Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#5751 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:20 AM
Advertisement
Scholar
#5752 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:50 AM
The pre-mades actually have something written in their Bio tab. I can't believe I've been playing all these years and never realized that - I guess I just assumed it was a blank tab.
Mad Poster
#5753 Old 7th May 2018 at 1:20 PM
Ugh...Today I discovered that the *adoption pool* does not exist...Not really anyway. Not in a way that you can replace adoptees by your own, given you wanted to make all your Townies.
First, it seems to be per 'Hood, and there is no use in putting infant for adoption, unless you are playing your own 'Hood.
I switched my N001 Program files with a custom one I made. I get all the Townies I made in there...but if my sim adopts a baby, the game will still create it.
There is no adoption pool in my current 'Hood. There will be, when or if a kid from that current 'Hood is being removed by the social worker.
So the seven infants I made and sent for adoption in my template N001 which is now in Program files, will never be use in my current 'Hood!
I must redo what I did, but in my current 'Hood...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#5754 Old 7th May 2018 at 10:14 PM
about adoption pool, the household gets created when a Child (or younger) is taken by a Social Worker. have not yet tried, but Sim Blender's option to place a character for adoption might also create the household.
its family instance is 7ffd.
Mad Poster
#5755 Old 7th May 2018 at 10:21 PM
Yes. You can either wait for the child to be taken away, or use the sim blender. I went with the latter.
Now it should work as planned, in my 'Hood.

Mad Poster
#5756 Old 8th May 2018 at 10:42 AM
I found out that you do not need to be outside of the house to fill in a ceiling-you can fill it in while inside, and it will fill automatically- that goes for those houses with gambrels too!
All this time I did the ceiling fill in while outside. This saves me a lot of time..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#5757 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:04 AM
Huh? "Fill in" a ceiling? o.O
Mad Poster
#5758 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:11 AM
What I meant was that I cannot stand to have a house without a proper ceiling filled in when the option is turned on. Houses with gambrels have open space, and I can't stand to look at empty sky when inside a house with the ceiling option on. It looks weird.
I used to go outside in build mode to fill in ceilings properly.
A house does not (to my thinking) look finished without one. I don't have to do that any more..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5759 Old 8th May 2018 at 1:10 PM
I always use that angled view button? when I cover up my ceilings. from inside and from within each room.

Lab Assistant
#5760 Old 8th May 2018 at 6:08 PM
I was doing some experiments with the StretchSkeleton cheat and I came to the conclusion that 0.3 in skeleton size is 5 humans centimeters (assuming a skeleton 1 sim is 175). I took some screenshots to check how the skeletons compare and - aside from a possible accidental piece of artwork - I'd say skeletons below 0.95 start looking odd, with the tendons starting to sink inside the feet.
Screenshots

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Scholar
#5761 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:05 AM
ConsoC: I just have ta ask: When/how do you use that cheat? Is it in Bodyshop directly or after the sim is created. I had thinking about using that cheat but do not know how.
Mad Poster
#5762 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:17 AM
You use the stretchskeleton cheat in the game just like you would any other cheat. I fooled around with it years ago in one of my old Testing Towns - here's an ancient screenshot. I set the woman to whatever the maximum is and her husband to the minimum setting (he's barely visible on the left in front of the newspaper kid). I don't know if it's big enough to see, but they're playing kicky-bag.
Screenshots
Scholar
#5763 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:22 AM
Funny! Ok, thank you RoxEllen, helpful
Top Secret Researcher
#5764 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:46 PM
Is there a way to keep it from resetting after a certain amount of time? I tried using that years ago to make a Sim shorter, but every time I looked away he'd spring up again.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5765 Old 9th May 2018 at 1:08 PM
Field Researcher
#5766 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can make it permanent like this:

https://modthesims.info/t/132248

All right, @simsample, I have two things to tell you.

WHAT IS IT WITH YOUR PROFILE PICTURE? Is it a gif?!? Because I swear, it is the fourth time your sim has winked at me but only ONCE! I am not crazy, am I?!? *insert "worry" animation here*

And also, thank you, thank you, thank you for that. I know animations will look extremely weird with different heights, but that is the most interesting thing I have discovered so far!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5767 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:53 PM
@Annorah

No, the blinking is just your imagination. Really!

Glad you like the tutorial- it's been there for a long time but took me years to notice! It makes for some nice variation though- I like that I can make some of my characters short, and some really tall.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5768 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:19 PM
There's an interaction on the Danglemaster for adults called "Play With Dangle Toys". I clicked on it and...awww.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Link Ninja
#5769 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:50 PM
Meditating in front of the Far East rock garden object will cause a sim to gradually disappear and then teleport to another area around the rock garden. They do it a few times before standing up and quitting the action.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#5770 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:12 PM
Regarding the StretchSkeleton cheat, I didn't expect to receive a overwhelming amount of "helpful" comments. I added some information to the original picture-namely height in centimeters and amount of strecth the skeleton had - I hope it will be useful.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#5771 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:39 PM
It will be even MORE helpful then! Thank you (I stole your picture)

Field Researcher
#5772 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:32 PM
I discovered that TS2 Pets have amazing music!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlz...E01DC5DCDC9393B
Top Secret Researcher
#5773 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:33 PM
It serves for stealing it It just screams: "Steal ME, STEAL meeee..."

Tbh, I never played with diferent heighted sims, but now I will for sure!
Lab Assistant
#5774 Old 9th May 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It will be even MORE helpful then! Thank you (I stole your picture)

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
It serves for stealing it It just screams: "Steal ME, STEAL meeee..."

Tbh, I never played with diferent heighted sims, but now I will for sure!

Hey, glad I could help!
Now for a fun fact - the original picture was supposed to include a sim high 155 centimeters (aka a 0.88 skeleton) but I decided to scrap it because as you can see in the picture itself tendons "sank" in the feet way too much. If you want to make a sim so short be my guest, but the mileage really may vary on this one.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#5775 Old 9th May 2018 at 9:51 PM
about stretchskeleton, my understanding is that it works in Live Mode and on the selected sim.
Page 231 of 445