Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5776 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConsoC
If you want to make a sim so short be my guest, but the mileage really may vary on this one.

It's funny to watch sims of different heights hug each other, or to have a tall sim walk down a spiral staircase.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5777 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConsoC
Regarding the StretchSkeleton cheat, I didn't expect to receive a overwhelming amount of "helpful" comments. I added some information to the original picture-namely height in centimeters and amount of strecth the skeleton had - I hope it will be useful.

Which height is the Maxis height?
Mad Poster
#5778 Old 10th May 2018 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Which height is the Maxis height?

It would be the one marked 1(175)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#5779 Old 10th May 2018 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
Motorbikes? I never seen them in TS2.

honda http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=114606
chopper http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=114315
Harley http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=114319

There are more by the same creator.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#5780 Old 10th May 2018 at 10:50 PM
I downloaded the Elsewhere , thanks to those who created it and adapted it like business district (http://www.modthesims.info/d/562124). It is interesting to observe about its texture of the earth. The default texture is "concrete". I wanted to change it on the texture of grass. I changed it, and the town turned out so.

It looks as texture of the grass is superimposed on the texture of the concrete.

But on the lot it looks like this.

Screenshots
Alchemist
#5781 Old 11th May 2018 at 12:03 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...389#post5387389
might relate to "SimpleTerrain". in "Graphics Rules" files, change the lines that contain that; from "true" to "false".
or could add a line in cheat file (userStartup.cheat); Config folder in My Documents directory. "boolprop simpleterrain false".

a discovery of mine own::
animal control officer does not appear in phone list. happened both with and without custom content.
Field Researcher
#5782 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
a discovery of mine own::
animal control officer does not appear in phone list. happened both with and without custom content.

I'm not sure if you should be able to call them like that. Afaik they only appear if you adopt or adopt away an animal.
Theorist
#5783 Old 11th May 2018 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
The default texture is "concrete". I wanted to change it on the texture of grass. I changed it, and the town turned out so. (...) But on the lot it looks like this.
Before you do anything, try entering the cheat, moving a tree in neighborhood view (just a little will be fine), load a lot, move something in buy mode, save, and exit the game. If the problem persists, there are ways to fix this via SimPE, but I believe the simplest approach would be to download Lot Adjuster. Edit a single lot, and on the right hand side, just select "Override base terrain paint" and "Keep current lot elevation." If this does solve your problem for that lot, try applying the fix to all the lots, or at least all the lots you'll visit/play frequently. I'm not very familiar with the cheat's behavior, so I can't tell if your problem (both neighborhood-wise and lot-wise) is indeed a problem, or a cheat's feature.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
might relate to "SimpleTerrain". in "Graphics Rules" files, change the lines that contain that; from "true" to "false".
I think this is a different issue. If simpleTerrain is set to true, the water would be bucket-fill blue, and the terrain would look bright green.
Field Researcher
#5784 Old 11th May 2018 at 6:08 PM Last edited by Liza : 11th May 2018 at 6:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Before you do anything, try entering the cheat, moving a tree in neighborhood view (just a little will be fine), load a lot, move something in buy mode, save, and exit the game. If the problem persists, there are ways to fix this via SimPE, but I believe the simplest approach would be to download Lot Adjuster. Edit a single lot, and on the right hand side, just select "Override base terrain paint" and "Keep current lot elevation." If this does solve your problem for that lot, try applying the fix to all the lots, or at least all the lots you'll visit/play frequently. I'm not very familiar with the cheat's behavior, so I can't tell if your problem (both neighborhood-wise and lot-wise) is indeed a problem, or a cheat's feature.

I think this is a different issue. If simpleTerrain is set to true, the water would be bucket-fill blue, and the terrain would look bright green.

Thank you very much for your advices, @DJ. and @mdsb759. I just decided to share the result of using the code. I used this code for the first time. In the rest of the hoods I have everything in order with the texture of the grass. It seems to me, when I went back to the town, saved, the texture of the grass became the same as in other hoods.
Lab Assistant
#5785 Old 11th May 2018 at 7:26 PM
I (re)discovered that I love livesimming. Love it, love it, love it. 💙💚💛💜

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Scholar
#5786 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:10 PM
I did try out an other mod today. It was the "Dance positioner" and I did place it in one of my nightclubs downtown. Later I did come back whit a sim who just was in a middle of a date and I let them try the mod out. Worked fine but the only dance that the sims wanted to do seemed to be the "Smuffle" . Anyway, more and more sims joined the dancefloor and it was fun to see because before they all use to stand around an talk instead.

