Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#8701 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:58 AM
@Phantomknigh @grinevilly I really wish there had been some actions that would make vampires more powerful and give aliens some special powers. There are some animations in the game that could be used and interactions that could be adjusted, but some talented modder would be needed to put these things together.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8702 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:12 PM
So, what kind of things would you like to see Vampires be able to do? And aliens, as well? The talent is out there... perhaps if we can supply some ideas or some inspiration, somebody might take up the mantle to see it through. Should aliens be able to clean up messes with a disintegration ray? Should they glow in the dark? We all agree they should be "better'. Maybe we could sound out what it means exactly, to be better... post some ideas... get the creative juices flowing, and whatnot. =)

-gE
Forum Resident
#8703 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:32 PM
Mirror actions disabled for Vampires, since they can't see themselves?
Lab Assistant
#8704 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:58 PM
My suggestions for vampires: ability to hypnotize non-vampires for a short time in order to get some personal information about them, seduce them or make them do something.
Suggestions for aliens: ability to use telepathy to read other Sims' minds (and to get this way some information about them, maybe even collect gossips like in simler90's Spy Machine Mod), make them do something. This disintegration ray idea sounds fun!
Mad Poster
#8705 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
I would love to see new social interactions for aliens and vampires. It would be cool if vampires could mesmerize their victims in order to force them to do something (vampire equivalent to influence) or to give them some information (i.e. about interests, desires, fears, skills). Aliens could use telepathy for those interactions. It would be great if Sophie-David's alien token was used to check whether a Sim is an alien, because it let's a player choose who is recognized as an alien. But I can only dream about it.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=254769 - this exists for vampires persuading sims.

What I do (which might or not might help in vanilla setting) is restrict all (except for counterfeiting machine) aspiration rewards to aliens. Speaking of mods, maybe aliens could get those rewards for free. Those gizmos look out of ordinary and just the right ones for someone to blend in with the human civilization at the long run (money trees for financial support, cool shades to quickly find a compromise with the inhabitants of earth).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8706 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Mirror actions disabled for Vampires, since they can't see themselves?

Yeah. Let's not forgot the drawbacks and weaknesses. This makes complete sense.

Mad Poster
#8707 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 10:51 PM
Although, to be fair, vampires do not reflect in mirrors. I was surprised that the game actually reflected vampire lore by doing that..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8708 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:17 PM
Technically, vampires should reflect in mirrors in the Sims. The reason they don't reflect in mirrors in folklore is because the mirrors were generally backed with silver, to which vampires, like werewolves, are Extremely Allergic, but nowadays I believe modern mirrors usually use aluminum.
Alchemist
#8709 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:41 AM
On a related note; while looking up ideas for a military school, I came across someone trying to make a friendly fighting interaction (http://modthesims.info/t/592540).

It'd be cool if vampires and werewolves could "spar" with their own species, still gaining the win/loss memories (or perhaps a modified "Won Spar with X," etc.).

Also, would it be possible for werewolves to be more likely to find things while digging? Or looking for bugs, for that matter?

For vampires, I'd like a mod that prevents them from eating regular food--sort of like the ones where when sims go to make food, they get leftovers instead. Well, instead of getting leftovers, vampires would get some plasma out of the fridge or go find a sim to bite.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#8710 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:14 PM
There is a mod for disabling normal food in exchange for drinking blood. Spar is possible with regular fight interaction.

Mad Poster
#8711 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 5:19 PM
Perhaps aliens could get the "had family reunion" memory if they get abducted. (The abduction memory would always be positive, too.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#8712 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 11:43 PM
Some great ideas for the vamps and the aliens... Funny stuff, on the family reunion abductions. But of each thing I always like to ask "to what end? for what purpose?" What would an alien gain from reading someone's mind? What would you make the benefit of doing that be? Maybe reading someone's mind could help them gain skill points in something their target is very skilled in? Or earn them talent badges? ...enthusiasm? Just throwing stuff out there.

Maybe aliens should have an "Abduct <target sim>" option... where they could summon some other sim to their lot via a glowing green light from the heavens, that dumps the other sim onto the lot, falling out of the sky... Maybe instead of having "woohoo" options, they should have "probe" options. hahahha... Relax in bed... Kiss... Make out... Probe. Probe in hot tub. Public Probing? hahahha...

