Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 12:39 AM Last edited by anamericanwaste : 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:38 AM. Reason: Solved
Default What makes a Shell Building Dissapear when the Camera is Close?
Dose anyone know what makes a shell building disappear when the camera gets close to it as opposed to how a rabbit hole just gets a bit translucent when the camera is way close?

I've tried cloning shells and negating the shell flag, but that doesn't affect the vanishing shell behaviour. They still vanish as if they were shells instead of possibly turning a touch translucent like a rabbit hole or other B.D.O. like water towers or what-not. Dose anyone know what needs to be altered, changed, added, or removed to get shells to behave like Big Dumb Deco Objects or the like?

EDIT

And to teach me about posting a question too soon, I found the answer after a few more hours of poking around on the shell buildings.

In the off chance that there's someone else out there as clueless as me, I'll save you some time. If you want to make a clone of a shell building and keep it from, you know, behaving like a shell, all you need to do is open up the clone in S3PE and find it's OBJD resource. Click on it, then click on "grid". Once the grid window is open, simply find "IsScriptEnabled" and set it to "false". That's it. I feel dumb. Sorry for wasting everyone's time with this question but, hopefully, it'll help someone else out there (that's how I'm able to sleep at night after all).