Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11776 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:59 AM
What happens if a Sim gets inducted into the secret society, but the subhood doesn't have a SS lot?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11777 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:55 AM
I've never been able to find that file, let alone figure out how to use it.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Alchemist
#11778 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I've never been able to find that file, let alone figure out how to use it.

I just posted about it in the Forgotten Hotkeys thread, but here ya go:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...erstartup.cheat
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3462

The file is in My Documents -> EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Config. The file should open with Notepad and then just add:

uintProp maxTotalSims 100
uintProp maxTotalHumans 100
uintProp maxTotalPets 99

You can use lower numbers, of course (like 50 or whatever), but the above pretty much guarantees you shouldn't have any problems merging bigger households, especially when combined with whatever bigger household mod you use.

Just make sure that if you use a lighting mod, you keep whatever text is there already. And, as the threads that I linked to show, you can put a lot of different stuff in it. I believe there was a sharing thread for userstartup cheats on MTS somewhere, too.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#11779 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:08 AM
How exactly does the genie lamp work??

Matchmaker plopped one off on the Picaso's porch while both of their aspirations were low. They each have 5/10 bars in their OTH too. I always thought platinum aspiration and high hobby were the only factors, is an element of random chance in play too?

(It's not a mod situation since I'm play testing a clean Ultimate on a new computer.)

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Link Ninja
#11780 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:48 AM
I'm pretty sure matchmaker's gift Genies due to high positive reputation

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11781 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:25 AM
There must be a random chance element as well, because everyone in Four Corners-Bitville has maxed positive reputation, and exactly one household has received a lamp.
Lab Assistant
#11782 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:39 AM
I had a family receive a lamp right after a pregnant sim peed herself and went into aspiration failure. No relationships were being built or skills being skilled. It's a mystery to me.
Mad Poster
#11783 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:19 AM
Maybe the Gypsy Matchmaker felt sorry for them. XD
Mad Poster
#11784 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:52 AM
My Justin Kim found a (particular) cafeteria working attractive. What should I do? Or should I do anything?
Mad Poster
#11785 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:17 AM
Is the cafeteria worker a playable? Check in SimPE for their character file, to see if they have a full one. Perhaps you can make them playable if you wish. I didn't see that particular type on the 'Don't play' list in the Wiki, so that's a fair question.

Now for my question:
Is there any way to reset the rating for a business once it reaches the level 10 designation? I have a couple of them that were sold, but priced according to the level they were sold at. Expensive, to be fair.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11786 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:23 PM
I hit something on my keyboard and now have it set to overwrite when I type. Does anyone know how to fix it? It's driving me nuts.
Alchemist
#11787 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:37 PM
Probably the insert key.
Mad Poster
#11788 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I hit something on my keyboard and now have it set to overwrite when I type. Does anyone know how to fix it? It's driving me nuts.

The insert key. I actually ended up disabling it on my keyboard, along with caps lock.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#11789 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:32 PM
Hit insert again and it will disable the overwriting. I don't know how many times I did that and got annoyed. I ended up googling the issue to find out what it was and lo and behold we are not the only ones with that issue ;p

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11790 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The insert key. I actually ended up disabling it on my keyboard, along with caps lock.

KeyTweak's the program I used for that, BTW. One limitation of this is that you have to reboot for it to actually kick in.

just a girl
#11791 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Lamare, you can definitely propose/move in sims while in the dorm

@Phantomknight, I tried last night and I definitely can't. Thanks for the cheat though.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11792 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
What happens if a Sim gets inducted into the secret society, but the subhood doesn't have a SS lot?

If there's no SS lot, AFAIAA they don't get inducted - Little Carping has never had an SS lot anywhere. Only dormies belong - and, in fact, only one dormie since I have Pescado's hack to limit them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#11793 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:38 AM
What files and folders do I need to copy to take my neighbourhood and current game to another computer?

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11794 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv
What files and folders do I need to copy to take my neighbourhood and current game to another computer?

The save games are in the neighbourhood folder but if you use CC, especially hacks, you'll probably need to take your Downloads folder too. There is a small chance you need other folders - principally Saved Sims if you store anything in there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Alchemist
#11795 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:33 AM
SC4 files; how many shipped version ones are there in whole game?

lot catalog.
noticed duplicate lots of pre-made expansion lots; except for "specialty lots". is this normal or not?
Mad Poster
#11796 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:34 AM
Also, if you have mods, like camera mods, or Tarlia's cleaned neighborhoods, or custom subhoods, that aren't confined to the Downloads folder, don't forget to carry them over, too!

The most important things to remember are to reinstall the patches and the CEP, plus any CEP-Extras you may have.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11797 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:49 AM
I got the impression they were just transferring temporarily - y'all are describing a permanent move.

Scholar
#11798 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Can I use the teleporter cat to move a runaway teen into my orphanage, or will that cause problems when when he's supposed to come home and grow up?
Field Researcher
#11799 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:18 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I will try to do it right!

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Mad Poster
#11800 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by apocalypticautumn
How exactly does the genie lamp work??

Matchmaker plopped one off on the Picaso's porch while both of their aspirations were low. They each have 5/10 bars in their OTH too. I always thought platinum aspiration and high hobby were the only factors, is an element of random chance in play too?

(It's not a mod situation since I'm play testing a clean Ultimate on a new computer.)

IF the Prima Guide is right, there's at least a 2 percent daily base chance of getting the lamp (plus modifiers for high Lifetime Aspiration score and high hobby enthusiasm). It's remotely possible that this was just random chance.

Quote: Originally posted by Prima Guide
Each day there's a two percent chance the Gypsy Matchmaker will wander by and drop off a lamp. The more Sims in the household that have high Lifetime Aspiration score (+2% chance for each Sim with line 7 or higher Lifetime Aspiration score) and hobby enthusiasm (+1% chance for each hobby for which each Sim is at or above level 8), the more liekly a lamp will arrive. Thus, let's imagine a household with four Sims, two of whom have Lifetime Aspiration score above line 7. Two of these Sims each have one hobby at level 10 enthusiasm, one has two hobbies maximized, and the third has none above level 7. Thus, the lot's chance of getting a lamp each day would be 10 percent.

There's no mention of how the game decides who gets the memory of finding it. I've had babies and toddlers get the memory of finding the lamp. One time a dorm cook got the memory of finding it!
Page 472 of 1339