I blocked the mod for aliens, that's correct. I don't remember why... I think because some of them are like 750 days old, so they seem to have different lifespans. I don't know if real aliens get grey hair

@majca_90 AFAIK Sims don't dye their hair unless you tell them to

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 9:02 AM
Just this mod alone makes me almost want to get TS3! However, I salute your work anyhow, because it makes the game THAT much more realistic! Thank you!

8)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 12:03 PM
appreciate the creativity and the added realism
Page 1 of 8