Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 3:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Incredibly slow loading + lagging, help appreciated!
Hi, my game is running incredibly slow on some of the lowest graphics settings, and I'm not too computer savvy:
Processor: AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon HD Graphics ~1.6GHz
Ram: 4096MB
Graphics Card Model:AMD Radeon HD 7600G
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit(10.0, build 16299)

Is there any way to make my game run faster without removing Mods or EPs?
It takes:
-45 minutes-1 hour to load the game
-1+ hour(s) to load a save or new world, regardless of the content
-5-15 minutes to load the Make-Up and both hair panels
-15-30+ minutes to load any clothing or shoes tab, regardless of age or sex
-25-45+ minutes to load the accessories tab for both sexes and all ages
When I finally get to the game, it lags incredibly, sometimes freezing for a couple hours, causing me to have to forcefully shut off the computer by slamming the power button for 5 seconds.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebflover777
Processor: AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon HD Graphics ~1.6GHz
Ram: 4096MB
Graphics Card Model:AMD Radeon HD 7600G
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit(10.0, build 16299)

Is there any way to make my game run faster without removing Mods or EPs?

I'm sorry to say this, to run any Windows 64 bit OS with only 4GB RAM is not ideal for gaming, for school or office usage is ok but not when it comes to gaming, if you run any Windows 32 bit OS with 4Gb you'll get the max out of the 32bit OS, but for 64 bit OS, its holding it down.

AMD A8-4555M processor is not bad in general.. performance-wise, but you only have 4 GB ram with 64 bit OS, and you have all the EPs installed (plus maybe some tons of CCs and Mods), I think that would be too much for your A8-4555M

The one thing that A8-4555M is lacking is that it doesn't have the L3 Cache, but that can be overcome with upgrading your RAM to 16Gb (not 8Gb if you want to keep all EPs CCs and Mods you have), and an SSD replacing your HDD, and use RAMDisk to manage your TS3 files when the game is being run. But even all that won't guarantee your game will be free from lags/freezes, it will speed up your game loading significantly but not freeing TS3 from lags/freezes as that would be a different subject and different workaround to fix them.

So.. short answer; there's no way to speed them up if you want to keep all EPs CCs and Mods with your current specification. Sorry
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 6:02 AM
Thank you, I'll just run it with my preferred packs then!
It simply confused me at first because The Sims 1, 2, 4, and Medieval ran nearly perfectly with the graphics at their highest.