Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:20 AM
Default How do I disable the EA skintones?
I don't like the EA skin tones. I have custom content skin tones, but the townies don't use them and use the gross EA skins instead.

I'm not talking about overlays. I'm talking about these —

I want them gone.

I have TS4 CAS Tools (some thread here said that's what you use to edit the tones) but I can't find the tones in order to edit them. All I see are skin details and overlays, not what I want at all.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:33 AM
CAS Tools is for clothing, hair, and accessories, not skin tones. Skininator works with skintones. I've never looked at hiding game skintones and don't know how to do it or if it's possible. What you could do is clone them and replace the textures with custom textures.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow and get back to you if there's some clever way to hide them.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 2:15 PM
You could try cloning default replacements of the EA skintones and removing all the property tags. Since the Occult property determines if the skintone shows up in CAS for the specified occult type (human, alien, etc) it should hide the tone in CAS.

You'll need Skininator: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=568474

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4