Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 8:50 AM
Default installation instructions for sims 2 shown with roof texture upload for sims 4
I came across what seems to be an error- I'm uploading a roof tile texture that I made for Sims 4. I'm looking at the preview, and it shows the following default install instructions:

Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
Windows Vista: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\

4. Install Scriptorium Files: Put the .txt file(s) in your in the proper Scriptorium folder (Scriptorium_ModularStairs, Scriptorium_Fireplaces, Scriptorium_CustomLights, or Scriptorium_Walls). You will find these folders inside your Downloads folder once the Scriptorium is installed.

So, these do not appear to be the right install instructions for this version of the game. It may put new users on the wrong foot? I added custom instructions to my upload to circumvent this problem.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:50 PM
Changed thread category to To Fix