Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 5:00 PM
Default Changing constant value in core assembly (or making it tunable)
I was doing some research and I found a very interesting value in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.LotManager I'd like to change:

Code:
public const int kMaxFloorLevel = 5

Sadly, it's not tunable so I was wondering if it's possible to make it tunable or change it somehow WITHOUT doing a core mod just for that one value. Maybe there's a way to override that particular value somehow without a core mod. I've always wondered why nobody ever made a core mod to allow for more than 5 levels and now I'm even more bemused considering it appears to be easy to change.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I was doing some research and I found a very interesting value in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.LotManager I'd like to change:

Code:
public const int kMaxFloorLevel = 5

Sadly, it's not tunable so I was wondering if it's possible to make it tunable or change it somehow WITHOUT doing a core mod just for that one value. Maybe there's a way to override that particular value somehow without a core mod. I've always wondered why nobody ever made a core mod to allow for more than 5 levels and now I'm even more bemused considering it appears to be easy to change.

Ordinarily, you could change such values through scripted event handlers -- just set the value to whatever you wanted on PreLoad or WorldLoadFinished. Because kMaxFloorLevel is declared as a constant, though, it cannot be changed at runtime. This means that there is no way of changing it except through a core mod. Like you said, though, it does not seem like a difficult core mod to make at all, and such a change could easily be merged with existing core mods for more compatibility.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:38 AM
Very interesting- I do wonder if there are other values tied into it as well.

I think asking on NRAAS' forum might be worth it- @igazor they could possible look into integrating a mod for this into the main NRAAS suite.

If you're really desperate, you can technically get a very simple sixth floor by putting down a mansard roof on the fifth floor. This allows you to place a foundation frieze on the fifth (prohibited before), which you can then use CFE to transform into a normal enclosure. Unfortunately you can't draw interior walls, and stairs and roofs above are prohibited, but elevators, ladders, doors, windows, lighting and objects all work perfectly normally otherwise with moveobjects on.

It's useful if you want a sixth floor architectural detail, or rooftop access in a pinch.
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:51 PM
IIRC The only core mod at Nraas is Error Trap. The rest are script mods.
Awesome Mod is a core mod, though...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook