4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#6501 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 7:22 AM
Angélique Beausoleil turned into an elder yesterday and I decided her townie SO, Loup Hétu would age along.
After I changed his outfits (Pes' clothing tool in effect), I was surprised to see Grim appeared.
I don't know if it's a mod side effect, but Loup died as soon as he turned into an elder.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6502 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:37 PM Last edited by gazania : 26th Oct 2018 at 4:15 PM.
Do not, do not, do not convert a community vacation beach house into a residential one before playing it. Something in the coding breaks. My Sims couldn't watch TV, and the teens' AI panels went all wonky. When they went to the lot the first time, for some reason, I got the lot in build mode. This did not happen with the other beach house I made, nor with any non-vacation lots. Everything was fine once the teens got back to the main hood. That's the good news.

I should add that the house was unplayed and unowned before I moved the family in. It was created in an unplayed hood. References were cleaned. So whatever it was, those weren't the causes, and I don't THINK I corrupted my hood. I would be really, really upset if I did!

It is quite possible that I used the Orb and did not return to save again, but I don't think so. This house took a couple of weeks to build, too. I accidentally created it as a community lot, but thought, "No problem! I've changed lot zoning before!" Yeah. About that.

Time to take copious amounts of pictures so I can re-create it again.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#6503 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:30 PM
Being the Mayor doesn't make you the richest sim of the hood.
Alchemist
#6504 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:42 PM
That you can't use create a child with two men (or women, I assume).

I assume you could get the same results by temporarily changing one of them to a woman though.
Mad Poster
#6505 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
That you can't use create a child with two men (or women, I assume).

I assume you could get the same results by temporarily changing one of them to a woman though.

Yes. When doing experiments with create-a-child and premade Sims, I had to change Consort Capp to a female.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#6506 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 1:52 PM
I didn't know that there is a scholarship called the Young Entrepreneurs all this time!!
My teen Dirk Dreamer reached the top of the medicine career and rolled this want.
He even earns money from the finance consulting when he has some time.
Meanwhile, Darren Dreamer (his father) hasn't earned a penny.
So, Dirk is the bread winner of this family for sure.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Instructor
#6507 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Being the Mayor doesn't make you the richest sim of the hood.

It can if you enforce high taxes upon your residents

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#6508 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM
Nope, because the money goes to a placeholder sim.
But a Mayor (not the current one because she's responsible) could use the town funds for personal needs.
Mad Poster
#6509 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:33 PM
Unoccupied houses and apartment buildings also have seasons. Perhaps its whichever season the builder was in when the lot was packaged?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6510 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 4:33 AM
That a husband can send his wife a love letter after a great date. Eleanor Shaw received one and she (I) couldn't figure out who could have sent it..except for the one person she had a great date with: her husband.
How sweet!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6511 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Unoccupied houses and apartment buildings also have seasons. Perhaps its whichever season the builder was in when the lot was packaged?

I think it's whichever season is set to be first in that neighborhood. At least that's what mine always seem to be.
Mad Poster
#6512 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 6:54 AM
Although I discovered it a few days ago, I just confirmed that Smonaff's fertility/virility potions are able to cause the male Sim to get pregnant by a female.

Mad Poster
#6513 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 7:00 AM
Although I discovered it a few days ago, I just confirmed that Smonaff's fertility/virility potions are able to cause the male Sim to get pregnant by a female.

For times you don't just do that intentionally with the sim blender...
Lab Assistant
#6514 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 7:29 PM
Servos can become vampires. (Sorry, Electra.)

Now, I always thought vampires wanted blood. So what does the Count get out of biting a servo, besides a strong metallic aftertaste?
Forum Resident
#6515 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tancred
Servos can become vampires. (Sorry, Electra.)

Now, I always thought vampires wanted blood. So what does the Count get out of biting a servo, besides a strong metallic aftertaste?

I mean, it means he gets lots of iron in his diet?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#6516 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:21 AM
I guess with the Triplets & Quads Mod (the version where you can decide how many babies a Sim gives birth to) only works when it wants to, hehe.

So, my pregnant Sim was giving birth and it gave me the option to choose how many babies I wanted her to have... I selected one baby & it said a baby is on the way. The birth cinematic played... BUT: She dropped that baby on the floor and did a spin and had another baby... Surprise? Heheh, I saved because I felt bad for the second baby if I didn't save. LOL.
Mad Poster
#6517 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:59 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 30th Oct 2018 at 7:22 AM.
Magazines ("Entertainment!" and "Money Talks...") that sims pull (multiple times each) out of Numenor's magazine racks have a value ($10 or $12, probably depending on how long they've been lying around) and can be sold in buy mode. Free money if you don't mind how obviously cheaty that is.
Mad Poster
#6518 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 10:19 AM
Sims can be sore losers, and get furious at another Sim who won against them in a game.

Mad Poster
#6519 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:50 PM
Sims can be sore losers, and get furious at another Sim who won against them in a game.

Do you have lessgamerage from MATY? Because it's supposed to reduce that, and I don't think I've ever seen a sim get furious from playing a game - maybe it "reduces" it to zero.
Forum Resident
#6520 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:12 AM
Pregnant simmers can actually go to work ---
Only took me like

10 years to realize

I build small houses *^*
Alchemist
#6521 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:29 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 1st Nov 2018 at 11:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Only took me like

10 years to realize

from my experience, just the first day of pregnancy.
edit:: had just base game then.
Mad Poster
#6522 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 1:23 AM
I think that they can go to work until they start showing. Once they pop into the pregnancy mesh, all the game's restrictions seem to be triggered (no going to work, no using the hot tub, etc.)
Mad Poster
#6523 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:32 AM
They can go during all three trimesters; it just stops being automatic once they pop. They'll still have the "walk to work" option, or "go to work" if they have a car.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6524 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Only took me like

10 years to realize

Oh all this time I've held off their career advancements because I wanted them to have kids, when they could've had both >.<
Alchemist
#6525 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 12:00 AM
edited my last post.
Page 261 of 445