Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing
Replies: 9896 (Who?), Viewed: 554739 times.
Page 396 of 396
Mad Poster
#9876 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 8:54 PM
If you crack the file open in SimPE you can see in there whether it has an NPC or not. Forgot the exact details of it though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#9877 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 9:05 PM
Direct link doesn't work for me, either. I guess I'll have to content myself with Sophie David's lot-down pigeon effects until we finally upgrade our computer.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9878 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 9:28 PM
What kind of computer can't get into the site? I could do it with XP on a really old computer.
Or do you have a over-bearing anti-virus program that blacklists everything?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#9879 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 9:37 PM
Try right-clicking on the direct link and "save target as..." Or sometimes it's save link as.

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#9880 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 9:47 PM
The message I get is "this site uses an unsupported protocol." I'm using Chrome on an XP machine. Right click "save as" has no result, it just sits there and never generates a new pop-up or asks for a save name and location or anything. I get this periodically these days.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9881 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 9:49 PM
Try changing https to http:

http://n99forumpaks.jfade.com/r2rfi...aPigeonsSet.zip

Another alternative: Some security programs will attempt to intercept certain types of SSL traffic. Try temporarily disabling antiviruses and the like.

Third alternative: Might be the browser itself, if the SSL version the site uses is incompatible. If you're on XP, I'm suspecting this might be the case.

Test Subject
#9882 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 2:39 PM
I'd love a mod that prevents Sims from overreacting when they see a sexy or a horrible Sim according to theirs TO's, especially if they are engaged or married AND faithful. That means this mod will only permit thought bubbles surrounded by hearts. I'm so sick of my settled-down Family Sims fake-vomiting each time they notice a ugly pixel...
Lab Assistant
#9883 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 9:23 PM
I wish it were possible to make collection files that only include certain recolors instead of all the recolors associated with an object.
Mad Poster
#9884 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Monique made this one. It's old, so you might want to test it first to make sure it's compatible with your game.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/132164...preggy-mod.html

I put this in my downloads folder, and it works perfectly with All Ep's and Sp's. Just wanted to let people know.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Theorist
#9885 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 8:36 PM
Young Adult sorting in Live Mode be based on the amount of time till graduation.
Alchemist
#9886 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 7:04 PM
It would be great if dogs (especially agressive) could fight a burglar with the same effect (except for the money) as a cop. And even better if the owner could train it.
Or that its barking could replace an alarmsystem.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Lab Assistant
#9887 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 3:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
It would be great if dogs (especially agressive) could fight a burglar with the same effect (except for the money) as a cop. And even better if the owner could train it.
Or that its barking could replace an alarmsystem.

Ooh yes, but only if it's a smart dog. Dogs that are dumb and friendly should lick the burglar instead!
Field Researcher
#9888 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:42 AM
I seem to remember someone posting about this recently (or at least reading it recently)- but more variety in LTWs, especially non-career-related. Throw 30 Great Parties for popularity sims, Taught 10 Children to Study for knowledge or family, Wrote 10 Best Selling Novels for knowledge, Stayed Unemployed Through Adulthood for pleasure. Or even more switches like 50 First/Dream Dates for romance sims too instead of just pleasure.

I don't even use LTWs because it's always "Reach Level 10 of This Career". The only aspirations that get multiple non-career LTW options are family and pleasure. That's kind of sad.
Field Researcher
#9889 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 8:01 PM
Okay, this is going to sound REEAAALLLY weird and not actually possible, but bear with me.
So, I'm a big fan of a webcomic called Homestuck, and in Homestuck there are these aliens called trolls.
Trolls themselves are humanoid, but baby trolls are actually these little pupae called grubs, which kinda look like little caterpillars or something.
I've always really wanted to make a Homestuck hood (downloading stuff for it now in fact) but Sim babies of course, look very human.
Now, it's possible to make baby clothes/accessories, right? And obviously it's possible to make toddler clothes and accessories.
I wish there were new meshes to make a kinda grub-like body. It would be really difficult and probably really impossible, but I can see potential ways to make it by kinda making the mesh big enough to cover most of the arms/legs and adding a midsection with a 'fake' pair of legs. But c'est la vie, I have no meshing skill and it really would be a difficult thing to take on.
Here's a picture of what I mean by the grubs- I think they're adorable as cartoons but they would be so ugly in real life, obviously

You can call me Diddy :)
My Simblr (shared with a friend) is TwoSimmingFreaks - there's not much on there yet, but there will be soon :D
Theorist
#9890 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 4:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
There's an interaction for toddlers to "Give Love.../Stroke" dogs that is fully functional, but for some reason it isn't available without allmenus. Someone should enable it.

I figured I should mention that this exists now. I'm not sure when I'll find the energy to go through the steps of uploading it here. Thanks @Bulbizarre for mentioning this hidden interaction in the first place.
http://earlypleasantview.tumblr.com...locked-this-has
Theorist
#9891 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 9:42 PM
there be a keyboard shortcuts for each of the following::
-saving lot
-exiting lot to main neighborhood or to lot's location
-bringing up neighborhood chooser
-each kind of sub-neighborhood dialog
Alchemist
#9892 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 1:54 PM
Can you sell glasses/units of juices, made from the squeezer/juicer, in a shop business ? Probably not, but would be a cool mod. Or better yet, a juice stand as well that has tcustomers, either by purchasing or using as a free sample, drink the juice right away after taking in the middle of the store. Kind of like a bar or lemonade stand.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9893 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 2:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can you sell glasses/units of juices, made from the squeezer/juicer, in a shop business ? Probably not, but would be a cool mod. Or better yet, a juice stand as well that has tcustomers, either by purchasing or using as a free sample, drink the juice right away after taking in the middle of the store. Kind of like a bar or lemonade stand.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=226764
Mad Poster
#9894 Old Yesterday at 6:22 PM
It would be nice if someone could turn the Apartment Life "ask to watch kids" into an actual babysitting option for all lots and pay them without having to screw around with money-transfer mods.

Theorist
#9895 Old Yesterday at 8:44 PM
I recall some site having a mod for any household to ask neighbor to watch kids; I do not remember which site.
Mad Poster
#9896 Old Yesterday at 8:45 PM
Squinge's hack. There's no money transfer involved with it, though.

Theorist
#9897 Old Today at 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
It would be nice if someone could turn the Apartment Life "ask to watch kids" into an actual babysitting option for all lots and pay them without having to screw around with money-transfer mods.

FYI - Squinge's 'watch kids' mod no longer works in my game since I got the UC. I can call a neighbour over to babysit, but once my sim leaves the lot, the babysitter throws an error and leaves. I haven't done a full check to see if it is conflicting with something else I am using; could well be. The mod was invaluable once upon a time, so one day I hope it will work again for me.
Page 396 of 396