Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6251 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:56 AM
you can ask a sim on a date while you're already in the middle of a casual outing
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6252 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:35 AM
Some specter lot sims acquire the facial features of newly made sims when they appear as ghosts I did see today apparently Hugh Thanasia's genetics are weird and dont apply if he has a child with someone so the baby ends up like the mother? After resurrecting Lerato Muenda the mouse whenever i would click on an object rapid clicked quite often. Also Lerato's face completely changed when she became an elder.

A artist who LOVES the sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#6253 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:14 AM
If you hover over the hobby panel there's quite a detailed description of each hobby. Going to have to take a better look at that sometime soon.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#6254 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MythStar
Some specter lot sims acquire the facial features of newly made sims when they appear as ghosts I did see today apparently Hugh Thanasia's genetics are weird and dont apply if he has a child with someone so the baby ends up like the mother? After resurrecting Lerato Muenda the mouse whenever i would click on an object rapid clicked quite often. Also Lerato's face completely changed when she became an elder.

Are you using the Maxis hoods, or Tarlia's cleaned ones? A lot of the Sims in the Specter graveyard are bugged up, and weird shit happens when they're resurrected.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#6255 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
For all those who play medieval hoods with DR roads and terrain: remember the old saying "You can only have one!"?

I learned tonight that Voeille's Grass replacements are considered to be default replacements for all Maxis roads, and they will override any & all other DR roads or terrains you might have in your game.
So you can have either that or Sunni's (or another) DR road, or Voeille's grass replacements. If you choose the latter, the roads outside the lot will remain paved and the lot road will stay dirt. If you choose a DR road from others the outside the lot roads will be dirt.

Thought I'd pass that information on. It was frustrating to find this out because I like the grass replacements alot.

It's only a texture - open the terrain package in SimPE and delete the road/lot skirt textures and see what you get. The roads are only included because Maxis roads/sidewalks have grass strips that need to match the new terrain. Some of the defaults look like they do away with that so you might be able to have the best of both.
Forum Resident
#6256 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 5:13 AM
Sims can have 3 bolts with each other despite not having anything attracting each other... apparently their personality and aspiration plays a part to.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6257 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 5:10 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Aug 2018 at 7:07 PM.
A witch will walk to a lot instead of flying (which the exact travelling method you chose, but will walk anyway despited commanded) when the game inquires (If you don't call the nanny beforehand) to summon her and have the parent leave the lot or stay on the lot, because no adult is there to supervise the unattended children in the first place. Nevermind, I may be wrong.

Also, you can snooze on a witch throne.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#6258 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 7:16 PM
I figured out how to make 'custom size/shape lots' with LotAdjuster
It only works if there are other houses surrounding it, but it works well enough.
Alchemist
#6259 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I figured out how to make 'custom size/shape lots' with LotAdjuster
It only works if there are other houses surrounding it, but it works well enough.

Tell us about it. What did you find out?
Forum Resident
#6260 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Tell us about it. What did you find out?

Eh, it's not the hardest thing in the world. Just use LotAdjuster to make the lots overlap. Then you can use fences to your advantage to make the shape. It's not brilliant, but it works And it's probably a known method anyway ^^;

Lab Assistant
#6261 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:06 PM
I just discovered a delete button that allows you to remove CC straight from CAS. No more searching through files to remove broken clothes!
Mad Poster
#6262 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:51 PM
1. Children can teach toddlers the nursery rhyme.

2. Cats actually get a lot of fun motive out of the cat tree. I didn't realize this until I tried to have a cat without a cat tree, and it became pretty hard to keep the cat's fun motive up.
#6263 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 8:52 AM
The butler can hire an exterminator...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6264 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
I just discovered a delete button that allows you to remove CC straight from CAS. No more searching through files to remove broken clothes!

Careful, because if you delete Default Replacements like that then you can break things. Also, it won't delete the mesh, so you'll still have to find that.
Mad Poster
#6265 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:51 PM
I love the diagonal easel mod.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6266 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:59 AM
I just for the first time saw what it looks like when an elder with low dance skill dances, thanks to a nanny. Very stereotypical old people dancing - pretty funny! Pretty much all of my sims are at least at dance skill 6 or so by the time they become adults.
Mad Poster
#6267 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:14 AM
@kestrellyn - have you ever seen the 'shy dancing'? I once had the male maid win a dance contest with the shy dancing.

It was quite comical, with all the other contestants dancing properly and the guy just standing there, eyes downcast, awkwardly spinning his hands around.

Mad Poster
#6268 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:57 PM
There was some hand spinning around in this nanny's dancing, but my shy sims dance just like all my other sims do, so I'm not sure I've seen what you're talking about.
Mad Poster
#6269 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:01 PM
Looks like this:

EDIT: Wrong picture! It's funny, so I'm keeping it. But the dancing looks like this:

Mad Poster
#6270 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:04 PM
Yeah, I think that's what the nanny was doing. But I've never seen my shy playables doing it.

Well, maybe what the nanny was doing. Now that I think about it I'm not sure.
Mad Poster
#6271 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:20 PM
When my sims have little or no dancing skill, they usually do the "goofy dance" where they look confused and fall over a lot.
Inventor
#6272 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:23 PM
Same here like RoxEllen1965, I've never had a sim do the shy dance . Most of my sims are pretty shy but they always switch between the normal dance and the goofy dance

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Forum Resident
#6273 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:28 PM
That a vampire sim can "fly here" instead of walking/running/skipping, and turns into a bat in the process. This is my first vampire sim that I've kept a vampire for more than a day or so just for the kicks, so I have never seen it was possible until now. Very cute, though.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#6274 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:07 PM
I had saved just as Jenny Smith was getting out of the shower, so when I opened up my game and started on her household, she glanced down at herself and went "Eh? Oh!" at being 'caught' in the nude and spun into her outfit! I've never had a sim do that before lol

Re: the above - I love shy sims. Their flirt animations are so cute, and sometimes they do really sweet bashful things just randomly <3 I think I've seen the shy dance, but only like, once. I think they do something similar when they dance with another sim?
Forum Resident
#6275 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Looks like this:

EDIT: Wrong picture! It's funny, so I'm keeping it. But the dancing looks like this:

Good heavens, I missed this somehow while scrolling through the thread and now I've spent several minutes crying with laughter, collecting myself, looking back on the screen and starting again. I'm glad you kept the picture :D

I am Error.
Page 251 of 442