Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:49 PM
This sounds fabulous! I'm definitely trying this!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:30 PM
Just started this challenge!

Founder:
Weight: 4
Looks: 4
Fetish: 5 (alcoholic)
Career: (3) Daycare profession (my sim was originally a cook, but I couldn't find the job anywhere.)

Spouse:
Overall: 4
Career: (3) Doctor

Backstory:
Winter Lakes was just like other sims. She did what she was told, and she never rebelled. She did everything a woman was supposed to do: cook, clean, and make sure that children, such as her siblings, were well-cared for. Her mother had a tiring job of working in the culinary career, and her father worked as a doctor. They were never home until late at night, due to the fact that a new system was starting, and because of that everyone had clean slates. The diner, for once, had free food for sims who had lost their jobs, and her father worked tirelessly injecting SIN chips into all of the sims. By the time she was 19, rules were stricter than ever before. She was forced into a college for women, and passed at an average. The second she left university, she was assigned a spouse. During these times, she grew to enjoy the comfort of alcohol.

Jack Grayson didn't like his life, university, or the fact that he couldn't pick his own wife.
He didn't like the smelly trash, or his terrible home. It was just him, his mother, and his grandmother. His grandmother died when he was 9, leaving him and his mother heart-broken. His mother never went to university, because when she was young only the rich sims did. They usually had barely enough money to get a snack, yet his mom always seemed happy. On weekends, she'd often stare out of their only window, staring at a sometimes beautiful sunset.

Whenever he asked her why, she told him that 300 years ago, sims were free. They could be, do, however, whatever they wanted. Sims got to choose their own path in life. When he first heard it, he was shocked. He didn't believe that sims were once free spirits. As years passed, though, he slowly began to realize that his mother wasn't lying. Once he believed her, he begged for all of the information that she knew. she had laughed, telling him basic stories of sims, their lives, and their worlds. After that, jack was determined to make his world just like 300 years ago. Maybe he wouldn't be alive to experience it, but it would happen. When he finally got to university, he barely had enough time to study. He spent all of his time learning about it, and didn't get caught once. He never learned much though. He ended university as an average, and a doctor.
When he met his wife, Winter, he was shocked to see that she had no rebellion inside of her. He couldn't imagine life with a brainless sim, so he took the risk of telling her about Sunset Valley, and life before. At first, she was surprised. But, quicker than he imagined, she turned from a sim who followed the rules to a sim itching for freedom. Together, they decided that they'd change the world, no matter what the cost.
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:51 PM
Dangit.. had to have Jack be an astronomer, because there's no medical career! Maybe I can input a couple of work buildings in Edit Town mode, if it'll let me.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:55 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 19th Oct 2014 at 9:19 PM.
Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your hats, because the creatures I am about to post are so mindbogglingly gorgeous you'll have a Goddamn heart attack.

I present to you, Alexa and Howard Marrero, occupants of the dystopic Oasis Landing:

As keeping with my rolls, Alexa is the world's most out of shape fire fighter, given that the powers that be have a dark sense of humour. I picture them observing her going to emergencies on their little hidden cameras, laughing hysterically as she tries to run along.

Howard is a daycare worker. The children he supervises may wonder if the placement of his eyes may actually make him capable of looking in two directions at once without it being a horrible blur, perhaps making him something of a super nanny. Theoretically, at least, given that he's so slim and weak he'd probably lose an arm wrestling contest to a toddler.

Understandably, neither were particularly thrilled to see their future spouse the first time they were introduced. Alexa found it utterly impossible to maintain eye contact with a man who has an eye that appears to be more interested in what's going on over her shoulder. Howard in turn, was worried that she might roll over in bed and flatten him.
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:59 PM
They are wonderful Bl00. There babies will be the most wonderful things ever. Ever.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 9:26 PM
Thank you, thank you! I shall get started on their sexy times soon enough. I've just put down a hilariously out of place looking fire station, because fuck making one that actually fits in with the futuristic look of OL. That and plus we ain't got no hover fire truck.

