Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Helptato
#51 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:32 PM
I've only had a handful of Sims actually die of old age- because often I've lost interest in the family before they even get that far! My successful legacy family's founder I seem to remember, did die with all her family around her and in platinum aspiration. (and I may have shed a few tears!!)

My current legacy's founder is getting up there in age now, now I've mastered parties maybe I'll invite all the family round for one last smustle session.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 4:02 AM
The only time I attempted to play a legacy, I turned the founder and her husband into a vampire so they could watch all their descendants down through the generations. About the time their grandkids were starting school I got bored with the whole thing and switched to another neighborhood.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:36 PM
I usually don't get to play elders, since I always seem to want to restart my game before the Sims can even finish their adult lives, lol. You guys seem to send off your Sims sweetly though, it's heartwarming. :lovestruc

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 4:04 PM
I still miss Felix Bush. I made him as an elder, but he had a family aspiration. That old sneak managed to fall in love, get married, and have three kids before he died. In fact, his youngest was born the day before he died. It was a tough time for everyone.

Me included, but I'm alright with it. That's how I wanted my game to work (even if cheats can change that). Just wish Felix's spouse had taken it as well as me and their kids...

Anyway, I'm about to lose a whole slew of elders within the next playthrough of my modern hood. I'll miss them, but I'll have a huge number of kids and grandkids to play with. (Besides, I gotta fill up that cemetery somehow.)

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:37 AM
I've only got younger sims in my town so far because it's not been settled for that long yet and they've only just begun arriving in the town in the year of 1840.The town will grow over time and some will get old and have to die eventually though they won't often do it alone and miserable.Most of the elders will enjoy their final days of their lives and start giving thier things away before they go.
Scholar
#56 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:56 AM
No, but I will now thanks to that shrub helping me count the days.

The only Sim I had die nicely was in the middle of a very lovely last day.

PT9 was having a romantic interlude with Jenny. Just as they were about to get freaky on the davenport, Grim came and took PT9 to the underworld naked as a wee babby.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#57 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 3:19 AM
he could have at least waited til PT9 said goodbye properly! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 3:23 AM
I've been reluctant to play one household because a favourite Sim is close to death. I've had him playing with his grandson and teaching him stuff and hope to get them go out fishing together. He survived another two Sim days so here's hoping there'll be time.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
PT9 was having a romantic interlude with Jenny. Just as they were about to get freaky on the davenport, Grim came and took PT9 to the underworld naked as a wee babby.
So - does he haunt nekkid too? It would be appropriate for Strangetown to have a nekkid alien ghost!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:46 PM
For some reason I can imagine PT9 only wearing clothes because everyone started freaking out otherwise.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#61 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:29 PM
Unfortunately, no. I would love a nekked ghost... although it would be mega awkward since his form was...uh, very ready for action

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I've been reluctant to play one household because a favourite Sim is close to death. I've had him playing with his grandson and teaching him stuff and hope to get them go out fishing together. He survived another two Sim days so here's hoping there'll be time.
You can always turn off his aging, until you're ready for him to go. I did this with Dora Ottomas, so she could help finish raising the kids. Eventually, you'll be willing to let him go.

I find that letting them procreate, age, and die, keeps me interested. I give them lots of things to do, places to go, and just enough drama to keep things interesting.
Inventor
#63 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:06 PM
I shouldn't be reading this thread while listening to sad music . But in my game I tried to keep my sims around as long as possible because I got too attached to them for them to go, but there was one time I let one pass on. It was my sim's grandmother; she helped raise him when his mom was out working, played with him and taught him most of his life skills. She died when he was a kid, unfortunately her aspiration bar wasn't the highest because she really wanted her daughter to get married so no hula zombies, and he cried about it for a long time, and then I felt bad for him and his mom . I used to recreate them a lot and put them in different neighborhoods because I couldn't go through that again.
Page 3 of 3