Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 11:14 AM
Default Trying To Make Webbed Fingers, Webbing Clipping Through Hand!
I've always wanted webbed fingers in The Sims 4 so I could recreate my original character in my game. I've been waiting for some since The Sims 3 and never got any, so I've decided to make my own, for testing purposes I made some webbed in between the index finger and thumb on the right hand, when I tested it in the game it moved with the fingers but was clipping through them and the hand. can somebody give me some pointers on how to fix this please?

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 3:42 PM
IMO the easiest way would be to just create triangles between the fingers, each using two vertices of one finger and one vertex of the other. That way the weights and other values will be correct and the webbing can't clip. If you've created vertices between the fingers you have to make sure they're weighted for both fingers and correctly uv1 mapped and have the same vertex color as the fingers.

If you upload the package you have I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:48 PM
Thank you for responding, how do I upload the package?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 11:31 PM
Use WinZIP or 7-Zip or whatever to make a .zip with your package.

Click the 'Go Advanced' button under the quick reply message box,

Scroll down to Manage Attachments and choose your zip under 'Zip or rar to Upload'.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:34 AM
Thank you! Here is the package.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Webbed Fingers.rar (10.5 KB, 78 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:07 PM
You have several vertices using the Stigmata bone, which I don't think is normally used for vertices. I tried auto-assigning the vertices using the EA hand as a reference and it seems better. If you're using Blender and Sims 4 Studio you can find several tutorials showing how to auto-assign weights.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 7:00 PM
Thank you for replying, I'll try to go watch some of those tutorials.