Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:45 PM
Default SimPE for Mac?
Hey! So basically I just downloaded the Sims 2 Super Collection on my macbook pro and would like to move the sims from Strangetown and Veronaville to Pleasantview. I am aware that if I were to just move them to the bin then I would corrupt my game - so I need to use SimPE. I've tried downloading SimPE but it says I can't open it because my macbook doesn't support it. Is there a way I can get SimPE?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:40 PM
There aren't any other equivalent programs for Mac. You might be able to get it running in a Windows emulator like Wine or Mono, though I know people have had problems doing that in the past.

You could use meetme2theriver's subhood templates - attach them to Pleasantview and all the sims would be added, and then as far as I remember you can safely delete the subhoods and the sims will get dumped in the family bin so you can move them into Pleasntview lots.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 3:08 PM
Hey, thanks so much for your reply!
I have read the link and I'm a bit confused, where exactly do I start? Haha. Sorry to be a pain I just really would love to be able to do this! Is there a simplified tutorial or instructions anywhere?

Thanks
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:22 PM
Scroll down to the "SHOPPING DISTRICTS" section and download the 'hoods you want, install them according to the instructions (unless it's different on Mac?)

Then load your game, load Pleasantview, and click the little shopfront icon in the top left - that will open the shopping district chooser, and when you click Add you'll see the 'hoods you downloaded as options.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:07 PM Last edited by KelleyWentworth : 17th Aug 2017 at 6:30 PM.
Thanks again

It says to put into my

'INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder'

Sadly because I downloaded the Ultimate Collection on a macbook I don't think I have these folders, I do have Open for Business but I can't find a folder for it.
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:19 PM Last edited by velvetina : 17th Aug 2017 at 7:28 PM. Reason: I accidentally ate a word.
1. Tarlia's Pleasantview is a cleaner version of that neighborhood, you should get it if you want your game to be as corruptionless as possible.
2. Unfortunately, Super Collection only goes up to Bon Voyage, so you won't be able to use Desiderata Valley or Belladonna Cove, because the EPs they were originally included with weren't released for Mac.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:42 PM
Hey Thank you so much for your reply - I really appreciate it!

Strangetown
Requires: Open For Business
Install instructions: Put in your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder.

This is what it says to do to for Strangetown, so I downloaded the hood and this is what I got - http://i.imgur.com/XQzotJ2.png

Forgive me for being so confused, haha, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with this file, is this what it is supposed to look like?

I can't find any of 'The Sims 2 Open For Business/TSData/Res etc... but I could find this set of folders (http://i.imgur.com/agrnkRv.png) when I typed in: '~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/'

I'm really trying to make this work but I'm so lost! Any ideas on what I could do?
Thank you again for being so patient
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 7:27 PM
You need to unzip that folder with something like WinZIP or UnRarx, and there should be a folder named B995 inside. Since that is the subhood version, it should go in the OFB neighborhood template, and that is located where you installed the Super Collection, and that's all I can say to help, since I don't know how is the path to the folder in a Mac. I'll quote @lordtyger9 to see if he can help you, since he plays on a Mac and knows more about it than me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 8:27 PM Last edited by KelleyWentworth : 17th Aug 2017 at 8:38 PM.
Oh my GOD!!! I found the path!! Thank you so much!!

I put the BB95 folder there, but there was already a folder named B001 in there, should I delete this or keep it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
Sorry to post again, but once I load my game how do I find Strangetown? I went to the shopping district but only Bluewater Village was there.
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 8:57 PM
You have a giant button in the selection? Get Mootilda's subhood selection fix here so it shows a list with your subhoods instead.
Ah! And B001 is just Bluewater Village, but i'd reccomend you replacing it with Tarlia's version. You know, less corruption and all that...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:06 PM Last edited by KelleyWentworth : 17th Aug 2017 at 9:22 PM.
Thanks!

I downloaded that and now it's working!

So is Strangetown now basically Pleasantview's shopping district? Are the Strangetown sims able to talk to or walk past the houses in Pleasantview?

And would it be okay now if I moved the Strangetown households that are in the shopping district into the bin and then moved them to Pleasantview? Or would this still cause corruption?

Or should I download Pleasantview as well so that all 3 towns are apart of the shopping district? If Strangetown, Pleasantview and Veronaville were all shopping districts would they walk past each others houses, etc? Thanks
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:14 PM
In goes into your downloads folder, but seeing the image you posted above, you don't have one, so you will have to make one and place the mod there. In the place where you have the set of folders you showed in the image, you create a new folder called Downloads.
Instructor
#14 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KelleyWentworth
Thanks!
I downloaded that and now it's working!
So is Strangetown now basically Pleasantview's shopping district? Are the Strangetown sims able to talk to or walk past the houses in Pleasantview?
And would it be okay now if I moved the Strangetown households that are in the shopping district into the bin and then moved them to Pleasantview? Or would this still cause corruption?
Or should I download Pleasantview as well so that all 3 towns are apart of the shopping district? If Strangetown, Pleasantview and Veronaville were all shopping districts would they walk past each others houses, etc? Thanks

(I waited a day to avoid double post, but if it still counts as such, I'm sorry)
1. Yes! Strangetown sims are going to show up in Pleasantview now, as walkbys in residential and community lots, or as part of the welcome wagon.
2. Families can be moved between subhoods without problems, that's the point of them, after all! Just don't move inhabited houses to the bin, that is a VBT and WILL cause corruption.
3. You can add all the subhoods you want (That's how megahoods and uberhoods are made), and sims from all of them are going to show up, like I said in point 1.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
(I waited a day to avoid double post, but if it still counts as such, I'm sorry)

That's not what double posting means. In this case though we'll forgive you.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM Last edited by KelleyWentworth : 18th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM.
Hi Thank you so much for all your help. I really, really appreciate it!

I downloaded all of the hoods I wanted and put all of the files (B994, B995, B996) into the NeighbourhoodTemplate folder. I loaded my game and then clicked on Pleasantview, and clicked on the shopping district, in which I added all of the different hoods.

This might sound confusing, but are all the shopping districts/subhoods Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville) within the same town? Because I am in the town of Pleasantview does this mean they will all be in this town? Or will I have to change between the different shopping districts to play the different hoods?

The reason I'm asking is because when I clicked on the Strangetown and Veronaville shopping districts I stayed in Pleasantview, the only difference was the families that were in the bin in those towns (for example the Singles family and the Loner family from Strangetown) joined this bin, in Pleasantview.

The families from these towns that owned a lot (for example the Specter family, Smith family and Grunt family) were not in the bin and I am unable to find them.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:10 PM
Yes, they're all part of the same neighbourhood - your sims can visit lots in the other subhoods and you can meet and invite over sims from other subhoods. The sims who live in the subhoods are still there - in Pleasantview, open the subhood chooser again and double-click Strangetown, and you'll see all the lots and their occupants there and can play the families like normal.

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:22 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM.
If someone reads this later and is trying to find the path for a Mac then <right click> or <control click> the App then ->Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Open For Business/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate folder.

Reading this I am wondering how many sims one would be adding if several Neighborhoods were added as subhoods, specifically Pleasantview, RiverblossomHills, and Veronaville?

Would it make a significant difference is what I am asking.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:37 PM
My uberhood has 1031 sims, though that's including PTs and probably 20-30 babies by now./