Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 7:11 AM Last edited by Pollinationtech#10 : 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:10 AM.
Default Adding Futuristic Service Vehicles to Lunar Lakes
So, I'm really new to modding and really want to add Futuristic attributes to Lunar Lakes like hovertaxis/hoverpolice cars/hover firetrucks. I've thought about going in and replacing the default vehicles with their futuristic counterparts, but that would ruin all the other neighborhoods. Since Oasis Landing already has these attributes, I figured there should be some way of transposing the script regarding vehicles in this neighborhood to a different world. Would anybody know where I should look for that kind of info? Would it be in gameplay like a ITUN or XML? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Edit: To elucidate-For example, would this be a core mod? Would it be in the world data? The object data of the individual vehicles?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:42 AM
So, going through the XMLs in game data, theres stuff that controls demographic data for NPCs in worlds (i.e. Chinese characteristics for Chinese worlds, whether "servos" (plumbots) can be an NPC, clothing type) and also stuff on vehicles (speed, data on ep03 traffic (which I assume to mean the fake taxis)). Seems like the traffic type of a world should be in there too, though I couldn't find it. Anybody know where else I could look/if I might have overlooked it?
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 7:23 AM
I don't know about this, sorry I'm very interested in it tho. You should ask in the Nraas forum, Chain_Reaction is really helpful with modding advice, helped me out quite a lot.