Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:20 AM
Default Teleport for All
(Not looking for a summon-to-lot hack.)

Way back when, I used to use Insimenator. I always had it in the game, whether I wanted all the options or not, for one simple reason - it allowed all sims to teleport themselves around the lot. You simply clicked on the ground/floor and chose the Teleport option, which was available for all sims from toddlers on up. And it didn't use a long animation teleport effect. Just a simple flash, bam, your sim was standing where you clicked. It was very handy for toddlers that got stranded at the wrong end of a staircase and sims that got their stupid selves stuck in a corner.

I really miss that option, but I'm reluctant to install Insimenator with AL, as I think development stopped before AL was released.

Are there any other teleport hacks out there that could substitute for the old Insim teleportation? Iit can't be one based on the Bon Voyage ninja teleport, as I don't have BV.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:58 AM
Insimenator even though support stopped before AL it still works and I still use it today, I should say I have it installed but I use the Sim Blender or the Sim Manipulator now for most thing.

I think the Sim Manipulator has the teleporting option in it.

The Sim Manipulator is still supported though.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:26 AM
The Sim Manipulator has an option like that. It uses the base game meditation teleportation animation and effects.

Edit: Ninja'd by Marka93. I didn't see your comment.

Quote:
Destination Menu (Where a sims clicks on the ground)
*Teleport Here Menu
Will move a sim to the spot where the mouse was clicked on the ground.

http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...sim-manipulator
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 10:37 AM
I've used Insimenator ever since I came across it (2006-7-ish), and I think it's still the best mod out there. Even if it's not supported (a lot of the older CC is not supported, mind), it still does the trick.

It works up to and including M&G, which should mean it also works with the Ultimate Collection. I'm pretty sure it's also backward compatible, at least down to a certain point (the options either won't be available, or will work like they do in the collection of EPs you have).

The Sim Manipulator might be an equally good choice, but I haven't tried it so I can't give you my opinion. It's the closest thing to the Insimenator you'll find. The SimBlender doesn't have all the same options, but it's alright enough. I think you can have all 3 in your game at once, so you can test and see which one you like the most.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:13 AM
Okay, since some people are still able to user InSim up to M&G, I'm going to give it a whirl and see if it still works for me. If it gives me any trouble, I will try Sim Manipulator, which I didn't know included teleport.

Thank you for the info, everybody!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:48 AM
I believe you need both the Sim Manipulator file and the Sim Manipulator Destination Add On file to be able to teleport.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 4:50 PM
InSim does work but get the DEST version, not the SIM version.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Nalia : 28th Jun 2017 at 9:10 PM.
What others said. Insim still works fine with AL and M&G, I still have it and use it with no problem whatsoever. Also, I too find DEST version being the best.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 9:30 PM
I got the destination version, and it's working just fine, teleport and all.