Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:53 PM
Default New computer
My video card is starting to play up again, so I'm thinking that it might be time for a new computer. I will probably get it built but I don't know what are the things I should ask for I will only use it for sims 2 and the internet. So does anyone have suggestions on what video card etc I need to get? I don't really want a card that I have to muck about with graphic rules cause I don't get that at all.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:17 PM
To save you the trouble I ran into in not realizing that this forum existed, there's a whole Computer & Software Technical Support forum in the General Discussion section of MTS... Plenty of people are asking about kind of the same thing you are, so you should be able to find lots of info there!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:26 PM
Ok I moved it but then forgot the redirect from general so sorry! @Fearless Butterfly
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
My video card is starting to play up again, so I'm thinking that it might be time for a new computer. I will probably get it built but I don't know what are the things I should ask for I will only use it for sims 2 and the internet. So does anyone have suggestions on what video card etc I need to get? I don't really want a card that I have to muck about with graphic rules cause I don't get that at all.

The Sims 2 is such an old game that you may have to fiddle with settings/rules regardless of what card you get. If you're only going to use it for Sims 2 and the internet, try getting a used (but perfectly working) gtx 750 ti for about $50. If you don't want to buy used, buy a gtx 1050 for about $150. But it really isn't a good time to be buying new. Graphic cards are super expensive at the moment.