Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 5848 (Who?), Viewed: 211294 times.
Page 234 of 234
Forum Resident
#5826 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
If the cc in question has been *Townify* then it IS available to them. They have as much chance to be chosen by the game when giving hair, clothing etc. to the Townies it creates, than any other Maxis ones.

Yes, that was my theory too. I do not recall if it was townified or not, that's the point. Oh well, fun to see anyway.
Scholar
#5827 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
I think by diner food stand, she meant the 3 Vacation destination food stand...I really have no idea otherwise.

There's a 4th stand in similar style, that's styled a bit like a diner (link to photo also has downloads for recolours by Michelle) and serves things like hamburgers. I have not yet checked whether the vacation food stands have similar places for such certificates.

Turns out the official name for it is "One Complete Diner" and it comes with Apartment Life.
Lab Assistant
#5828 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:47 PM
Asleep sims do not count as "nannies". Albany was trying to go to work while Miranda stayed with Ariel. Yeah, the girl was sleeping off her hangover, and each time I tried, Albany would tell me that "he knows he has other responsibilities, but yadda yadda yadda."

Thought it was a bug, but still woke Miranda up with her yellow energy bar and all, just in case. It was the solution. I do not know what to think of this. On one hand, I have "looked after" my nephew while sleeping off my own hangover, but on the other, well, is that actually taking care of him?

Whatever. I feel you, Miranda. I really do.

In this house, we respect and treasure all Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown pre-mades. Is that clear?

Good.
Mad Poster
#5829 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:48 PM
Thanks! I never noticed that one from AL..
That tells you how often I...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Instructor
#5830 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:50 PM
That Sims can have a fear of Plummeting in Elevator. Is this also a new way for them to die, or do they just get a fright?
Test Subject
#5831 Old Yesterday at 3:24 AM
This may seem silly, but I see shoe prints on bare foundation lol. All my years playing it, and just noticed it yesterday.
Mad Poster
#5832 Old Yesterday at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
That Sims can have a fear of Plummeting in Elevator. Is this also a new way for them to die, or do they just get a fright?

Yeah, if their needs are low enough.
Test Subject
#5833 Old Yesterday at 8:47 AM
The first time I ever installed an elevator in my game the very tired and hungry owner fell to his death.

Believe it or not, I only just discovered the Blow Bubbles interaction! I've gotten some gorgeous pictures out of it.
Inventor
#5834 Old Yesterday at 12:57 PM
When it's time for a toddler (and other sims? maybe?) to grow up, there's a self-interaction for it. I noticed it when I clicked on Paul with him selected instead of his dad. Still brought him to the cake, but that's kinda neat.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#5835 Old Yesterday at 1:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybeyond
Believe it or not, I only just discovered the Blow Bubbles interaction! I've gotten some gorgeous pictures out of it.

Is that using the 3x3 bubble blower object, or is there one more akin to what kids in real life look like when blowing bubbles?

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#5836 Old Yesterday at 1:56 PM
I think it is the child animation, with the little soap bottle and stick thing.
There is nothing gorgeous in sims floating in the air puffing...

Mad Poster
#5837 Old Yesterday at 2:06 PM
Quote:
There is nothing gorgeous in sims floating in the air puffing...

My thoughts exactly Thanks, I guess I'll look for a real blow bubble interaction then

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#5838 Old Yesterday at 2:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Is that using the 3x3 bubble blower object, or is there one more akin to what kids in real life look like when blowing bubbles?

It's exactly like a bottle of bubbles that children play with in real life; I loved playing with bubbles as a child. It's an animation option that came with either Seasons or OFB (I think); not sure if it is available with just the base game. You click on your child and choose option blow bubbles. In addition to blowing bubbles; children will also sniff the bottle of bubbles and sometimes to a sip, cough and blow bubbles out their mouth.
Mad Poster
#5839 Old Yesterday at 3:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annorah
Asleep sims do not count as "nannies". .

In my game asleep sims are considered caregivers. What about mom sleeping while toddlers & baby are asleep-or not.

Namaste
Mad Poster
#5840 Old Yesterday at 4:20 PM
Well, if mom and baby are both asleep, yes. That works. But if mom and baby are both asleep, and dad must leave, then it stops being OK...

