Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 3:20 AM
Default HELP with textures in Blender/S4S
Hey everyone, I have been in LOVE with Gelina's vintage law chairs ever since the first time I saw them! I have been trying my hardest to convert them to TS4, but I'm having a really hard time with transparency. I'll attach some images to hopefully show what I'm talking about.

Image 1: My conversion, looking a little messy but coming along nicely in Blender.

Image 2: My conversion imported to Sims4Studio.

In Game, not looking as crisp as I'd like, as well as the transparency issue.

http://imgur.com/a/2n8Rc

As you can see in S4S the transparent/see through/empty areas that we are seeing in Blender, are solid black. How do I fix this? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be super swell!

<3
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:56 PM
You should clone a chair with transparency in its original texture.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MegVarley
Hey everyone, I have been in LOVE with Gelina's vintage law chairs ever since the first time I saw them! I have been trying my hardest to convert them to TS4, but I'm having a really hard time with transparency. I'll attach some images to hopefully show what I'm talking about.

Image 1: My conversion, looking a little messy but coming along nicely in Blender.

Image 2: My conversion imported to Sims4Studio.

In Game, not looking as crisp as I'd like, as well as the transparency issue.

http://imgur.com/a/2n8Rc

As you can see in S4S the transparent/see through/empty areas that we are seeing in Blender, are solid black. How do I fix this? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be super swell!

<3

You can use the Cavill Dining Chair as a base since it has transparency part on it.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:59 PM
On Sims 2 and 3 that would be an alpha edit problem. Have you looked at the alpha edit for the chair?