Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6526 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Pregnant simmers can actually go to work ---
Only took me like

10 years to realize

Or you could take maternity leave and stay home playing the Sims. :P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6527 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:58 PM
It's possible to use moveobjects to stack solar panels. This is helpful if there's not much room on a lot. I wouldn't try it on an apartment lot, though, as there's a glitch that causes enormous bills.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6528 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:09 AM
It is apparently possible for a CAS couple, one with brown eyes (standard dominant genetic value) and one with purple eyes (super low genetic value), to produce a set of twins, one with brown eyes and one with purple eyes. Shouldn't that...uh, not be possible?
Screenshots
Alchemist
#6529 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
It is apparently possible for a CAS couple, one with brown eyes (standard dominant genetic value) and one with purple eyes (super low genetic value), to produce a set of twins, one with brown eyes and one with purple eyes. Shouldn't that...uh, not be possible?
at least 2 possibilities::
-a glitch/bug in the game
-the eyes actually having the same genetic value
Mad Poster
#6530 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:43 AM
Did the brown-eyed parent have any CAS relatives?

If you make a family in CAS - say, a brown-haired father, a red-haired mother, and a brown-haired child - the genetics will be properly distributed - even if you delete one of the parents before saving. The brown-haired child will have a red recessive; and if you make the child blonde or red-headed, the brown-haired father will get an appropriate recessive to account for it.

So if, say, you made the brown-eyed parent with an elder father with light blue eyes, the brown-eyed parent would have a light blue recessive. If the child inherits both recessive genes, they duke it out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6531 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
-the eyes actually having the same genetic value

When gummilutt geneticized these particular eyes for me, she said:
Quote:
Alien - 1
Brown - 1
Black - 1
Green - 1.5
Dark blue - 2
Light blue - 2
Grey - 2
Redpink - 2.5
Violet - 2.5

The lower the number the more dominant it is.

The "Violet" is what I'm calling "purple."

Edit:
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Did the brown-eyed parent have any CAS relatives?

No, because this sim couple is one I threw together in order to test if a certain mod does in fact cause CAS couples have duplicated "got married" memories (it does, sigh). I suppose I'll have to check their DNA in SimPE just to be sure, but the chance that I made and then deleted CAS relatives is pretty much less than zero.

I'm also the one who managed to get one human-skinned baby from the 4 sets of Sednoa alien twins, so maybe there's just something a bit wonky about genetics in my game for some reason. I might have to do more breeding experiments.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6532 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:17 AM
@Rosawyn If you boot the game in debug mode, you can check the dna of any sim on the lot using the simdna cheat. For example:
simdna ulysses
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6533 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 2:04 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 3rd Nov 2018 at 2:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you boot the game in debug mode, you can check the dna of any sim on the lot using the simdna cheat.

Thanks for the tip! That will be very helpful

Regarding these particular sims...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6534 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:52 PM
Don't know how many people are aware of this, because I've never encountered it in my countless hours of playing until today.

The girlfriend (I'm not sure what to call her - it's a double romance sim couple so they're not actually married) in one of my main families has started picking up painting, and I've hung up a portrait she painted of her boyfriend on the wall. I told the boyfriend to 'View' it to see what he thought and he booed it. But his girlfriend was still in the room and 'React to Dislike' came her in her queue. She facepalmed and looked all embarrassed. It's amazing all the little things you can still encounter for the first time after so long.
Forum Resident
#6535 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:15 PM
I only just noticed that the default foundation floor has dirty footprints all over it! It's the little details that astound me about this game.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Theorist
#6536 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:17 PM
Rainelle Neengia moved to my hood.
I wanted to give her her french name. I discover that said name is lame.
Mad Poster
#6537 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 5:37 AM
This is the first time I've used a mod to let toddlers go up and down stairs, so I've never known this before now: toddlers can play in leaves (and it tanks their hygiene.)
Mad Poster
#6538 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:15 PM
In the Sims 3, if you send a Sim to the theatre to watch a movie, you can hear "Bare Bones" (TS2 CAS theme) playing in the background! :lovestruc

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6539 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:33 PM
Apparently you can't put fences into collection files?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6540 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:49 PM
If a sim is sitting at a table to do a crossword and then check the weather forecast (etc) in a newspaper using Lamare's "hold that newspaper" mod, they'll remain sitting in the char and drop the newspaper on the floor when they're done all interactions with it - and it'll be folded that long and narrow shape rather than the usual square-ish shape. (This is also the shape of newspapers purchased from MogHughson's newspaper rack.)

And then if another sim serves food at that spot on the table, the sim can eat the food without pulling their chair in:

Also visible in the pic is the folded newspaper on the floor behind the chair.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6541 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 1:48 AM
Attention all Uni and Mega College players! I discovered tonight that if you do have the Mega College pack by Squinge, it does prevent your college pixel from enrolling on campus-as we all know. They're for all intents and purposes, enrolled already.
What I discovered, however: using the teleporter at one of the dorms (with one pixel already there) to move said town college pixel into the dorm ignores that and they can move into the dorm with grade and semester placement intact.

All they have to do is claim their room and they're a member of the household! The teleporter is in the plants area of the build section and is available to use.

So now you can move the YA's from your town onto campus and into a dorm. They'll be part of the household and in the same year/semester they were in while at home.

I can see I've got a few YA's from Bellefleur to move onto the campus. I was thrilled to know that they're not condemned to live in town for their entire college career. They miss their friends!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#6542 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 8:16 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...161#post5462161
entered mentioned lot a second time. different clothes than first time, but hair the same. both times exited without saving.
no pictures from either time.
Theorist
#6543 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:03 PM
So I just had a new thing (well new to me) happen. Don Lothario was walkin past Goopy's house and he went dumpster diving. I know they can do it on their home lot, but I'd never seen them do it on a walk-by.
Mad Poster
#6544 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:15 PM
I've never seen kids slide down a spiral stair handrail before. Rick Marsh and Tiffany Marsh just aged to child and they both have been sliding down the handrail instead of walking down the stairs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6545 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:28 AM
Well, I learnt that either the game can, by itself, make hideous dogs or that something is up with my game.

This is a market stall in my downtrodden Baskerville (which is why baby goods are on the ground) and the stray dog? Gargoyle? Demon? That walked onto it.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6546 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:40 AM
Hound of the Baskervilles, obviously. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6547 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:57 AM
Lol I know! Ironic that it was Baskerville.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6548 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 4:21 PM
Pretty sure that's a "Terrier of the Baskervilles," actually.

Scholar
#6549 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:11 PM
In the Sims 2, townies and other game-spawned Sims are automatically given an aspiration matching their zodiac sign. (This is not the case with premade playable characters.)

I learnt this from Pleasant Sims! Now when I play, my born in-game Sims get an aspiration matching their zodiac sign! This way, I have more variety of Sims! I rarely, if ever, play Pleasure Sims and with this new rule, I've had around 3-4 Sims with this aspiration! :D
Mad Poster
#6550 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Pretty sure that's a "Terrier of the Baskervilles," actually.

Terror of the Baskervilles. XD
Page 262 of 445