Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:57 AM
Default NRaas is closing?!?!
Guys I just read that NRaas is closing today. Why didn't anyone tell anyone about anything? Where's @igazor? What is this? Where will I get my mods now????

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 1:48 PM
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Guys I just read that NRaas is closing today. Why didn't anyone tell anyone about anything? Where's @igazor? What is this? Where will I get my mods now????

Igazor started a thread about it 6 weeks ago -> http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=616888
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 1:53 PM
Where????

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 2:58 PM
The Sims 3 didn't die the day EA switched it to a legacy title.

The Sims 3 will die the day Nraas Wikispaces will be shut down.

It is known.

Like if you agree, reblog if you mildly dislike EA, ignore if you want to damn your soul to Satin.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:09 PM
Damn, some people are so rude about this. Least they could've done is make a thread about it or something. Or maybe sticky a big banner to the top of their Wikispaces. Oh if only.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:10 PM
I'm actually glad that @TwistedSmiley posted the link, in case anyone needed it and didn't realize the Class Clown trait got liberally redistributed this morning.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:47 PM
Yea! Redirect works!
Boo! Login doesn't work!
Yea!! Mod updater works perfectly!
Looked all over the New www.nraas.net site... I don't see a new class clown trait.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 4:04 PM Last edited by igazor : 1st Oct 2018 at 3:33 PM.
Logins do not work on the new site yet. Today, and possibly tomorrow or even the next, are not really the days to be checking us out as what is left of our Wikispaces site is still being transitioned to the new one and some of the pages on the new site don't look right yet. The redirects triggered the transition of many DDoS attacks that were originally directed at Wikispaces and we weren't really prepared to cope with fending off all that unwanted traffic right away. It's all being worked out, though.

The Mod Updater tool will cease to function when the wiki shuts down completely around 8-12 hours from now, we have no control over that. Its programming is entirely Wikispaces based and after today the files just won't be there anymore. We will be looking into updating/redoing the tool at a later time.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
The Sims 3 didn't die the day EA switched it to a legacy title.

The Sims 3 will die the day Nraas Wikispaces will be shut down.

It is known.

Like if you agree, reblog if you mildly dislike EA, ignore if you want to damn your soul to Satin.

Mmmmm, I love me some silky smooth satin!
Space Pony
#11 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:45 PM
I'm assuming when the site is done, for the general sims community. Someone from Nraas will post something about it here, and the original wikispaces will have a re-direct link? Only asking since the anticipation of the new site is what is getting me through this semester of school.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
I'm assuming when the site is done, for the general sims community. Someone from Nraas will post something about it here, and the original wikispaces will have a re-direct link? Only asking since the anticipation of the new site is what is getting me through this semester of school.

Yes, but it's those very redirects already in place for many of the pages that brought us the DDOS attacks of unexpected severity. This will all be worked out soon enough, then we have a lot of work to do to make the new site more user-friendly as the wikitext conversions made a mess of many popular pages.

Let's just say that the "travel transition" is not going as smoothly as it otherwise might, but all will be fine in the end.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
am i going senile or.. wait, what?

Probably. I mean, we all are just at different rates. Haven't we covered this sufficiently already?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:40 AM
We're all dying as well. Slowly. After you fill up your first diaper, it's all downhill.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:03 PM

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 1:00 PM
Okay, but how do we handle selective selective senility? Some people are very particular about when they feel like being a pain in the ass. I for one, sometimes I have "yeah sure let me help you with that" days and sometimes I have "shut the fuck up" days.

insert signature here
Scholar
#17 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 1:30 PM
How I feel about Nraas being gone.

Instructor
#18 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 6:17 PM
I feel like this is the sims 3 community and NRaas this year...

dodgy builder
#19 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 6:41 PM
Someone has a horrible sense of humour.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:36 PM
@Volvenom Have you dyed your hair? I didn't recognise you for a minute!
dodgy builder
#21 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Volvenom Have you dyed your hair? I didn't recognise you for a minute!

Oh yes, much lighter blond. I'm liking it too. You like it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 9:23 PM
Yes, very nice. I might try a lighter shade- do you think blonde would look okay with PVC?
Scholar
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 1:22 AM
But seriously what happened to Wikispaces and why did they decide to close down the whole website for good?
Site Helper
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 1:25 AM
Apparently, it was costing Wikispaces more to host the individual sites than they were getting in revenue.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 1:38 AM
That may well be true, but it's not exactly the way the parent company tells it. Wikispaces has been sold/changed hands a couple of times. The current owners recognized that the technology it runs on is what powered the Mayflower in 1620 (or something like that) and it would not be cost-effective to even try to update things. I don't know why they would have purchased a commodity that they didn't want except to speculate there must have been something else bundled in or they inherited it somehow.

Along the way they did manage to alienate what was once a loyal customer base by not maintaining the system well at all and quadrupling the regularly occurring charges for wikis in the higher than free/classroom categories so it is possible they didn't have enough higher paying customers left to support the whole endeavor. We had plans in place to jump ship on our own time without the deadline imposed, that just sped things up a bit.
Page 1 of 3