Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 6:56 PM
Default Help me build an art galery with WA items?
I would like to build an art gallery with world adventures items and photos I collected. But while I can buy the lot and put the items down, when I pack said lot into the bin the items disappear.
Is there a way I can cut the ties those items have with my current sim so that I can use the gallery in other worlds too through house bin? I really would love to spread my sims hard work over different towns without the game gluing the items to his person forever.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 5:51 AM
Have you tried selling the lot - after you placed the items - and then put it into the bin?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 6:51 AM
A thread about the same issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613447
See post #7 (by Don Babilon) for the solution. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
I would like to build an art gallery with world adventures items and photos I collected. But while I can buy the lot and put the items down, when I pack said lot into the bin the items disappear.
Is there a way I can cut the ties those items have with my current sim so that I can use the gallery in other worlds too through house bin? I really would love to spread my sims hard work over different towns without the game gluing the items to his person forever.

Photos you take with the in-game camera are stored in the TravelDB.package file inside your savegame folder. I suppose you could merge that file with the package file of your lot inside the Library folder, but I don't know if it'll work.

EDIT: There are lots of things inside the TravelDB.package file. You probably want to ignore the SIMO resources (Sims), but all those unknown files really concern me. Who knows what's there...
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 7:16 PM
Omg! Can we somehow get image files out of the TravelDB.package?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Omg! Can we somehow get image files out of the TravelDB.package?

If you open the file with s3pe, you should be able to export any images contained from there. The images are usually quite small and the ratio out of whack though.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:42 PM
If I put the lot into the lot bin, the images will disappear when I put it down in another town?
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 7:31 AM
Thanks, I might try it out.

This reminds me that once I moved a house to the library and all of the painted pictures were gone. :C I didn't really know about this at the time.