Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 12:19 AM
Ok so I did everything u said right but when I check my neighborhoods I click the recent one and Theres like 10 lots in there !! Which on of them is it?!?! PLEASE HELP !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eddygzz
Ok so I did everything u said right but when I check my neighborhoods I click the recent one and Theres like 10 lots in there !! Which on of them is it?!?! PLEASE HELP !

Do you mean you check the lots in game? If so the lot your looking for is probably in the first spot, the icon looks quite different form the others (its at a different angle, dark around the building) Also the name is very random, a jumble of letters pretty much. You should be able to find it easily.

Sorry if this isn't what you ment! Hope I helped.
Test Subject
#203 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starlightning
Do you mean you check the lots in game? If so the lot your looking for is probably in the first spot, the icon looks quite different form the others (its at a different angle, dark around the building) Also the name is very random, a jumble of letters pretty much. You should be able to find it easily.

Sorry if this isn't what you ment! Hope I helped.

No I meant in the lot neighborhood folder outside the game. I make the New neighborhood i edit the Cas house and when i log out and go into my most recent neighborhood file theres like 10 of them ! I need help i dont know which one im suppose to put in the Downloads folder
Test Subject
#204 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 4:13 AM
Hmm that is strange,

are you sure your going to EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\(your latest neighborhood) ? Maybe you accidentally went into a different neighborhood file? If not then...

I looked into myself and found only one file named N003_Lot2

My best guess would be that it would be your latest lot in your lastest neighborhood, so something like N00#_Lot10(or other number lol)

I say try it, if your game crashes its very fixable just MAKE SURE you have a backup of the original CAS! so you can fix it.
Test Subject
#205 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 4:15 AM
Hmm that is strange,

are you sure your going to EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\(your latest neighborhood) ? Maybe you accidentally went into a different neighborhood file? If not then...

I looked into myself and found only one file named N003_Lot2

My best guess would be that it would be your latest lot in your lastest neighborhood, so something like N00#_Lot10(or other number lol)

I say try it, if your game crashes its very fixable just MAKE SURE you have a backup of the original CAS! so you can fix it.

Yea Ill try the most recent one See if it works Thanks !! Ill Update yo if this works !
Test Subject
#206 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 4:34 AM
Yea Ill try the most recent one See if it works Thanks !! Ill Update yo if this works !

YAY IT WORKED !! Tho when I play it the Sim has alot of cold ! SO he is shivering , SO is there a way to edit the One i just made? Please reply lol
Test Subject
#207 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 4:44 AM
Oh God haha, now your at my problem o.O

I'm not sure if you can EDIT the one you just made or not, that was my question. What I do know is your getting the shivering from seasons =\ I suggest getting the AnyGame Hack.. download, whatever you want to call it, if you don't have it already.

I'm working on seeing if you use a already made CAS! from seasons on there and bring it back to your game if your sim will still freeze right now =)

(EDIT) Theres a link to the AnyGame forum on the first page of this thread if you need it, I'm to lazy haha.
Test Subject
#208 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 5:14 PM
Oh God haha, now your at my problem o.O

I'm not sure if you can EDIT the one you just made or not, that was my question. What I do know is your getting the shivering from seasons =\ I suggest getting the AnyGame Hack.. download, whatever you want to call it, if you don't have it already.

I'm working on seeing if you use a already made CAS! from seasons on there and bring it back to your game if your sim will still freeze right now =)

(EDIT) Theres a link to the AnyGame forum on the first page of this thread if you need it, I'm to lazy haha.

Well ok Im going to do the cas without Seasons But i guess imma create a new one Anyway I didn't like the one i made
Test Subject
#209 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 7:04 PM
Well ok Im going to do the cas without Seasons But i guess imma create a new one Anyway I didn't like the one i made

I ended up doing the same, my customized cas wouldn't show up in the catalog when I put it in there or downloads for Anygame. I guess I could always package the lot, but it doesn't matter my new one is turning out better anyway. I'm glad I could help you out
Test Subject
#210 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 4:07 AM
Thanks
This tutorial is awesome! I didn't even know the CAS place was a house! Thanks for putting this up here, because if you didn't i'd still be angry with the CAS place for all time.

If it's any consolation to you... I don't like that thing either. It sickens me.
Test Subject
#211 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 8:04 AM
I have a problem.....I followed all the steps, made a CAS, saved it, quit the game, I'm in my neighborhood's lot folder (I'm in the right neighborhood) but there's no lot file!
I don't know what happened....I know I made it, I'm not dreaming today
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:23 PM
Well I figured out that to stop your Sims from freezing click on the new sim thing then quickly cancel that sim. When you start the new one, they won't freeze!!
This worked for me, let me know if it works for youu =]
LOL And I'm not sure if I've posted this before in this thread... well I'm a little to lazy to check =D You'll survive. x)

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#213 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 2:09 AM
actually i dont have a folder called TSData, what should i do?
Test Subject
#214 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
OK, big problem! I have followed all the steps, but when I get to the end to test it out, there is a sky blue screen with no sim! Is this something to do with the fact that I still have a load of files in the Lots folder? Can I just go back to the original screen somehow? Please answer!

