Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5926 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 1:30 AM
http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=7999.0

Di's tweaked version is way down in the comments https://dicreasy.livejournal.com/91421.html

GMR is too dark for my liking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5927 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:27 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but a pixel can roll a want to 'drink tea'-triggered when a tea set is on the lot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#5928 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:35 PM
Yesterday I learned that 2x2 full baths are a thing.

pics
(The Uni communal shower floor tile is intersect'able so it can share the empty tile in front of the sink or toilet if need be - fully functional w/ no cheats or clipping )
Mad Poster
#5929 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:46 PM
I discovered this:

Is that suppose to happen to this Seasons shipped premade community lot? 0_o

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#5930 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:58 PM
No. You seem to have put it in a place with a high water table. Veronaville is notorious for this sort of thing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#5931 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 5:14 PM
Well, that's how that lot is (burried in), but the neighborhood water level is high, or better said, terrain level that you placed the lot on is really close to water level. That's why that happened I guess.

You can either try using pond tool with CFE cheat on that part of the lot, then flatten the terrain of it again (doubt it'll work, ocean and pond water are two different bodies of water and meshes as well). Or just simply raise the terrain of where the lot should be placed.
Or just simply raise the terrain of the whole lot untill water disappears. The easiest way to do this would be again using CFE.

Ofc, all of this is if you still want to keep the pit. You can still just make it flat ad fix the issue.
Mad Poster
#5932 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 6:18 PM
Will do. I admire the helping hand the community I'm apart of supports

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#5933 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 6:38 PM
That no matterwether you download the same stuff as before you’ll never be able to recreate a sim after losing their file ;w;

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#5934 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:18 AM
Cats (and dogs, I'd presume) can't eat pizza slices.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#5935 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:20 PM
there is a want to break up with a sim.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#5936 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:21 PM
I found the Titan Arum in Plants lol. It's also called the 'Corpse Flower'. It's smells like a rotting Corpse.
I saw this plant at the Chicago Botanic Gardens some years ago. Now they have three.
Does anyone know what effect it has on Sims? It's not Custom Content.

https://www.chicagobotanic.org/titan/about
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5937 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:43 PM
If you have testingcheatsenabled, you can pull a Sim's cooking skill up to ten, have them start preparing an advanced meal, then drag it back down to what it was before and they'll continue cooking. Most likely it'll burn up, though.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#5938 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I found the Titan Arum in Plants lol. It's also called the 'Corpse Flower'. It's smells like a rotting Corpse.
I saw this plant at the Chicago Botanic Gardens some years ago. Now they have three.

Unfortunately, I have never seen it do anything special.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#5939 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64

It came with Mansion & Garden Stuff. As far as I know it's just decorative. I put a couple of them in a hotel lobby on Twikkii Island because it's an expensive item and has a decent environment score for a potted plant (2). None of the guests seem to mind or even notice that the plants are there. lol
Field Researcher
#5940 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It came with Mansion & Garden Stuff. As far as I know it's just decorative. I put a couple of them in a hotel lobby on Twikkii Island because it's an expensive item and has a decent environment score for a potted plant (2). None of the guests seem to mind or even notice that the plants are there. lol

It eally ought to make the Sims run screaming from the lot if it's fully open (or at least hold their noses and make gagging gestures). They truly do smell revolting. They're perfectly inoffensive when not fully unfurled, though that's not the state the game has them in.

(Kew Gardens has a lot of them, having learned to cultivate and hand pollinate them some years back, so there's generally at least one in leaf on display, and several flowerings a year. Once was enough though.)
Mad Poster
#5941 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:01 AM
That's too bad. It would be much more fun if it inspired a realistic reaction in nearby sims. Maybe if it was converted to a sculpture object that triggers a reaction when sims "view" it. It certainly should not have an environment score higher than zero.
Inventor
#5942 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:10 AM
I discovered last night that sims can do that certain wave, with their arm up in the air and a stupid grin on their faces, when they see each other from a few feet away. I didn't have FRAPS on so I couldn't take a picture but it was the first time I ever saw that interaction. I had moved one of my college sims out of the dorm their other friends stayed in, and the girl that moved out showed up at the same time my other sim came back from class. She turned around and they both did that wave, then she walked up and hugged him

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Test Subject
#5943 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:05 AM
I discovered that there is a serious problem trying to use the Visitor Controller with the Ultimate Collection edition. When you install it, it resets the Needs of every Sim in the neighborhood back to beginning state - and it resets a few more things, too, like the roaches at the Beakers (they're ba-ack!).

Uninstalling it does the same thing. And to top it off, the neighborhood has to be Hood Checked and Batboxed all over again.

