Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:29 AM
I did find something! During the current building contest, I downloaded some bunk beds, but could not get them to show up in the game, so I never used them. Surely, last night when I had to buy a new bed for a sim (toddler grew up) - there were all the bunk beds in the catalog! I never removed them, thinking that I would try to shorten the file names later, but actually forgot all about them until I saw them in the buy catalog. (Of course I don't know if the update is responsible, but it sure looks that way to me).

Your megahood and your downloads folder should not be altered in any way at all - I kept all my hoods in the game for this (I made backups in case, but my hoods are all exactly the same as they were before) @bkwrm112. So don't remove your megahood, just keep a backup for in case something does not work out.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:39 AM
This is good information to know, because unless I find a way to downgrade I'm gonna be stuck with a Windows 10 desktop. But does anybody else right-click the UC icon and hit 'open', or is it just me? That's how I've been doing it since I got UC to bypass the Origin launcher because it always had to update whenever I wanted to play.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:17 AM
I can open it by double clicking or by right click the icon, in which case it gives me a menu to open it - the game launches both ways.
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I did find something! During the current building contest, I downloaded some bunk beds, but could not get them to show up in the game, so I never used them. Surely, last night when I had to buy a new bed for a sim (toddler grew up) - there were all the bunk beds in the catalog! I never removed them, thinking that I would try to shorten the file names later, but actually forgot all about them until I saw them in the buy catalog. (Of course I don't know if the update is responsible, but it sure looks that way to me).

Your megahood and your downloads folder should not be altered in any way at all - I kept all my hoods in the game for this (I made backups in case, but my hoods are all exactly the same as they were before) @bkwrm112. So don't remove your megahood, just keep a backup for in case something does not work out.

Awesome! Thanks so much! :D
Scholar
#30 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 4:55 PM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually don't mind Origin running in the background. Am I just spoiled with nice computers?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:20 PM
More like nice internet. Had a storm where I lived and I realized with no internet I couldn't open the sims 2. I could open origin but sims 2 was grayed out. And i've heard other simmers have issues with their game with shoddy internet that got fixed upon making it so origin & the internet wasn't required to play. Origin wouldn't bother me, it's the needing the internet and good solid connection that's the problem.

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:23 PM
My computer and internet are just fine. I just don't want unnecessary programs running in the background.
Scholar
#33 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually don't mind Origin running in the background. Am I just spoiled with nice computers?

No, I just don't like Origin in general.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj

Oh, it is a personal choice for me. I like to keep my game open while working (it is my business, so I can do that ) - but work is the first priority and I prefer to do it without origin running.
Scholar
#35 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 11:09 PM
I dislike Origin running in the background of a game where all it is doing is slowing down the experience. My computer slows down quite a bit with Origin (it's not exactly a spring chicken), so although I will accept it for games that provide no option, I prefer running Sims 2 without it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 11:12 PM
Can it be shut off via task manager once the game is loaded?

I also shut off steam that way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2