So I told my sim to stop dancing and he did. The others did go on for some time but suddenly the all stoped at the same time. "Think bubbles" popped up and it was all the same one "I need to take a shower"!! Minutes later a bigger group of them walked out the door and left the lot. And I was like: "OK, I think the party may be over now..."

That was fun to see. But I give you a question: Is the only dance avalible whit the mod the smuffle or did I do anything wrong? I did try to change to "normal" dance but I could not.
Test Subject
#5787 Old 12th May 2018 at 6:40 AM Last edited by SayLegendary : 12th May 2018 at 7:13 AM.
If you have curved windows, dogs can put their front paws on a windowsill and look outside.
Instructor
#5788 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:37 PM
Don't know if this was said already, but I didn't know sims that's were sloppy relieved their bladders while taking a shower lol
Inventor
#5789 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:47 AM
I discovered that the stars can be reflected off of pool water, and I'm pretty sure I saw a couple shooting stars :0. I now have my graphics setting on high so I never noticed this in all my years of playing on low settings.
Scholar
#5790 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:49 AM
The Lamp Genie does the same 'disgusted' action a regular Sim does when a baby has its diaper changed.
Mad Poster
#5791 Old 14th May 2018 at 2:41 AM
Now I am thinking about Playtex and their Diaper Genie. And I never ever bought that...

Lab Assistant
#5792 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:34 AM
I discovered so many amazing stuff after being out for 5 months! My first year of college was sooo hectic that I couldn't find the time to play this game. But now that I'm done with finals, I can finally relax and play!
Field Researcher
#5793 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SayLegendary
If you have curved windows, dogs can put their front paws on a windowsill and look outside.

I need a picture of this more than I need to pass my next final. I DEMAND MY CUTE PICTURE!
Mad Poster
#5794 Old 14th May 2018 at 4:28 PM
Preg sim; message pops up that the pregnancy isn't going well and she should call the hospital..found "hospital" under emergency, but when called nothing happened. I have ACR, which asked how many babies you want (when labor starts). But not NOW! She pops out triplets. Closed without saving. Took out what I thought could be the offending download (one of the "more difficult pregnancy" mods). Mom goes into labor, has baby of wrong sex, I quit without saving. Re-enter house, where mom should be delivering baby again, but baby is on family list, but can't find..obviously hiding in mom's big belly. Mom can walk normally, but baby starving. Was interested to see if Social Service would show up and somehow take the baby. But put baby up for adoption (bat box), then mom could adopt.
In other houses, still get the "call hospital" option but nothing happens if I call. ACR choices now appearing. Some birth CC must still be active...can't find.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5795 Old 14th May 2018 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 14th May 2018 at 5:33 PM.
You were looking for a miscarriage mod lately..could it be that? A message that a pregnancy is not going well, only exists in miscarriage mods IMO.

Scholar
#5796 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Preg sim; message pops up that the pregnancy isn't going well and she should call the hospital..found "hospital" under emergency, but when called nothing happened. I have ACR, which asked how many babies you want (when labor starts). But not NOW! She pops out triplets. Closed without saving. Took out what I thought could be the offending download (one of the "more difficult pregnancy" mods). Mom goes into labor, has baby of wrong sex, I quit without saving. Re-enter house, where mom should be delivering baby again, but baby is on family list, but can't find..obviously hiding in mom's big belly. Mom can walk normally, but baby starving. Was interested to see if Social Service would show up and somehow take the baby. But put baby up for adoption (bat box), then mom could adopt.
In other houses, still get the "call hospital" option but nothing happens if I call. ACR choices now appearing. Some birth CC must still be active...can't find.

Sounds like half a miscarriage mod got installed, or a mod that expects to find a miscarriage mod (that may or may not itself have anything directly to do with miscarriages)?

For myself, I discovered that wimples on a child don't make much sense in a family full of spiky, short hairdos. Thankfully, there was a mirror so I could give the child a hairstyle it would plausibly have in such a household.
Mad Poster
#5797 Old 14th May 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
I need a picture of this more than I need to pass my next final. I DEMAND MY CUTE PICTURE!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#5798 Old 14th May 2018 at 9:09 PM
The only item in the empty room on the Specter lot (the room many consider to have been a dungeon for Olive's victims) is the "Prisoner of Azkalamp." Really makes you think...
Field Researcher
#5799 Old 14th May 2018 at 10:09 PM
Aaaaw, that is so adorable! :lovestruc
Thank you for that, @gummilutt! I have just made a squeal-like sound I did not know humans could emit.

Now I can finally study in peace.
Mad Poster
#5800 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:38 AM
High fishing skill + high cooking skill and cuisine enthusiasm = easy 500 simoleons per visit to Sue's (Secret) Kitchen.
Page 232 of 442