Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2019 UPDATE: Servo - Complete Conversion

by Qahne Posted 25th Dec 2015 at 4:05 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2019 at 2:51 AM by Qahne

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 10:39 PM
looks good
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 4:40 AM
I do not know what has happened to the servo I downloaded as it just sits there when bought from buy mode, how do you get it to get up and move?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
I do not know what has happened to the servo I downloaded as it just sits there when bought from buy mode, how do you get it to get up and move?

You don't. If you go back and read the download info properly, you will find that the Servo found in the Buy catalogue is just for decoration. If you want one that walks around you will have to create it yourself in CAS. They are basically regular Sims dressed to look like Servo.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:22 AM
I can understand the confusion, since that's how they worked in TS2

You can find the Servo outfits in CAS under Skin Details (the same tab where you apply wrinkles and freckles), and their formal costumes are under Necklaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 5:31 AM
This'll be fun! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:05 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th May 2016 at 4:49 PM
oooohhh cant wait to have fun with this! thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 11:34 PM
Wonderful! Brilliant! I've always loved those crazy Servos, so glad to see them back in Sims4. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 10:19 PM
Default Servo
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
You don't. If you go back and read the download info properly, you will find that the Servo found in the Buy catalogue is just for decoration. If you want one that walks around you will have to create it yourself in CAS. They are basically regular Sims dressed to look like Servo.

Ok sorry yes , I just hope that the Servos turn up in CAS as the ones I downloaded from danother modder do not have the adult Servo properly. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 10:22 PM
Default Cas Servos
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
I can understand the confusion, since that's how they worked in TS2

You can find the Servo outfits in CAS under Skin Details (the same tab where you apply wrinkles and freckles), and their formal costumes are under Necklaces.

Okay thank you.
Scholar
#36 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 7:59 PM
You know...I saw this post and even though I don't have S4, I just HAD to take a look. This is really well done. I see nothing here that doesn't look like a S2 Servo. I gotta say, excellent job and I'm glad that something from S2 can now be appreciated in S4.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:32 AM Last edited by DarthVaderRevan : 21st Aug 2016 at 6:18 AM.
Question Regarding TS2 Mods for Servos...
Would it be possible for one to Take a ts2 Reskin of servo (such as http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=399777 or http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=294787 :cylon: or http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=292827 Preferably the last one) and use it.Also how would one go about such a task.
Any reply is helpful and I appreciate your time
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthVaderRevan
Would it be possible for one to Take a ts2 Reskin of servo (such as http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=399777 or http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=294787 :cylon: or http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=292827 Preferably the last one) and use it.Also how would one go about such a task.
Any reply is helpful and I appreciate your time

It would be possible, and fairly easy to do; since I didn't remap Servo, you can just take the TS2 textures and reposition them so that they are over my TS4 textures (make sure you leave the TS4 hand in place, though, since that is the only part that is remapped).
  1. Download SimPE and use it to open your TS2 replacement package
  2. Find the texture file and export it
  3. Download Sims4Studio and use it to open my TS4 Servo package
  4. Extract my TS4 texture
  5. Using your favourite image editing software, copy the TS2 texture over to the TS4 texture, making sure they match up nicely.
  6. Save the resulting image and import it into Sims4Studio; you can create a new swatch if you don't want it to replace my original Servo textures, just hit the "add swatch" button and replace the texture there instead. Save it to your mods folder.
  7. Open your game and have fun! : )

A little extra detail: TS4 textures are 1024x2048, and are all-encompassing, whereas TS2 textures are normally square and are separated by body part. So the TS2 Servo head texture is, in TS4, just the upper left 512x512 corner of the big texture, and the body is the lower 1024x1024 half of the big texture. The hands are in the middle of both of them, and you don't need to worry about those, since nothing in the TS2 textures will cover them up.

EDIT: Oh, I see you're talking about mesh replacements, not texture replacements. There really isn't an easy way of going about that, you'll have to follow the mesh conversion tutorials around here to convert them to TS3 and then convert them to TS4, fix the bones, the mapping, the textures, etc. But you can definitely use my Servo outfits as a base if you want to make sure your reskins work like mine (always on, head is hidden, etc.). I wish you luck, really loved having Cylon in my TS2 game looking after my little toddlers

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:59 PM
Thank you so much. For now I think Ill try to find some nice textures for servo and just stick with that while I try and Remesh... I'll have to try and contact those authors if I ever finish such a project so that I could post it, And I probably would attempt to make it stand alone so one such as us could have a Servo and a Cylon. Thanks again!

Addition: Also do you know how I should go about finding a copy of TS2? Is there some hidden EA website? And Could it work on Windows 8.1?
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthVaderRevan
Thank you so much. For now I think Ill try to find some nice textures for servo and just stick with that while I try and Remesh... I'll have to try and contact those authors if I ever finish such a project so that I could post it, And I probably would attempt to make it stand alone so one such as us could have a Servo and a Cylon. Thanks again!

Addition: Also do you know how I should go about finding a copy of TS2? Is there some hidden EA website? And Could it work on Windows 8.1?

You don't need a copy of TS2 to use SimPE and such for extracting files, but if you want it, you can try Amazon, eBay or your local thrift stores. Origin has an Ultimate Collection, but I'm not sure if it's still available or if it was just a promotional item, you'll have to ask around for that info.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Origin has an Ultimate Collection, but I'm not sure if it's still available or if it was just a promotional item, you'll have to ask around for that info.
I can't seem to find it now but thanks, maybe they'll bring it back (like ME3 Modding )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 6:14 PM
Omg thank u!
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 3:30 PM
You've sent me several PMs requesting that, and I've already explained to you several times why I cannot do that. Please stop pestering me about it, the only thing that makes creators less inclined to create is pressure. I make the content that I want to see, and my suggestion to you is that you read some tutorials and download some tools and try your hand at it yourself so that you can do the same. It is perfectly okay to ask me if I am interested in making something, but if my answer is no, you should stop asking.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 6:40 PM
Imma about to use it! Looks awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 3:17 PM
AWESOME I LOVE IT TY TY

#46 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 3:21 PM
Default Thank you
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 7:44 PM
I really really love this mod...I have a hate hate affair with townie sims, having a huge chunk of non townies of my own design, and I'm always trying to find ways to combat how much they irritate me, especially in their constant growing numbers. But when they all look like servos, which all 70 of them or so now do, they are much less annoying since it's hard to tell who's who, and are actually kind of fun to have around because of their looks. One little issue, though. Although they seem to stay in their suits most of the time, when one is a headliner dj, they switch to that work costume. Don't know if anything can be done about it, but just thought I'd mention it. Thanks for the great mod no matter what!
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 8:13 PM
That's weird, I've never had that problem before - then again, I've never really managed to make NPCs into Servos, when I exit CAS the NPC flag seems to be cleared so I'm left with just a plain old homeless sim. I'll look into that, definitely shouldn't be happening - only thing I can think of is that the uniform for headliner DJs includes some kind of skin detail or something.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 6:16 PM
how do you get the servo to work? its just hunched over in the corner in my game???
Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabbygosnell
how do you get the servo to work? its just hunched over in the corner in my game???

That's just the decorative version.
If you read through the post fully you will see that these are all CAS parts for you to dress a Sim to LOOK like a servo. The decorative one is mostly for set dressing and story telling screenshots.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Page 2 of 4