Instructor
#5841 Old Yesterday at 5:28 PM
As long as an adult Sim (teen or Elder) is on the lot it doesn't matter if they are sleeping and the toddler/infant is awake. However, if the infant or toddler is in need of care (hungry, cold, needs changing, etc) this could trigger the social worker in a game that is not modded to prevent it.
Test Subject
#5842 Old Yesterday at 5:40 PM
Found out wild animals can ride the elevator.

Mad Poster
#5843 Old Yesterday at 5:42 PM
Or, only half of them can...
dun dun dun.

Theorist
#5844 Old Yesterday at 7:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annorah
Asleep sims do not count as "nannies". Albany was trying to go to work while Miranda stayed with Ariel. Yeah, the girl was sleeping off her hangover, and each time I tried, Albany would tell me that "he knows he has other responsibilities, but yadda yadda yadda."

Thought it was a bug, but still woke Miranda up with her yellow energy bar and all, just in case. It was the solution. I do not know what to think of this. On one hand, I have "looked after" my nephew while sleeping off my own hangover, but on the other, well, is that actually taking care of him?

Whatever. I feel you, Miranda. I really do.

Were they both playable on the same lot? Also, the sims in Veronaville may have the Junk Townie syndrome and be treated as teens or even children yet NOT teens or children. It's weird. They have missing or extra character data, and when something like inteenimator is installed, it will try to fix the junk data which can turn these sims into mixes of children and adults. So to fix that, just spawn the biological clocks of all the adults and then put those clocks away. Then, the game will know that these sims are the age that they are supposed to be.

The same kind of problem happens in Strangetown when you try to send Johnny Smith to college. It will say that he has to stay for the children - his parents are considered children as well. Also, Vidcund Curious and Loki Beaker will be treated as teens if they become pregnant, and the bus may come for them. Ophelia Nigmos might be treated as a teen after becoming an adult or young adult and unable to get a new job.

That's just the nature of the premade neighbourhoods - especially the new ones that were made before Pleasantview, though even Pleasantview has some corruption. So if you have inteen, spawn the biological clocks and then put them away. Then your sims will function normally.
Mad Poster
#5845 Old Today at 3:45 AM
I rediscovered that sims can ask their pet to join, when they relax on a bed. Awwwwwwe..So sweet, and I had forgotten about it.

Lab Assistant
#5846 Old Today at 3:55 AM
Well, I was aware of this information. In fact, I have spawned plenty of biological clocks to fix this sort of issues, so I do not think that had to do with my situation. Hal and Desdemona were already at school, Goneril was out as well, and Albany refused to go to work. Miranda had skipped school and she was sleeping at that time, then I woke her up because I assumed that was the problem, and then... problem solved? I know pre-mades are a little messed up (after all, my Albany can give noogies for some reason ) but I do not see how that could be linked to Miranda not counting as a responsible caretaker only while asleep.

Hence my "discovery"

In this house, we respect and treasure all Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown pre-mades. Is that clear?

Good.
Lab Assistant
#5847 Old Today at 9:04 AM
Some weird glitch caused my teen sim to get two promotions in one day. He went from lice assistant (level 3) to dive master (level 4) of the oceonography career. As soon as I clicked the ex on the first promotion announcement, another one popped in its place. I didn't even know getting past level 3 was possible for a part time job. He must be a really hard worker....
edit: His schedule is listed during school days...

Not sure how this is going to work without him getting fired.
Theorist
#5848 Old Today at 9:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmingSince7
Some weird glitch caused my teen sim to get two promotions in one day. He went from lice assistant (level 3) to dive master (level 4) of the oceonography career. As soon as I clicked the ex on the first promotion announcement, another one popped in its place. I didn't even know getting past level 3 was possible for a part time job. He must be a really hard worker....
edit: His schedule is listed during school days...

Not sure how this is going to work without him getting fired.

Do you have inteenimator? Because with inteenimator, once a teen hits the middle of his life stage, he becomes an independent teen. Inteenimator basically tells the game that the teen is an adult. When a teen grows directly up into an adult and doesn't go to college, he gets a promotion to an adult level. That's why you got two promotions in one night.
Mad Poster
#5849 Old Today at 12:25 PM
Only if you decide to make them independent teen. I never chose that, because i like to send them to UNI.
Otherwise, they live all their teen age, and become adults like any other teen, once the teen life stage is over.

Page 234 of 234