Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:17 AM
Default Is it possible to combine two mods?
I would like to combine two mods, Inteen and treeag's Bigfoot Romance. They conflict (the one loading last is the one that works), but could they be made to either cooperate or be combined somehow? If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I have very little experience with modding (though I have some programming experience), but I would be willing to learn just to get this to work.

Thanks!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:39 AM
In general, the answer is yes. Assuming it's a BHAV conflict, you'd have to compare the two mods' BHAVs with the default, then make a new version which incorporates both mods' functions into one script. Normally that's not too challenging - but the fact that InTeen is involved makes things more complex, since InTeen is very complex, and changes you make to one bit of InTeen coding often have unexpected knock-on effects which can be a pain to track down and resolve. So really, it's a question of how comfortable you feel modifying complex scripts. (BHAV language itself is pretty straightforward, just instructions with one true target and one false target - though it can be challenging to figure out exactly how a given instruction functions)

It's also possible that the conflict is not related to BHAVs but something else like BCONs, in which case you can usually fix the conflict by changing the instance of one of the affected resources and of all the references to that resource in that mod.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2017 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
In general, the answer is yes. Assuming it's a BHAV conflict, you'd have to compare the two mods' BHAVs with the default, then make a new version which incorporates both mods' functions into one script. Normally that's not too challenging - but the fact that InTeen is involved makes things more complex, since InTeen is very complex, and changes you make to one bit of InTeen coding often have unexpected knock-on effects which can be a pain to track down and resolve. So really, it's a question of how comfortable you feel modifying complex scripts. (BHAV language itself is pretty straightforward, just instructions with one true target and one false target - though it can be challenging to figure out exactly how a given instruction functions)

It's also possible that the conflict is not related to BHAVs but something else like BCONs, in which case you can usually fix the conflict by changing the instance of one of the affected resources and of all the references to that resource in that mod.

Thanks! Yes, I am very worried about tackling Inteen, especially as my first modding effort, but it seems to me that it's not really a conflict, more a case of allowing Bigfoot to what's already there. Is that what you meant by a BCON-conflict? How would I go about finding what is conflicting?

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th May 2017 at 2:07 PM
I think the HCDU tells you exactly which resource is causing the conflict? I don't use any of those utilities, but I'm sure that one of them does.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2017 at 2:17 PM
Here is the report from HCDU:

Report Start 5/18/2017 2:16:34 PM

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Scope Room TEST
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x000022DD
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\zzMTStreeag801184BigfootRomance\TreeagBigfootRomance.package
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterB.package

Procedure Name: Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x00000139

Procedure Name: Interaction - Play In TEST
Group ID: 0x7F48AF7A
Instance ID: 0x00002005

Procedure Name: CT - InTeenimater - Can Propose?
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x0000270B
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterFlavorPakNoAgeOfConsent.package

Procedure Name: Function - Get My Job Category
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x00002022
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterFlavorPakNoTeenJobsForElders.package

Procedure Name: InTeenimater - Hunt Kittens
Group ID: 0x7F1D0F49
Instance ID: 0x000010FA
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterFlavorPakILoveKittens.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Move Out TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x00002035
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterFlavorPakNoAgeOfConsent.package

File Type: TTAB
Group ID: 0x7F859641
Instance ID: 0x00000081
Packages Containing This Menu File:
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterFlavorPakResidentialGraduates.package

File Type: TTAs
Group ID: 0x7F859641
Instance ID: 0x00000081
Packages Containing This Menu Strings File:
\downloads\ZzzInTeenimater\InTeenimaterFlavorPakResidentialGraduates.package

End Of Report

9 possible conflicts detected.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

So basically only three instances.

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2017 at 4:53 PM
So how do I add Bigfoot to these instances? I see there is an entry for Stack Object's Species under Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant and it has a different value for True Target for the two mods, is that something I need to change?

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:05 PM
Anyone?

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:58 PM
Mkay - those are all BHAVs so you'll have to compare them to figure out what needs to be done to enable bigfoot as a suitor. I'd suggest you edit bigfoot into the InTeen files, instead of editing InTeen into the bigfoot file, as that'll be a lot simpler.

Look for anything that's testing sim characteristics - any "Am I ___?" lines or lines referring to age. If you're lucky you'll be able to just add "Am I bigfoot?" with a true return pointing further into the interaction, if not you may have to do some more in-depth hunting. Also, backup your InTeen files before editing them, I guarantee you'll break them at some point.

The last conflict that HCDU detected can be ignored.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:12 AM Last edited by SciBirg : 24th May 2017 at 11:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Mkay - those are all BHAVs so you'll have to compare them to figure out what needs to be done to enable bigfoot as a suitor. I'd suggest you edit bigfoot into the InTeen files, instead of editing InTeen into the bigfoot file, as that'll be a lot simpler.

Look for anything that's testing sim characteristics - any "Am I ___?" lines or lines referring to age. If you're lucky you'll be able to just add "Am I bigfoot?" with a true return pointing further into the interaction, if not you may have to do some more in-depth hunting. Also, backup your InTeen files before editing them, I guarantee you'll break them at some point.

The last conflict that HCDU detected can be ignored.

Yes, I agree with combining Bigfoot into InTeen. InTeen is truly scary involved. I am using backed up files for sure. I always break them!
Unfortunately I don't see anything obvious to change. The Bigfoot mod has some entries for Romance capable and one for Bigfoot, children, cats and dogs, but there is nothing that strikes me as similar in InTeen, except maybe for Dateable, but that seems to only test for if sims are related. I looked in all the packages.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th May 2017 at 12:31 AM
HCDU told you the names of the BHAVs you need to be looking at - "Interaction - Scope Room TEST", "Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?" and "Interaction - Play In TEST", as well as which file they're in (InTeenimaterB.package). I would suggest you start with the ones with TEST in the name: they're guardian BHAVs, so all they do is ask "Are conditions x, y and z true? If so, return true and the interaction is available" - so they're usually not too complicated! A typical guardian BHAV would be something like:

Is the sim YA or older? If not, go away! If yes...
Is the sim human? If not, go away! If yes...
Is the sim related to the active sim? If yes, go away! If not...

And so on. So you should (hopefully) be able to spot pretty quickly which tests are included in the bigfoot mod but not in InTeen, and vice versa.

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 12:05 PM Last edited by SciBirg : 4th Aug 2017 at 9:53 AM.
I managed to get Scope room to work, but I am having an issue with getting the Play in test to work. I need to change a value from Adult to Teen and I am not sure how.

See box in red

I managed to change the value to Teen, but it is still not working. there must be something else that needs changing, but I am not sure what.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 6:30 PM
Forgive me - what interaction is that attached to? What are the sims playing in?

And what's the problem - is it just that the interaction isn't available when it should be? If so, what are the characteristics (age, species etc.) of the test sim?