Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 11:59 PM
Default Moving out but still family
Okay so I have a Sim Onwei who is a young adult and needs her own place. I purchased an additional property and have her staying over there. But I'm wondering if there might not be better options so that she has her own family funds.
So I'm wondering if it would be feasible/suggested to move her out, have her added back as a roommate, then make selectable. Would she still be able to use her apartment? Would she have her own family funds? Are there other options I'm not considering? She also has a younger sister who I want to do the same with. I'd like them to have their own money but I'd also like them to be able to use the fridges in their homes. Which stopped working today for onwei. She can only get snacks out, not cook anything. I want to keep playing them without having to switch back and forth between families since I figure that will cause some problems. And as to the fact that she's in this rental home... It's causing a few issues. She can't claim her bed for one, and as previously mentioned can't use the fridges correctly. Thoughts?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 12:03 AM
I'm also worried what would have happen if she went on vacation... Can she go on vacation of she's just a roommate??? Lots of stuff to consider.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 4:57 PM
I believe if you move her out and make her a roommate, she will go to the main lot, not to the separate apartment. Additional property isn't made to spread out your family and if there's a mod for that, I haven't heard of it. That's why you can only claim beds at the main lot. Not sure what went wrong with your fridges though.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff