Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#7501 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:30 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 9th Feb 2018 at 4:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, I think it does.

Cool ! Because that tea set is really cute.
Hope, all ATS CC tea/coffee alternate set could have their own appropriate "mug" too.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7502 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Here: http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/hackedobjects.htm

I tried that mod out. It's such an amazing one. Cars did sometimes spawn in one another, though. One issue I had is that I would have preferred If it came with an object that is reasonable object like a car or just as that bush, which after purchasing became reasonable with a price of 0§. Nevertheless, I love it.
Alchemist
#7503 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
about sims eating outside; one way to protect them from weather might be to construct an awning over the eating area.
Scholar
#7504 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
WOW, that Take a Spin mod that is listed on the aussietopenders site is what I have always wanted! Take a spin in the car and buy Pizza/chinese food/groceries. http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/hackedobjects.htm

Had to take it out again. The carpool kept glitching for my pets with jobs. The car would show up for one second and then disappear and leave behind a grocery basket that somehow got stuck on the dog... Pretty funny! But my Fortune sim with a LTW to have 6 pets at the top of their careers was NOT amused.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#7505 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about sims eating outside; one way to protect them from weather might be to construct an awning over the eating area.

I really doubt it can since it doesn't seem to behave as a shelter for your sims (snow/rain still go through it).
Mad Poster
#7506 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:46 PM
I was actually considering enclosing the porch and turning it into a sunroom. Since I have the hack that makes grills not instantly go up in flames if they're indoors it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7507 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:43 PM Last edited by maxon : 10th Feb 2018 at 11:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok yes, so I will just have more Drivers in my 'Hood. If I decide to delete the cheat object from my lot, the new Drivers will stay and it won't create no character files. They are Drivers..not PT's.
Hoping this is right.

Yes, that's right. Except they will have character files but you want that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7508 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

That might work for rain, but it wouldn't stop them from freezing to death in the winter.
Alchemist
#7509 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:27 AM
@frogz2007, couldn't that be done by defaulting all the skins and eyetones to whatever colors you want? Then starting a fresh hood. (Ideally in a separate TS2 folder from your other hoods).

@SciBirg, thanks for those links. I'll have to see if they're compatible with the mods I have to make vehicles cost money to drive, but I was looking for something like this. I was playing in my Pleasantview-Riverblossom hood and wanted Kaylynn to have an affair (to test a theory), but her current BF (John Burb) quit his job to be a farmer. The regular Take A Spin isn't long enough for a date.

And this may be a little late, but for the heater/AC idea, wouldn't make more sense to have a controller with a footprint/radius that it "senses?" Then, if the controller senses that heater/AC unit/fireplace, it regulates sim temperature accordingly? If it doesn't detect anything, then the sim temperatures would slowly decrease/increase to match what the outside temperature should be. But this way, you could control temperatures anywhere, even places the game considers outside.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7510 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
And this may be a little late, but for the heater/AC idea, wouldn't make more sense to have a controller with a footprint/radius that it "senses?" Then, if the controller senses that heater/AC unit/fireplace, it regulates sim temperature accordingly? If it doesn't detect anything, then the sim temperatures would slowly decrease/increase to match what the outside temperature should be. But this way, you could control temperatures anywhere, even places the game considers outside.

Pffff it's never late...
That's an ingenious idea...So, this controller would detect the small radiator(AL) in a room, and my sim would not freeze.
Given the radiator is placed within the controller's required footprint, but where could the sim be? Would the sim need to be in that footprint too?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7511 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:10 AM
Given the radiator is placed within the controller's required footprint, but where could the sim be? Would the sim need to be in that footprint too?

Yes. The controller would regulate anyone in the room. So simmers can have cold sunrooms, but warm attics, or that one room in the house that's always freezing.

It might be a bit tedious to set up, cuz you'd need a couple of different sized controllers and one in every room, but that seems to offer the most customizability. Also, the controller should be free and then sims would pay for the heating unit/AC unit or whatever.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#7512 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Sketching : 10th Feb 2018 at 7:12 AM.
I wonder if there's a mod that allows me to untownify clothes without SimPE, preferably in batches. Maybe something like a Wardrobe Wrangler plug-in. Sometimes I find nice clothes, especially those that come in several colors, but untownifying all of them was a struggle.
just a girl
#7513 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 6:44 AM
If I made this mod, a player would have to place one controller object on lot and the code would take it from there. The code would think about heat distribution and all that.
Player would only have to place heaters, AC, fireplaces, etc.
Field Researcher
#7514 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Yep! Sorry for not clarifying.

Though now that I think of this idea, I think it would be infeasible as a mod of any kind since any abilities can be added to them manually either in-game or through mods. that, and the aliens, as I mentioned, are seen as normal Sims in-game so they obviously would run from the same Sim template as any other Sim would whereas Bigfoot / Servos / NPC's run from their own special template with specific things altered to reflect on their "life / NPC state".

Given Tunaisafish's Attraction Fix (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=318327) has a version which replaces custom hair attraction with attraction to aliens I'm sure that there is a way for the game to detect that a sim is an alien.
Alchemist
#7515 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
If I made this mod, a player would have to place one controller object on lot and the code would take it from there. The code would think about heat distribution and all that.
Player would only have to place heaters, AC, fireplaces, etc.

