Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
A lot of folks including me have used the train tunnel to make it look like the road heads into hills. My guess is that after giving a 1 star lot score they may look at lots pretty carefully? My total guess is they do not approve worlds this size looking at pics of just 10 of the lots? But I may be 100% wrong. They can let you know if they want more to be done on some of them.

Maybe it is just me, but I would either just run a road to the pier or delete it? It just looks very strange sitting out there all by itself, to me. IMO our eyes should go to all the other things you have done so well, and not be drawn/distracted by that? Others can weigh in on this.

I hope others download the latest version and can give you some feedback. It is looking good.

I'm thinking of painting a fake road to the pier, to at least give the allusion of one. Do you have any suggestions for that road that goes out of town? Do you think it would be better to delete it? The EA worlds have a road like that that just ends, but they've hidden it better.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:29 PM
I uninstalled the world so cannot look. If the road out of town is the only one I would use the train tunnel. Build a hill or 2 in that area so you can use it? I think the road to the pier is a good idea. And maybe add some trees along the way? Or use a real road and make the area nonroutable if wanted? Play with it and see what looks best.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:55 PM
I uninstalled the world so cannot look. If the road out of town is the only one I would use the train tunnel. Build a hill or 2 in that area so you can use it? I think the road to the pier is a good idea. And maybe add some trees along the way? Or use a real road and make the area nonroutable if wanted? Play with it and see what looks best.

You don't by chance know of any CC train tunnels do you? The one in CAW won't fit all 3 tracks next to each other...I found one but for some reason it's completely black in CAW...no idea why.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:50 AM
I was just thinking of using the tunnel for the road leaving the city. Many people use that. I have used it a few times to end roads. I do not know of any other train tunnels. I think folks can imagine that the train tracks are no longer in use if wanted so they do not need to make as much sense.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:43 PM
I was just thinking of using the tunnel for the road leaving the city. Many people use that. I have used it a few times to end roads. I do not know of any other train tunnels. I think folks can imagine that the train tracks[QUOTE=daisylee]I was just thinking of using the tunnel for the road leaving the city. Many people use that. I have used it a few times to end roads. I do not know of any other train tunnels. I think folks can imagine that the train tracks are no longer in use if wanted so they do not need to make as much sense.

So check it out...

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:56 AM
Well done!!!! Huge improvement.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:07 AM
Happy to see you found a solution for this!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:55 AM
I like those tunnels!

(I always stick some glowing eye effects in them, or something unexpected hiding in the gloom, just for those inquisitive players who like the little details. )
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#34 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:47 PM
I really love the improvements to the transportation options! Those tunnels tracks in the last picture especially look great!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I really love the improvements to the transportation options! Those tunnels tracks in the last picture especially look great!

Thanks so much! Just waiting to here from testers on any other issues. I don't even know what else to do now. I fixed all the EA premade lots as well. I'm scared to go ahead and try to upload.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 12:11 AM
I think doing the EA lots was good. You have done so much it would be a shame to get dinged due to them. I think it should help a lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:06 PM
Hey guys, I've updated the OP with the latest world version and new screenshots. Added some info as well. Thanks!
Page 2 of 2