Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 2nd May 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
For reals, is there a connection between those things?
I'm a real witch (not to be confused with Wiccan), called (in the trade) a kitchen witch. Never cast a "spell on someone" - a total no-no for true witches,

That's completely untrue, also there is no such thing as a "true witch", witchcraft is something that is tied inherently into humanity and can be performed by anyone. Also there is no forbidding of casting spells on others.

Quote:
never even made a poppet, and don't have any dead animal parts.

These are from two entirely different magical traditions. Poppets are "sympathetic magic" with its origins in the British Isles, and using animal parts is found in traditions such as Santeria, Voudou, and Appalachian Folk magic.

Quote:
What I DO have is a garden full of animals and fairies.

You most certainly do not have Faeries in your garden, nor do you want to. Faeries are not the pretty, gauzy, little things that flit about. That is an image created about 200 years ago, stemming specifically from the Victorian Romantic period. Have you done any research on The Fae? They're terrifying creatures, who do not care for humans, and would love to trick, kill, kidnap, or steal from us. They originate in the Irish folklore, and are called "Fair Folk" or "Aes S�*dhe", only to appease them and keep them away. Parents back in the day were genuinely terrified their babies would be taken by the Fae and replaced with Changelings. In many places in the UK, roads are STILL not built through Faerie Circles due to superstition. My grandma, born in Canada to Irish immigrants, taught me from a young age to never walk through a Faerie Circle, and to turn my jacket inside out to confuse the Faeries.

http://www.medbherenn.com/faerie-lore.html

Please, for you own sake, do your research before calling yourself a "true witch" with "a garden of fairies" and messing with those aspects of spirituality. Faeries look and act far more like the thing from "Stranger Things" than Tinkerbell from "Peter Pan".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:36 AM Last edited by grammapat : 2nd May 2018 at 5:51 AM.
Endless Galaxy: "do your research" !!! I disagree with your assessment of...everything. Research would show YOU that the definitions of the words I used is NOT cast in stone. Historically, etc, you are correct. But your "correctness" is not all-inclusive. Other research (and experience) would show you that nature spirits are called many things, and thought of in differant ways. I do not picture them as tiny winged humans, nor do I see them as particularly concerned with humans. And that is just ONE on the things you thought to "correct". The whole idea of witches, magic, spirit, is very complex.
I honor you enough to not call you names; honor MY spirit enough not to criticize me. Namaste
PS: this sort of reminds me of Christians who argue among themselves about what it means to "be" Christians and who should/should not call themselves Christians.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 3rd May 2018 at 6:48 AM
Oh my goodness... why would you be upset at being criticized? I mean, a few years ago that would have upset me, but after having quite a few run-ins with a leafy-on-crack type and an Onision/Keemstar type stalker who used to criticize me rather harshly, I'm not going to worry that much about criticism. Honestly... life is too short to get upset over stuff like this.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:14 AM
I read astrological natal charts and am pretty decent at it,however I abstain from confessing this to anyone in real life,because people keep on badgering me to do and interpret a chart of theirs. It's not as simple as It seems ,really,well at least for me.hahaha
Mad Poster
#80 Old 3rd May 2018 at 8:05 AM
I sometimes will read numerous zodiac charts for various people, mostly for the shits and giggles of it.

For example, Dana Carvey and Bill Nye were born in the year of the Ram. Dana is a Gemini and Bill is a Sagittarius.

The reason I said "for the shits and giggles of it" is because there is little to no scientific evidence related to the readings. Like cats and dogs with breed standards, people will have deviations from the standards set for their star signs.

But still, I work on psychology in my spare time, given I spend a fair amount of time being analyzed for my benefit. However, I don't think I would take up psychology for a living.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#81 Old 3rd May 2018 at 8:13 AM
Faith and placebo effect go hand in hand with each other.For me,chart readings were eye-opening discovery ,for some it may not be
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#82 Old 4th May 2018 at 3:04 AM
Sometimes I wonder if John Lennon's soul jumped to me while I was in utero... he died just a month before I was born. Then again... he had more talent with music than I ever did. My birthday is the anniversary of a school shooting that inspired the song "I Don't Like Mondays" and just before I think... my sixth birthday? the Challenger exploded. So sometimes I think I'm a walking curse.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 5th May 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Sometimes I wonder if John Lennon's soul jumped to me while I was in utero... he died just a month before I was born. Then again... he had more talent with music than I ever did. My birthday is the anniversary of a school shooting that inspired the song "I Don't Like Mondays" and just before I think... my sixth birthday? the Challenger exploded. So sometimes I think I'm a walking curse.

Don't talk about John in my presence,because you're putting your life at risk.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:39 PM
You're a Lennon fan?

In a way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#86 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:50 AM
I like his singing, but he was a big jerk to Yoko and Julian. He actually beat Yoko and cheated on her... maybe his aspiration would've been Romance. Still sucks though that he was killed.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 13th May 2018 at 11:35 AM Last edited by blyneliaivel : 13th May 2018 at 6:48 PM.
I like his singing, but he was a big jerk to Yoko and Julian. He actually beat Yoko and cheated on her... maybe his aspiration would've been Romance. Still sucks though that he was killed.

