Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:55 AM
Default NPC spawning male or female
I have been playing this game for a while now and after starting about 10 kindoms with a female royal advisor I was surprised to find a male royal advisor in my latest kingdom.
Can all NPC's be male or female?
So far I have had only male build masters. But I've had both genders on royal advisors, genies in the bottle, the frog king (don't know his exact name, he is the result of the talking frog quest)

Will I hurt my game if I change the gender of one of those NPC's? I'm using DeeDawg's "edit in CAS" but never changed male to female or the other way around.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atreya
Can all NPC's be male or female?

Some will always be male, while others can be both. But that's just in regards to what the game itself will spawn. The game won't break if you have a female build master, for example.

Quote: Originally posted by Atreya
Will I hurt my game if I change the gender of one of those NPC's?

Ideally, no. In reality, maybe. Shouldn't be anything game breaking though, but the game is a pain in the ass when it comes to editing existing Sims, so you might experience weird things about the NPC afterwards. To be fair, the game was never designed to do this in the first place.

But I guess you could always send them to the pit and have a new one spawn, if something goes wrong. Otherwise, backup your save or make an additional save before doing it, if you have an emotional attachment to your advisor.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 1:31 AM
The ONLY way to know the outcome of anything, is to DO it until the end result arrives. And since PC games allow us to undo unwanted outcomes, changing effects we implemented, then we gamer's should use those abilities every chance they might be useful. Back it up before charging ahead to try your experiment in sex changing! Let us know the results of changing the sex of the Build-master will you? I hope the game doesn't make HER as ugly as HIM!

A note to DeeDawg...hello, Honey. Still dreaming about a Core, and scheming, but not more, until after its installed in a medieval store of mods via a cloud-like shore. Remember I swore I'd be your greatest nagger, not a who..e, but do keep in mind that this is the first NAG, so, not yet a bore. Don't let me come to that, hurry to complete this chore! Then all Medieval players can be in high levels of cheery, and your name shall be inlaid within every mind as the modder we MOST adore! We're eager, and impatient, do you read me???? PAHHHHLease!!!!!!

Your Pal, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 5:10 AM
Ok, I will try not change the sims gender too much then. I don't want to get stuck with broken sims.
For my royal advisor, I had just started a kingdom so I restarted that ambition with a new kingdom. It took me about 3 tries before I had a female advisor again. I like her being female and the build master to be male, so there is a nice balance between the two people closest to my monarch.

If I get to changing the gender of a NPC, I will let you guys know. But it won't be for now.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 5:42 PM
@Atreya: Yes, do that. It may help others wondering.

@Xeny: Ah, you. You and your rhymes. Yeah, yeah, I'll try to make time for it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
@Xeny:[/b] Ah, you. You and your rhymes. Yeah, yeah, I'll try to make time for it.

*Giggling*...Cheeks turn pink...batting eyelashes...smiles brightly...

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 3:38 PM
My own personal wish would actually be to STOP the respawning of random villagers T_T
My pc is already old and the constant flood and regeneration of annoying villagers suffocates it quite bad. It takes almost a quarter hour to load the game... Systematic duels to death or instant kills are useless, the game just keeps making more.
Besides, my heroes' relationships box gets so clogged that whenever I want to look for someone specific, it eventually takes a lifetime just to find them...