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8713 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 12:25 AM
I could imagine an alien not liking getting abducted. They were raised in a human family as a human, after all, the aliens are just as alien to them as to other sims! Maybe they are deeply ashamed of their alien heritage...
Mad Poster
#8714 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Some great ideas for the vamps and the aliens... Funny stuff, on the family reunion abductions. But of each thing I always like to ask "to what end? for what purpose?" What would an alien gain from reading someone's mind? What would you make the benefit of doing that be? Maybe reading someone's mind could help them gain skill points in something their target is very skilled in? Or earn them talent badges? ...enthusiasm? Just throwing stuff out there.

Maybe aliens should have an "Abduct <target sim>" option... where they could summon some other sim to their lot via a glowing green light from the heavens, that dumps the other sim onto the lot, falling out of the sky... Maybe instead of having "woohoo" options, they should have "probe" options. hahahha... Relax in bed... Kiss... Make out... Probe. Probe in hot tub. Public Probing? hahahha...

-gE
>=)

Perhaps absorb skills and even badges maybe? Half of the stuff I can do is by providing them that skill vacuum thing.

Mad Poster
#8715 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Perhaps aliens could get the "had family reunion" memory if they get abducted. (The abduction memory would always be positive, too.)

Can aliens get alien pregnant? 'Cause, you know, incest. DX
Mad Poster
#8716 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Sims who have the PT as a parent can't get impregnated by abduction, unless a multi-PT mod's in place.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#8717 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm pretty sure Sims who have the PT as a parent can't get impregnated by abduction, unless a multi-PT mod's in place.

Really? I had never though of that, but it makes sense.
I wonder if their children (grandchildren of the PT) could get impregnated. They are still family.
Top Secret Researcher
#8718 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Really? I had never though of that, but it makes sense.
I wonder if their children (grandchildren of the PT) could get impregnated. They are still family.

I think there are incest allowing mods (probably on adult sites). So maybe with that mod it's still possible.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
#8719 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 11:24 AM
Yeah, I guess so.
Not that I have in mind using it, it's just that I had never thought of alien impregnation as incest.
For me the PT is not a "person" (not even for the game, if I remember correctly it's not a Sim, right?) so it's kinda funny that the game sometimes treates it like one.
Like alien ofspring not being able to have romantic interactions for they are technically siblings, I sometimes forget about them being related and I think "hey, where is the flirt menu?".
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8720 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 12:05 PM
Well, the game is providing an alien 'parent' so the genetics system can come into play. You can avoid the issue altogether if you use a multi-PT mod. If I played with aliens more, I'd make one of those for myself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8721 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:02 PM
Yeah, I guess so.
Not that I have in mind using it, it's just that I had never thought of alien impregnation as incest.
For me the PT is not a "person" (not even for the game, if I remember correctly it's not a Sim, right?) so it's kinda funny that the game sometimes treates it like one.
Like alien ofspring not being able to have romantic interactions for they are technically siblings, I sometimes forget about them being related and I think "hey, where is the flirt menu?".

PT is a universal sim, same as Ideal Plantsim who is the parent used to produce Planstsim toddlers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8722 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:36 PM
Yeah, I guess so.
We're supposed to think of the PT as an individual Sim. The PT shows up in the aliens'family trees and there is PT 9, who apparently moved to Strangetown after impregating his future father in law.
Scholar
#8723 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 9:25 PM
Just wanted to mention I'm not disagreeing at all. Any of you have a lot more of expertise than me and obviously know what you are doing
It's just that TS2 is full of things that I find so amusing. Even after years of playing.
Alchemist
#8724 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 8:42 PM
beds that could also be storage for objects; bottom part of bed.
Forum Resident
#8725 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
beds that could also be storage for objects; bottom part of bed.

I'm not really sure what kind of "storage" you're looking for. I'm guessing it's not for slots. Do you mean like, a bed/dresser combo? Or a bed/toy box? Do you want a hide-a-bed? With inventories, sims dont really have a need for traditional storage. There's really no item that you can put something away into. There's shelves you can put items onto... but that's completely different. i'm a bit confused, i guess.

-gE
>=)
Page 349 of 576