Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 1:00 AM Last edited by RoryAusten22 : 18th Feb 2019 at 10:27 PM.
Default Mod to make all content available when building community lots {Solution, but no Mod}
I would love to make all of the objects and CC I have be available when I go to build community lots. Is there a hack to make all my stuff buyable when furnishing and decorating my stores? Sorry if this is obvious, but my Google skills are weak.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 1:42 AM
If it's unavailable on community lots just change the zoning to residential. "changeLotZoning residential' save, exit to the hood and reload the lot. Place the items. Change the zoning back, "changeLotZoning community", save, exit to hood view and reload the lot. Don't do this to an owned community lot or on a residential lot with sims living on the lot. Most owned community lots will show the items if you click on the for sale tool wholesale toggle anyway. Cars though will disappear if you change zoning back and forth.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If it's unavailable on community lots just change the zoning to residential. "changeLotZoning residential' save, exit to the hood and reload the lot. Place the items. Change the zoning back, "changeLotZoning community", save, exit to hood view and reload the lot. Don't do this to an owned community lot or on a residential lot with sims living on the lot. Most owned community lots will show the items if you click on the for sale tool wholesale toggle anyway. Cars though will disappear if you change zoning back and forth.

I knew about this work around but it takes me forever to load my game and many of my lots are owned. The wholesale toggle doesn't show everything on all lots. That's why I'm looking for another solution.
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
I knew about this work around but it takes me forever to load my game and many of my lots are owned. The wholesale toggle doesn't show everything on all lots. That's why I'm looking for another solution.

I don't know how to make everything available, but it's not difficult to use SimPE to make objects available... one by one.
Alchemist
#5 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 10:20 PM
the catalogs any object appears in; that is controlled through the object's Object Data (OBJD) resource.
some site had a SimPE plugin to help edit the catalogs; I do not remember where. would be the "OBJD Tool" inside the program.
Alchemist
#6 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
the catalogs any object appears in; that is controlled through the object's Object Data (OBJD) resource.
some site had a SimPE plugin to help edit the catalogs; I do not remember where. would be the "OBJD Tool" inside the program.

Here's how. https://modthesims.info/showthread....783#post5496783

@RoryAusten22, I've been thinking about this issue and had an idea, but almost all of my content is already available in both residential and community lots. Can you give me a few examples of things you have that aren't, so I can try something? In the meantime, the instructions for changing individual items is above.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Here's how. https://modthesims.info/showthread....783#post5496783

@RoryAusten22, I've been thinking about this issue and had an idea, but almost all of my content is already available in both residential and community lots. Can you give me a few examples of things you have that aren't, so I can try something? In the meantime, the instructions for changing individual items is above.

Thanks for your help. What I'm trying to do is create an antiques store. I've collected a lot of cc for it, but it doesn't show up for community lots. I'm writing down which items I need then I will edit each of them in Sim PE. I do wish though that there were a way to have my total catalog available to me when building, not matter the category. I've decided to create a collection folder called Antique Store and making the folder available for both types of lots when I create it. I want to see if the entire contents of the folder will be available to me when I go in to work on the store.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 10:26 PM
For anyone else who wishes to change items so that they appear in community sort, I used these instructions: http://modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-95838.html Thanks for all the help.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 8:00 PM
Another possible solution is to use collection folders. I *think* if you place an object in a collection it will be available on community lots. Keep in mind that there are either residential or community collection folders. If you use jfade's collection creator it lets you create one collection folder available on both types of lots, but this is Pets EP and up I think. If you already have a collection file for these items, you can edit it to change the lotcollection type. COLLwiki
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 20th Feb 2019 at 10:15 PM.
I create Collections all the time, in game and without the need of any creator. Just tick both boxes, Res and Com.
I would have suggest it, but i was not sure enough, that making the collection available on community lots was making the items inside, also available regardless of if they were initially.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 10:03 PM
Things don't always show up even after doing that though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~