Can't say I recommend using this mod if you're running Ultimate. There are other mods that do the same things piecemeal without shocking your Sims and shaking up the 'hood.
Inventor
#5944 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMaven
I discovered that there is a serious problem trying to use the Visitor Controller with the Ultimate Collection edition. When you install it, it resets the Needs of every Sim in the neighborhood back to beginning state - and it resets a few more things, too, like the roaches at the Beakers (they're ba-ack!).

Uninstalling it does the same thing. And to top it off, the neighborhood has to be Hood Checked and Batboxed all over again.

Can't say I recommend using this mod if you're running Ultimate. There are other mods that do the same things piecemeal without shocking your Sims and shaking up the 'hood.

Hmm, that's strange. I have the Visitor Controller and the UC and nothing like that happened to me :o

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#5945 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:33 AM
I discovered that there is a serious problem trying to use the Visitor Controller with the Ultimate Collection edition.

I've had issues with Visitor Controller and UC too, unfortunately. Most of them I was willing to turn a blind eye to, but the one that bothered me most was it stopped my sims from getting their hobby lot membership. (No, they weren't getting the phone call they were meant to, they just didn't get membership at all). I know the hobby lots aren't All That, but I haven't played them at all and want to experience those parts of the game that I haven't seen.

Anyway, it was super annoying, and now I'm just trying to live without it.
Scholar
#5946 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:34 PM

Global mods do that to Sims 2; it's known as resetting. Visitor Controller (which is one of many examples of global mods) used to do it before Ultimate came out, too. It's why it's always a good idea to do certain things like ensuring Sims aren't in the middle of a phone call before saving a lot - so that if you feel like adding or removing any global mods, it's not going to cause corruption.

It is true, however, that much of its functionality can be replicated piecemeal by combinations of smaller mods.
Mad Poster
#5947 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:28 PM
Get Pescado's nohobbyspam. When your sim earns a hobby lot membership, you just get a notification in the corner of the screen. That way it doesn't matter if the Visitor Controller is banning the hobby leaders.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

The readme file is pretty useless. More info on what it does in this thread at MATY.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=11764.0
Lab Assistant
#5948 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM
Playing around with Bluewater Village and continuing my long, long journey to revamp every maxis community lot has taught me a lot! I learned that certain wall lights can be scooched up and down walls like paintings and photos can. I also learned that literary Sims will sometimes pull out a book to read as they move between activities (like the gaming sims' Rubik's cube idle animation). I discovered that there is a want to go bowling with a specific sim with its own unique little icon. I also discovered that when a sim sits on a beach to watch the waves, they can ask another sim to join them and they'll sit side-by-side with unique facial expressions and hand gestures. What an adorable, intimate interaction that is. I learned that if you use one of the counters intended to be used for shops (I think it came with H&M Stuff) and build an L-shape with the countertops, the corner piece will become a glass jewelry display. Very useful for the piercing artist/jewelry store I built on the boardwalk.

My last discovery is more of a question: is it normal for a sim to have two separate want slots filled with the same want? Cyd Roseland, while on his date at the Bluewater Beach Boardwalk, had two separate wants that both read 'woohoo with Chloe', same image, same text, same potential aspiration payoff. I'd never seen that before and I'm curious if it's a glitch or not.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#5949 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Global mods do that to Sims 2; it's known as resetting. Visitor Controller (which is one of many examples of global mods) used to do it before Ultimate came out, too. It's why it's always a good idea to do certain things like ensuring Sims aren't in the middle of a phone call before saving a lot - so that if you feel like adding or removing any global mods, it's not going to cause corruption.

It is true, however, that much of its functionality can be replicated piecemeal by combinations of smaller mods.

Just a few corrections Global mods do not by definition cause resets. It depends on what they edit. Some do, most don't. Responsible modders will inform you that a mod causes a reset, but not all do so it is always wise to do a backup before adding anything and if you get a reset you can revert and prep game for a reset (make sure all controllable Sims are idle and at home). Secondly a reset without prep doesn't necessarily cause corruption either. It can, but most of the time it's only going to cause glitches of varying levels of annoyance. In the example you used, phone call, the Sim on the other end is present on the lot but invisible and is affected by the reset as well which causes a glitch. But IIRC it's fixable by batbox, and not something that causes corruption.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5950 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
My last discovery is more of a question: is it normal for a sim to have two separate want slots filled with the same want? Cyd Roseland, while on his date at the Bluewater Beach Boardwalk, had two separate wants that both read 'woohoo with Chloe', same image, same text, same potential aspiration payoff. I'd never seen that before and I'm curious if it's a glitch or not.

Just a glitch. I've seen it happen before. Usually one of them rolls away after a while. Unless your Sims start rolling wants to make out with a pizza slice you should be fine.

Page 238 of 442