Don't get me started with Yoko. There's something ineffably unnerving about her ,that nonchalant gaze and seemingly reserved attitude which doesn't resonate with what she did with her life and peeps that surrounded her . Even when she looks at her own child in the older photos,it doesn't speak love at all. On the other hand,I can't blame her for being the way she was.That lassie had a terrible upbringing,been in a loon house once or mebbies god knows how many times...What's for sure,that woman wasn't in her right mind to begin with,though that's the only one quality of hers that I actually am fascinated with.Let's face it,not many would have the guts to "perform" such "art" like THIS out in the public .
As for John,I couldn't agree more,he was a jerk ,but he never hid It at all. He even stated in one of his interviews that you got to be the biggest bastard of them all to become this successful.He was real brute and at the same time very vulnerable as a person.
Scholar
#88 Old 13th May 2018 at 4:27 PM
i regularly dream about being a good housewife even though i'm a male.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel
Don't get me started with Yoko. There's something ineffably unnerving about her ,that nonchalant gaze and seemingly reserved attitude which doesn't resonate with what she did with her life and peeps that surrounded her . Even when she looks at her own child in the older photos,it doesn't speak love at all. On the other hand,I can't blame her for being the way she was.That lassie had a terrible upbringing,been in a loon house once or mebbies god knows how many times...What's for sure,that woman wasn't in her right mind to begin with,though that's the only one quality of hers that I actually am fascinated with.Let's face it,not many would have the guts to "perform" such "art" like THIS out in the public .
As for John,I couldn't agree more,he was a jerk ,but he never hid It at all. He even stated in one of his interviews that you got to be the biggest bastard of them all to become this successful.He was real brute and at the same time very vulnerable as a person.

That piece that Yoko is performing could be used in a creepy doll anime soundtrack. And there are some tracks where her singing is actually mediocre.
Test Subject
#90 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:48 PM
Trying to multitask. I just look like a moron. I will be working on schoolwork (like readings, discussions, watching videos, taking quizzes - ALL AT THE SAME TIME), eating, playing a game on my phone, playing The Sims, and then watching more Sims LPs on YouTube. Wow. It is so hard....lol.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:12 AM
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 21st May 2018 at 12:54 AM
Saying things like スネークル�*ング or ホットドッグ randomly, admist conversation.

People usuallys get confused, but i find it funny to say.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:11 PM
Field Researcher
#94 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:20 PM
I process my own acorns, mix with dried blackberries, and fresh pecans for the worlds greatest trail mix. I make pemmican for the winter. Yesterday I harvested some spring greens, and will be harvesting bamboo shoots for dinner tomorrow. I'll be making my own butter this weekend.

Not many people do this any more.
Space Pony
#95 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:40 AM
I talk to my SUV and I named him Arwing. When I was cleaning dirt from him yesterday I said; "Don't say I never do anything for you." I think I'm nuts.

Dag-Dag
Space Pony
#96 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guzma
I do witchcraft, competitive Pokemon playing, and I collect animal skulls and wish to go into taxidermy at one point soon.

I have the ability to activate karmic voodoo. I try so hard not to wish harm on people for that reason. I can also summon spirits by just calling them with my mind.

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#97 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 17th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM.
Actually, this is a normal thing between me and my father.

I will be talking about a story from my experience in gaming and then my father will shout "...and then the aliens attacked"

It came from a Cartoon Network short in the early days from a show called "World Premiere Toons: the Show", later renamed "The What A Cartoon Show" which a number of shorts were pilots for Cartoon Network's original programming like Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo. In fact Family Guy's Seth MacFarlane had a pilot called Larry and Steve with the characters in the respective roles of Peter and Brian.

The short referenced by my father is simply titled "Gramps" and it's about a grandfather's tall tales deconstructed with the facts that his smartass grandchildren knew that he was a young Nebraskan farmer in Dust Bowl era (early 1930s) and he claimed he stopped an alien invasion.

Too bad my father wasn't prepared for Ridley from Metroid. He shouted the line as I saw the introduction video for Ridley in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. I told him "You are correct, sir" in the jerkiest impersonation of the late Ed McMahon.

My father taught me tons of comedic bits and encouraged my vocal mimicry. It started when I was old enough to talk coherently. He and I did this bit where he said "How about them Yankees?" and on cue, I would say "How about those Mets?" (New Jersey doesn't have an MLB team).

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#98 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:38 PM
i twerk or do lapancing when i'm alone.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#99 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i twerk or do lapancing when i'm alone.

Mark Twain DID say in his famous quote "Dance like no one's watching" and you took it to an Nth degree.

But I must commend the audacity you must have.

I don't even have a full-length mirror in my house.

Mad Poster
#100 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OrennaKhali
Saying things like スネークル�*ング or ホットドッグ randomly, admist conversation.

People usuallys get confused, but i find it funny to say.

My boyfriend and I have started speaking what I like to call "Weeblish" where we will randomly use Japanese words now that I've got him to watch two animes.

Sometimes they're just stupid puns. For example:
Coworker: what's for lunch?
Boyfriend: We have some Ga....Ma...N ("Gotta stay calm" a line from KHR). But if you want I can put a Hammon (the superpower in the early arcs of JJBA)

Other times they do actually make sense. Also randomly adding -san, -kun, etc to people's names to confuse them.

Kinda mocking Weeaboo's to the point where it's not mocking anymore and we've just become them.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 4 of 6