Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:57 PM Last edited by HereThereBeImps : 25th Jul 2017 at 11:46 PM.
Accessing Base Python Files On A Mac / Creating Script Mods???
I would like to begin experimenting with creating some script mods, but I'm working on a Mac and all the tutorials are for Windows. I know the first step is to get access to the base Python files, but the decompiler program I found for doing so (http://modthesims.info/t/532644) is designed to be run on a Windows, meaning all the directories are off (using '\' instead of '/'), and maybe other incompatibilities.

Has anyone tried creating script mods on a Mac before? Is there another way to access these files? Should I try modifying the decompiler program (which could be scary since I could totally mess something up)?

Alternatively, I have a virtual machine with Windows 8--but the directory roots are not the same as a standard window system.

And if anyone has any other knowledge/tips about creating mods on a Mac, I would greatly appreciate it.

UPDATE:

To access the files on a Mac I...
1) right-clicked on The Sims 4 application
2) selected "Show Package Contents" (this opened a new directory)
3) Went to: Contents >Data > Simulation > Gameplay
4) I COPIED the three zip files to a new folder for unzipping and experimenting.

I believe these are the files I need, but next I need to figure out how to convert the content folders from .pyo to .py