Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:41 PM
Default CASTable problems with object
So I am relatively new at modding in this game and I have a question about how to make a certain change to an object.

The object in question is the Super Ray from the Movie Stuff pack. Currently it has 4 channels that are recolourable and a glowing lamp part that is Aqua Green. I would like to make this green part a different color than it is now to match the rest of my objects. The technology in my world glows a blue color 18,46,208. Is there a way I can find this object and mod it so that I can recoulor that part of the object? Thank you.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:43 PM
should be doable if you change the 'fullbright' shader settings! just go to mesh>click on the group (mesh bit) that has the glow on it, and click on material. Now a button with 3 dots should appear. From there you can make your color changes. Should be recognisable by it's blue color values as TSRW shows everything off by colour!

Also, moving to the create forums!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:02 PM
Thanks for the response. I can follow those instructions if I can know what software/program you are talking about. I am really really really new to this, but I am not new to computers and programing. I am sure I can figure it out if you get me a little more info.

Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
should be doable if you change the 'fullbright' shader settings! just go to mesh>click on the group (mesh bit) that has the glow on it, and click on material. Now a button with 3 dots should appear. From there you can make your color changes. Should be recognisable by it's blue color values as TSRW shows everything off by colour!

Also, moving to the create forums!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:22 PM
I found Cmar's Mesh Toolkit. Is that ther right software?

Secondly, How do I get at the mesh for the Super Ray? I was able to get its ID using nraas object debug its 0xbb2b008f1fea1b20. Is there a way to use this info to help me on my quest to learn? Thank you.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
With S3OC you should be able to clone it I'd suggest checking out a few tutorials on objects before actually starting to make some real changes so you know at least the basics to start from. Although in this case you should be able to find it with TSRW as well Mesh toolkit by the way is only necessary for bone assignments and morphs so that's not exactly the tool you'd want

Here's a great tutorial:

I think from there it should be a bit easier to guide you some more into the process of some more advanced stuff!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:16 PM
Thank you. I will dig into those tools and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the guidance.

Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
With S3OC you should be able to clone it I'd suggest checking out a few tutorials on objects before actually starting to make some real changes so you know at least the basics to start from. Although in this case you should be able to find it with TSRW as well Mesh toolkit by the way is only necessary for bone assignments and morphs so that's not exactly the tool you'd want

Here's a great tutorial:

I think from there it should be a bit easier to guide you some more into the process of some more advanced stuff!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:26 PM
Thank you for pointing me to the right tools. I was able to mod the objects in about 10min. just changed the colors on the mask .dds to what I wanted. Nothing to it. A whole new world is open now. haha.