Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:26 PM
CC/Mods locked behind a paywall and Patreon
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_16175450

Good morning folks! So I've been alerted to this thread by the mods and wanted to provide some insight here on two points of discussion: CC/Mods locked behind a paywall and Patreon.
CC/Mods Locked Behind Paywalls - Creators cannot lock content they make using our game behind a paywall. While we do not police this content (there is no way we would create a team simply to monitor this) we do take reports sent to us seriously and action accordingly.
Patreon - We understand that folks who make CC / Mods for others to enjoy are doing it in their free time and may desire to offset costs to create the content by using this service. As long as the content is still made available FOR FREE we do not mind these types of pages. Folks who have a Patreon page are welcome to provide folks with "early access" incentives for their content but it should be made available to the general public within 2-3 weeks of it being given to folks early.

I hope that this provides you with some clarity and please reach out should you have any questions.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 9:13 AM Last edited by ZenGarden : 20th Mar 2018 at 10:24 AM.
Remember! Sharing content that is pay to use, for free is not stealing!
dodgy builder
#3 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 9:16 AM
Thanks for the reminder to never make 3d content for sims
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Remember! Sharing content that is pay to use, for free is not stealing!

It's still better to report to EA and let them deal, and have the paywall taken down. There is *some* moral copyright aspect if there is original artwork or mesh included, so it's better to have the creator know the situation and still include their original work than take it behind their back.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Thanks for the reminder to never make 3d content for sims

You’d be better off just getting a job doing literally anything else ,than creating anything for the sims and putting it on Patreon/paid sites.

All the stress and the drama of defending yourself and your premium pixels sounds like it’d be more trouble than it’s worth.

FOR THE HORDE
dodgy builder
#6 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
You�d be better off just getting a job doing literally anything else ,than creating anything for the sims and putting it on Patreon/paid sites.

All the stress and the drama of defending yourself and your premium pixels sounds like it�d be more trouble than it�s worth.

That's just so ignorant, I'm not going to comment on such a lack of empathy.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:55 AM
I clicked disagree, because you did comment on it :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
That's just so ignorant, I'm not going to comment on such a lack of empathy.

"Remind" you to not make CC for the sims because you wont be able to keep it locked behind a paywall forever. Okay. I am indeed lacking in empathy for your situation.

FOR THE HORDE