Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:38 AM Last edited by Manda9102 : 19th Jan 2018 at 12:28 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (s0lved)Questions when installing MeetMe's Uber hood with Ultimate Collection
I've installed the Ultimate Collection would anyone mind giving me assistance when it comes to installing the megahood here https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html ? When I went through this before it wasn't for this edition from ea and this looks totally different. I don't know where things go since I have this one now.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
Store edition is not the same as the UC. Unless they are getting their names mixed up, they gave you something that is not what you were after and, to boot, something which is a PITA. Store edition is not a good edition of the game to have. It creates problems with compatibility.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:39 AM
I have the right version now thanks for the conformation but I still need to know where everything goes when it comes to UC. ANy and all help is greatly appreciated.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:12 AM
Store Edition does not work with UC. (It can be forced too, but it will continue to create problems for any player).

I believe the safe way to start a megahood is as follows:

For a megahood, you download the hoods separately from Meetme2theriver (or any hoods you want to use in your megahood). You need to download one main hood and the rest as business hoods.

You replace your chosen main hood - in both your Documents/Sims 2 Ultimateection folder (in neighbourhoods) with the new hood (remove the old one) AND in your program files; as well as in your program files (mine is found in C/Program Files(86)/ OriginGames/The Sims Ultimate Collection/Best of Business/EP3/TS Data/Res/Neighbourhood Template, which will make them available to add as business hoods (You need the mod by Mootilda here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:29 AM
Ok I'm taking it a step at a time since things are different. I have the ultimate collection now.

For the main hood which is Belladonna it said just stick them straight in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods. So I did that

For the 2nd part when downloading the universities where do they go? It says put in your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder.

It's different for UC Im at Origin Games---The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection--University life then there are 4 folders
EP 1
SP6
SP 8
VP6

where does it go?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:52 AM
Yes - I use the UC as well. It goes into EP1. Here is the full path for the sake of completeness:

Universities go to (remove the old ones): C/Program Files (86).The Sims Ultimate Collection/ University Life/EP1/TSData/Res/Neighbourhood templates.

(I would replace the Belladonna Cove in the program files as well, it simply makes more sense to me).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:43 AM Last edited by Manda9102 : 13th Jan 2018 at 7:19 AM.
The main hood belladonna cove is named eoo1 but in the sims 2 UC apartment life neighborhood template theres a folder called E002...do I delete that version? Kinda wondering why it's different too but I don't need to know. Universities are done

I put the downtown in the right spot I believe. I replaced it with the original D001 in TS2UC- Double Delux-EP2-Tsdata-res

edit: so the E002 isn't belladonna cove it looks to be a secret lot or something so I'm just going to add the E001 main belladona in with the EOO1 unless I need to delete it hopefully that's the right move...moving right along

one more question: I think I may have put my downloads folder in the wrong place...I put it in the sims 2 folder but it's going to go in the Sims 2 UC folder right?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:52 AM
E002 is the subhood. It has the bin Sims and the AL social townies in it.
You cannot delete it; you can 1. Keep it;
2. Replace it with Tarlia's from Meetme2the river (It has the playables for every subhood but she cleaned them up); or
3. with Jawusa's empty ones if you don't want the bin Sims or townies (here:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

All the subhoods can be replaced with cleaned up or empty ones - every neighbourhood has one.
If you make your own megahood, you may want to add Viper Canyon as a business hood (It has all the bin Sims, at Meetme2theRiver) but you will need to have empty subhoods for that (Or there will be doubles).

That does mean that you may have to start with a new game since it will not affect games you have already loaded.

Yes - Downloads in the Sims 2 UC folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:08 AM
Things seem to be working but I need to figure out where the other hoods are located in the UC so I can delete Veronaville, Strangetown, Pleasantview and the other hoods it comes with because there all still in front.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:35 PM
Those 3 are found in Double Deluxe/Base/TSDate/Res/UserData/Neighbourhoods (all three of them are there).

The other hoods are found - follow the same path as for Belldonna Cove, but find Riverblossom Hills under Seasons; Desiderate Valley under FreeTime.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:22 AM
I deleted them but they still show up at the beginning along side my main hood. I triple checked that I removed them
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:41 PM
You are not supposed to delete anything from the program files, the game will regenerate them, and that is why they show up in the main menu. They are not part of your megahood; if you don't want them to show up, you can delete them from the main menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:38 PM
These are the hoods I'm talking about...right at the beginning of the load screen. There's no delete button there and I removed the files from where you told me and there still there. With Belladonna being my main hood those shouldn't be there. I was going to add them one at a time to the shopping district but I can't seem to get them off the front in the pic linnked
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:47 PM
There is a delete button there, it‘s just not really obvious. I think if you click on it as if you want to open the neighbourhood, there is an option to delete. I can‘t Check because I don‘t have my game here, but it took me forever (as in, years) to figure out I could delete them from there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:37 PM
Omg!!! I see it! totally never knew that existed lol. If I'm installing those hoods using the ones at meet me's site is it safe to hit the trash can button on the whole hood since there are families and occupied lots in those hoods? I haven't played anyone at all but still..
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:47 PM
Yes deleting whole hoods is safe, because they don‘t have any connection to remaining hoods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:29 AM
Thank you guys! Now to try and find new suitable business lots.