Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 5:23 PM
Default The Prison Challenge
Story: Well, it's finally happened. Grandpa had written in his will about passing on his businesses to his children and grandchildren, and after the funeral, everyone was given their new responsibilities. Ms. Nancy was given the bread shop, Jackson was tasked with the farms, and I... well I was given the prison.

You heard that right, my grandfather, a man of many trades, handed over the paperwork for me to become the warden of the Oasis Springs State Penitentiary. I was just as shocked as you are now, how easy it was. But I knew it was coming, so I will walk in my grandpa's footsteps and lead this prison just as he did.

Goal: The ultimate goal here is to rehabilitate 10 Sims.

Setup: Before starting the challenge, a few things need to be set up.

CaS - In create-a-sim, each Sim has some specifications to follow.

• the warden can have hand-selected traits, but one should be negative, such as erratic or kleptomaniac.
  • the warden is the only Sim that can have an aspiration that involves leaving the home lot.
  • the prison must be co-ed, or with both genders present. There should be the same amount of both men and women and they are never to interact on a physical level at any time during their stretch in the prison.
  • if you choose to create your first inmates at the beginning of this challenge, all prisoners must have randomized traits.

Build/Buy - You will need a prison, of course. In this prison, you will need a collection of rooms, all of which are found just below:

• warden quarters, a place where the warden lives.
  • enough cells to fit the amount of inmates
    • in the cells there should be a bed, toilet, sink, and desk.
  • a courtyard for everyday exercise and leisure activity.
  • a chow hall.
  • communal showers.
  • visitation hall.
  • a solitary confinement cell, two would be best, just in case.
  • a day room for everyday gathering of inmates.
  • job sites
    • you should have a variety of skill items, but only those that produce an income or help complete an aspiration.

Gameplay: The challenge is made up of one key result: rehabilitation. Each Sim that enters the prison must leave fully rehabilitated. A guide on how to properly accomplish this is listed below.

• Rehabilitation consists of completing 2 aspirations and mastering 3 skills.
  • no skills are necessary, but when given responsibilities, an inmate will find them easier with corresponding skills.
  • the goal is to rehabilitate a total of 10 Sims.
  • to add Sims, they should be randomly selected from any neighborhood in the game. They can be selected at any point in the game, but only if there is space for them. To add, allow for cheats, Shift + Left Click, and add to family.
  • to remove Sims, all required skills and aspirations must be completed and a civilian outfit should be put on the Sim.
  • every inmate must have at least one responsibility. They must complete the tasks that come with this responsibility before returning to their cells or the dayroom for the day. Each responsibility is listed below:
    1. Kitchen - cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner in individual plates, and make at least 3 drinks.
    2. Clean Up - clean up after chow time, clean up all spills and puddles, and gather all laundry to put in the hamper.
    3. Tech - repair and upgrade objects daily, shoot for at least one upgrade every other day.
    4. Off-Site Work Program - any Sim that accepts this responsibility can leave the lot when you want them to, but only for skill-building purposes.
  • when an inmate reaches level 6, 8, and 10 of their required rehabilitation skills, they have the option of adding leisure items to their cell. The inmate gets 1 item for level 6 and 8 and 2 for level 10. They are free to take the items with them when they leave the prison, but while there, they must be accessible to only that inmate.

Rules: As with every prison on the planet, there are rules to follow, listed below.

• no cheats for needs.
  • gender roles are present in the prison system, so, men should have rougher jobs like repairing and upgrading things while women should have cooking and cleaning duties.
  • the warden must keep all prisoners in line and should have a rapport with them to do this. You should have them become friends with each inmate to lower chances of confrontations.
  • when a Sim is put into solitary confinement, for whatever reason you see fit, they are not allowed any items at all except a bed and toilet.
  • solitary confinement should only be used when the worst of the rules are broken.
  • you should make a list of rules for each inmate to follow strictly. If these rules are not followed, you have the right to place the offender into solitary and remove their amenities. Some ideas for strict rules that must be followed are:
    • no contact with the opposite gender
    • always complete daily duties before returning to your cell or the dayroom
    • and no mean or mischievous interactions with fellow prisoners.
  • if inmates are well-behaved for a lengthy amount of time, of which length is decided by you, they should receive good time. This means they don't have to complete the current level of their aspiration(use cheats to complete the milestone), and as they are more well-behaved for longer periods of time, they may even not have work to finish their aspiration at all.
  • the only time inmates are allowed to leave the home lot include: when they've gained their freedom, and when they participate in an offsite work program for skill-building.
  • pets are allowed as a means of rehabilitation. All pets must remain in their owner's cells at night and must be properly taken care of.
  • family and friends can visit whenever they see fit but no more than 3 times a week.
  • all inmates should rotate on laundry, but having an extra task for the Clean-Up crew is up to you.
-------------------------------------------------------

I've seen many versions of this challenge and I just wanted to put my two-cents in. I feel I have a bit of insight with the challenge from second-hand knowledge of prison life so, I can easily form a good base and build from there. I hope the rules and gameplay aren't too confusing, I know I keep doing that with all my challenges. Anyway, hope you guys like it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 1:37 AM
I didn't know Sims could be rehabilitated? New to Sims4, what I am getting from this is that even with a bad trait, this gameplaycan change a trait (what ever trait) when the Sims' ages, I am asuming.
Or is it all just game play, and pretending they were rehabilitated?

There are no short cuts to a place worth going!
Thankyou for your creative works of art.
They are well appreciated. AKA: Tricia
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjbrooks56
I didn't know Sims could be rehabilitated? New to Sims4, what I am getting from this is that even with a bad trait, this gameplaycan change a trait (what ever trait) when the Sims' ages, I am asuming.
Or is it all just game play, and pretending they were rehabilitated?

it's all just storytelling within the game. Sims aren't given any "bad" traits at any point, unless you view them as bad. And traits can be changed for a short time if you have the Unstable trait in the Sims 3. However, in the Sims 4, you can only add traits via gameplay, and change them with cheats after they've already been chosen.