Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 12:40 AM
Default What all causes fire?
So in the sims 4, what can cause a fire? Is it just the fireplace and stove? What about fireworks? Did candles cause fire? I think they did in sims 3 or 2, but not in 4?
thanks
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 1:25 AM
The fireworks if lit indoors can apparently start a fire, as can the children's science lab. Candles don't seem to start fires. Incense can cause fires if you have spa day pack.
Theorist
#4 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:09 AM
The transform object command with the SimRay has a chance to start a fire. I know, it happened on the science lot which does not have sprinklers. And I could not extinguish the fire because the object that started the fire was "in the way" :\ GG
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:59 AM
That bonfire from Get Together can cause a nasty fire if sims get too close, i had up to 3 sims just catch fire then running around in circles screaming, I mean how to earth am i suppose to extingish you if you won't stand still?
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:43 AM
I've noticed that playing an instrument around a campfire is particularly deadly, many a family vacation has been ruined because some sim thought her guitar was kindling.
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
DJ booths from Get Together also set fire.

Why though, why is this a thing? D;
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Why though, why is this a thing? D;

If a track is lit, it's going to start a fire.
Theorist
#9 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:13 PM
Are carpets near the fireplace no longer a thing like in sims 3? Or is that covered under the campfire section?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM
Grills and low cooking skill. I've made many trips to other lots where I was greeted by an NPC immolating themselves.
Theorist
#11 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:50 AM
Speaking of fire, Here's a fun game. Try and guess the precise number of fucks Siobhan gives at this moment.

I'll give you a hint. It's less than one.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 12:03 PM
Thanks! That's a plenty ways to start a fire. Now I'll have fun being pyromaniac
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 5:42 AM
Ahem. Having a butler in your sims house while owning anything even remotely burnable, that starts fires. Repeatedly. Just saying. XP
Scholar
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:24 PM
Maybe you don't want a fire.

Result for lighting a firework in the house...

I only manage to save 2/6 sims from this, 4 are dead and also 2 butlers.

Damn I miss the fire brigade, now i can only watch.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:25 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:35 PM.
I understand the frustration and sorrow, but that is one epic fire! You can always exit without saving....

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Maybe you don't want a fire.

Result for lighting a firework in the house...

I only manage to save 2/6 sims from this, 4 are dead and also 2 butlers.

Damn I miss the fire brigade, now i can only watch.

Are we not going to talk about the fact that despite everything that is going on, being tired is his biggest complaint currently?
Theorist
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
This recent "development" is probably a deliberate choice to avoid triggering the easily offended.

Trying to avoid triggering people triggers me
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:34 PM
What could that possibly trigger? The way needs are drained when there is a fire is analogous to all the other Sims games, but you have a point about the lack of reaction in animations.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
What could that possibly trigger? The way needs are drained when there is a fire is analogous to all the other Sims games, but you have a point about the lack of reaction in animations.

Well it would be along similar lines to something I vaguely remember about some issue with the fight animations where whoever was in charge at the time made them re-do it because the target sim looked too "scared" and that would trigger victims of bullying and assault

Sorry I can't give more details, but the conversation was three years ago and I have a terrible memory.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:57 PM
Political correctness snuffed the life out of the sims 4.