Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:43 PM
TS3 to TS4 converting help
So I'm trying to convert a corner shower stall I downloaded from this site, it is a mod for the sims 3 and I want to convert it to make it work in the sims 4. Thing is I'm watching a tutorial on how to convert ts3 things to ts4 but I when I import the mesh from blender to sims 4 studio it won't appear. The girl in the video was converting a coffee table so I imagine it's a lot easier to work with for beginners, which I am a beginner. I just started using blender yesterday and had no problems. I'll try to convert a different object to see if I get the same problem. It's really frustrating and I would like to convert the shower stall. Thanks.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
You have to make sure you have the approval from the maker of the mesh before you convert it.

After that you should probably move your requests to the http://sims4studio.com/ instead. They have lots of tutorials and can help you if you need. They also have tutorials for Blender, even convertions tutorials. Then we also have a dedicated object forum on this site. This discussion forum is not the right place for it.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:56 PM
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 8:01 PM
In blender, did you give your mesh groups their correct cut number. I have a feeling that's the problem you are having.

On the other hand if you have the permission of the original creator to make the conversion, you can post the blend and package file you are working with so that someone can take a look at it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 1:22 AM
I figured out how to do it correctly. The video I watched was not that well explained which was why I was having problems. I followed this tutorial http://www.sims4studio.com/thread/8...ackage-existing and it helped a lot.

I'm probably not gonna upload redos of other peoples' mods at all. I was just practicing and needed help, because clearly the girl in the video had no idea that she would be confusing the hell out of others.