He who forgives is worthy of friendship - and has probably been bribed.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#215 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 12:15 AM
kylebeans - Or you could actually make the custom CAS properly using the AnyGameStarter as advised...

Blackcatsimone - Yes you do. You're just probably looking in My Documents rather than Program Files. Your game wouldn't work if you didn't have a TSData folder.

AlloSim - Which lot folder? There's two several folders containing the word "lots" dealt with in this tutorial - Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 (or newest EP)/TSData/Res/Global Lots, My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/LotCatalog, and My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N###/Lots - you should generally have two files in Global Lots under Program Files, a bunch of them in LotCatalog under My Documents, and one in N###/Lots. Either way that's probably not causing your problem. Just delete the CAS!.package file from your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder (where you put it in steps 10/11) to go back to the original.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#216 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 5:50 PM
I made a custom CAS screen and it worked but that was about a month ago. I went through the same procedure again and made another and replaced the first one and when i started up the game the previous one showed up still. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Just to say when i created the first CAS screen i had Seasons installed followed by FreeTime and the sims kept freezing but i have just stalled Apartment Life and they dont do it anymore...incase anyone was still having that problem.
Test Subject
#217 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 11:54 PM
I don't know how big of an issue this is, but when you said there will be one lot in the 'Lots' file...mine came up with 204. I only had that one lot in the neighborhood and i don't know which one to pick.

Visit my site!

ƒablerox
Test Subject
#218 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 8:24 AM
i understand that you can't use Seasons while making a new CAS..... but i've already made the mistake of doing that, and my sims are freezing to death, and their face color doesn't match their body color. is there an easy way to undo/delete the CAS and start over using the basegame? do i just get rid of "CAS!.package" in my downloads? and just to make sure... the basegame is indeed the first sims2 game, right? thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Crystallyne : 12th Jan 2009 at 1:36 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Okay I'm really hoping someone will respond to this... I'm having a huge problem when trying to follow this tutorial. I have all expansion packs except for BV, so I have the issue with Seasons. I'm using the Any Game Starter as suggested, and loading it up using the Pets expansion.

The problem I'm having is that after I create my neighborhood, quit my game, and move my CAS screen to the lot catalog, and rename it... I run the game again (still using the Pets expansion) and THE CAS LOT IS NOT SHOWING UP in my lot catalog in game!

I've done this using my full game so I know exactly how it's supposed to work. I know what the lot looks like and where to find it. But when using the Any Game Starter and trying to do this, the lot simply doesn't appear in the lot catalog.

EDIT: I HAVE IDENTIFIED THE PROBLEM. I don't know if this was a change after the tutorial was written or not. But when using the Any Game Starter, the LotCatalog is now under Documents > AnyGameStarter > AnyGame3 > EA Games > The Sims 2 > LotCatalog

It's a COMPLETELY different area then where your standard game files go. I don't know if Saraswati5 wants to update the tutorial or not to reflect this change, but I know it would have saved me many hours of frustration. *smiles apologetically* I never saw the AnyGameStarter directory in my documents folder, and only found it in a VERY round-about way.
Test Subject
#220 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 10:42 AM
I cant finds my cas house there is 14 different houses in the bin even though there is only one house in the new neighborhood.(I have Uni, NL,OFB,pets,Seasons,Bv,ft,al,ffs,gls,cs,h&m,,mansion and garden,Kitchen and bath interior desighn stuff and teen style stuff
Test Subject
#221 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 7:54 PM
mariomanaic, there are other houses in the bin because those are the default houses that are created with every new neighborhood. The only one you should be look for should be obvious: a house with dark edge around it and a random name such as "jkjhkj" or something. I hope this helps
Test Subject
#222 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 7:23 PM
Thank you so much this has really helped!
Test Subject
#223 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampixen
I have finished making a custom CAS screen and though it was created in the dark, now it shows as daytime when in-game. Is there any way to correct this and make it show as Nighttime?

While in game just use the Day/Night toggle option located in the sub-menu.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nathe1019
Wellm, i have a problem... I couldn't find the house were you bulidt the CAS-screen. Help?

The same thing happened to me!!!!

Please help!

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Test Subject
#225 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 10:49 AM
I have one question, i made my custom CAS and everything loaded fine and seems to be working, but when i'm making sim with this CAS, they keep doing the freezing animation. i re-did the CAS and made sure the house was sealed off but the probelm kept happening. Could the be an error in my game? or something the CAS?
Page 9 of 11