Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
Default Is it possible to create a mod that lets children and toddlers get sick\die?
This drawback always irked me as long as I can remember. During my childhood years I had very poor immune system and was constantly ill,two of my siblings almost died from complications of other common illnesses in their toddlerhood as well.Besides,the memories of parents taking care of me while lying in bed with a fever are still very heartwarming,comforting.So I'd love to see such scenarios in game. I think my sims kiddos deserve to feel sometimes under the weather too.
I'm willing to create a mod of this sort if it's even doable.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:37 PM
I do know the flu thingy that comes with seasons has a ITUN file that has a restriction for children and/or toddlers to not get sick, so I think that might be an interesting one to look at it does mean that when the sim is playing a specific idle/animation that belongs with the whole flu script, they will get all stretchy. I also know with nraas it's possible to set specific settings to change the age restriction of a child or toddler being immortal, but it will also cause to get stretchy animations

So I suppose to make a more realistic mod, it could be a really huge project which will require scripting sadly :/ Unless you're up to making ITUN/XML changes
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 6:45 AM
Here's one http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Vector I don't know if kids are affected by this but it's a start.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 10:54 AM
Kids ARE affected by this, but I think they don't die. Don't activate all the diseases at once, acitvate one wait for the immunity in most Sims to build then activate others.. and prepare for screaming toddlers