But would they have to place more than one? My fear is that, with one controller, you would only have to place one heater for the whole lot, which I wouldn't like so much. Unless the controller had functions for different room settings? Or are you saying the controller could be configured to regulate a set area around whatever object it detects?

Also, if alienism could be detected by a mod, I'd personally want them to be smarter/learn faster than normal sims and live a little longer.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#7516 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:34 PM
I want to see an inhabitable version of Three Lakes (or any of the other vacation destinations). I really like the whole atmosphere which they all have... Maybe even make the locals into townies.

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I would LOVE to see that taken on, especially as shopping sub hoods.

Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Oh, I have thought about doing this so many times, but it's always been too time consuming for me to actually try and do it. And I play with such a heavily modded game that, even if I did make them, they wouldn't be shareable. I'd love it if someone else made them, though! I would especially love to see Takemizu Village as a main 'hood/shopping district as so many playables seem to have links with there. In my head-canon Herb & Coral Oldie still live there, they raised Mary-Sue Pleasant there and both Patricia Wan and Cleo Shikibu were born and raised there before moving to Riverblossom Hills after university. It would be fun to actually be able to play their "home town" as a standard 'hood :-)

Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
Now that there's a new version of the AnyGame Starter, have you tried to have a look at this tutorial?
I could give it a try in the next days, even though since I'm playing vanilla I think it might get harder.

EDIT: Ok, I've managed to make it as main hood just few problems at the beginning to start the AGS, but now it's sorted.
I've removed all the Sims (just to make it safer) and I also converted the Hidden Burrow to COmmunity Lot to see if the bigfoot spawns anyway or if it's going to be a normal lot.
In a while I need to go out, but I'll try to test as much as I can and try to upload it somewhere asap.

Sorry for the self-quote and if took me a while, but I did it Three Lakes as mainhood is available at my tumblr check it out!
Mad Poster
#7517 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:47 PM
Also, if alienism could be detected by a mod, I'd personally want them to be smarter/learn faster than normal sims and live a little longer.

I think it is the alien skintone that gets detected, and make that sim *special*...though just assuming, as I opened tunafish's package and..have NO clue.

Instructor
#7518 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 5:11 PM Last edited by *_Drew~ : 10th Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM.
You have GOT to be kidding me! No kidding. i was just getting ready to make a Three Lakes mainhood just now. WOW! Perfect timing! Thanks a bunch! :lovestruc

EDIT: I'm sure this is fixable, but I wanted to let you know that if you enter the campground lot and try to go home the game won't let you (I've tried both the taxi and walking options).

Did it happen in other lots or jut this one? I'm going to check it right now, thanks for reporting it! And you're very welcome
If you notice any other issue PM me so we don't spam in this topic
EDIT 2: Re-zoning the campground to a community lot fixes it for me. I also replaced the phone booth (I don't think it'd make a difference, but I did it just in case).

Uhm I'm quite sure I've sent my Sims to several Hotels and they seemed to be fine, but I will check all of them to see how it goes! Thank you so much for the fix too :D

EDIT: in my game everything was fine, I've checked the campground and I went home with no issue :/ might it be some community-lot related mod?
Also, I find out you can actually stay at the hotels! I thought it was no possible since that's what written in the tutorial... Anyway, although I was allowed to check in, sleep/use the rooms and the hotel facilities and check out I noticed that the game wouldn't let me save (probabily because you're not supposed to be able to in community lots) and the housekeeper would just stand by the check in desk, without cleaning or repairing anything (but I have to say, I'm not so sure about the way they should work since I rarely send my Sims on holidays).
Lab Assistant
#7519 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 5:59 PM

Maybe Sophie-David's alien token could be used there?
Mad Poster
#7520 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 6:55 PM
A mod to rip a piece of paper from homework/assignment for an airplane.
just a girl
#7521 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:08 PM
But would they have to place more than one? My fear is that, with one controller, you would only have to place one heater for the whole lot, which I wouldn't like so much. Unless the controller had functions for different room settings? Or are you saying the controller could be configured to regulate a set area around whatever object it detects?

Controller could do whatever we want. It's our obedient slave (unlike player ). Well, I should say, almost whatever we want, but still - a lot. I'd put it to work. I picture it as a thermostat maybe. It could have interactions, be breakable and all that.
Top Secret Researcher
#7522 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM
Something so sims would automatically shoo a pet off a counter/bed they want to use instead of stomping, dropping the action, and having to be directed to shoo the pet before they can continue.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7523 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Controller could do whatever we want. It's our obedient slave (unlike player ). Well, I should say, almost whatever we want, but still - a lot. I'd put it to work. I picture it as a thermostat maybe. It could have interactions, be breakable and all that.

The thermostat object is a good idea, don't forget all the Medieval 'Hood type of simmers though...you'd need to ask their opinion as to what could it look like as I have no idea just now, and I do not play medieval style either.

Alchemist
#7524 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:58 PM
Maybe fireplace deco?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#7525 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:01 PM
I think it is the alien skintone that gets detected, and make that sim *special*...though just assuming, as I opened tunafish's package and..have NO clue.

I don't really know, but in the thread on the attraction fixes mod someone did some testing and found that sims needed the green skin AND the black eyes to be detected as 'alien' for attraction purposes.

I'd definitely download a mod that changed up aliens and gave them some abilities. It would be a fun little touch.
Page 301 of 580