EA WHY AIN'T WE GOT NO HOVER FIRE TRUCK?!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:39 PM
This sounds interesting. I was thinking, is it possible to play the challenge without Uni? I can't lift the Free media ban 1 because without Uni I can't blog. And it would be neat to be able to paint at some point.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:38 PM
Perhaps for those who don't have Uni, blogging could be substituted for writing. Instead of an online blog, your Sim could secretly write illegal books instead. Although it's up to Misty.

And speaking of, I have a question about our Sims' jobs, Misty! I've noticed that the fire fighter profession doesn't really work properly. I think it might be my game glitching rather than OL, but either way, my Sim hasn't made any money from fire fighting because there hasn't been any emergencies. Is there a possible, story related way for her to switch jobs?

Quote: Originally posted by iiPikachu
Dangit.. had to have Jack be an astronomer, because there's no medical career! Maybe I can input a couple of work buildings in Edit Town mode, if it'll let me.

I haven't read all your posts so excuse me if I missed something, but you're in Oasis Landing? If so, you need to download this mod to get the non-ITF rabbit hole jobs showing in the future. Fucking stupid way to design it, but hey, EA.txt. Perhaps Misty could put said mod in her OP so others can download it if they want.
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Perhaps for those who don't have Uni, blogging could be substituted for writing. Instead of an online blog, your Sim could secretly write illegal books instead. Although it's up to Misty.

And speaking of, I have a question about our Sims' jobs, Misty! I've noticed that the fire fighter profession doesn't really work properly. I think it might be my game glitching rather than OL, but either way, my Sim hasn't made any money from fire fighting because there hasn't been any emergencies. Is there a possible, story related way for her to switch jobs?

I haven't read all your posts so excuse me if I missed something, but you're in Oasis Landing? If so, you need to download this mod to get the non-ITF rabbit hole jobs showing in the future. Fucking stupid way to design it, but hey, EA.txt. Perhaps Misty could put said mod in her OP so others can download it if they want.
Thanks! And yup, I'm in Oasis Landing although I'm ready to move. I've already had 4 meteor showers, Winter got set on fire twice, and Jack got abducted by aliens.. Hopefully this doesn't continue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:42 AM

It sounds like a good alternative to me!

I did not specifically test the fire fighter career (I just assumed it would work if you put down a fire station). If it's not then I'd say perhaps the prefect realized the error in choosing such a physically active field for her and they reassigned her to something else.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:45 AM
iiPikachu: Oh my God, the meteors. Yes. I am having so fucking many of them as well. I'll post pictures at some point.

Misty: Alrighty, that's great. Thanks for the clarification!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:15 AM
I want to say a special thank you to everyone who is posting. It makes writing challenges worthwhile to get feedback and see others enjoying something I worked so hard on. Thanks again, you are all so wonderful!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:53 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 20th Oct 2014 at 12:46 PM.
I just realized something I forgot to mention in the challenge.
If you are having trouble getting careers to work, you will need a mod to allow you access to all future careers.

Make all careers available in the future. Go HERE and click on DOWNLOAD found shortly below the mod description.

I was able to get around a lot of it using master controller, etc. I will be posting a video soon for this challenge and I'll show you my workarounds for the block on careers in the future.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
I just realized something I forgot to mention in the challenge.
If you are having trouble getting careers to work, you will need a mod to allow you access to all future careers.

Make all careers available in the future. Go HERE and click on DOWNLOAD found shortly below the mod description.

Motherfucker I just linked that myself

As for professions, I haven't tested them all out yet, just daycare and the firefighter one. The firefighter one can be joined like normal once a fire station has been plonked down in OL. But ones that don't have a set lot, like the salon or whatever, you'll need MC to get to it, as Sims can't search for professions once they're in the future. Goddamn it EA.

Anyway, this is probably common knowledge by now, but just in case:
Click Sim > NRAAS > Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > Choose job > all professions, plus all jobs with a rabbit hole lot (aka no education job by default) are available, with the mod that Misty totally stole my credit of posting.

Also I have an update to post later. I'm too lazy to do it now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:16 PM
Motherfucker I just linked that myself

As for professions, I haven't tested them all out yet, just daycare and the firefighter one. The firefighter one can be joined like normal once a fire station has been plonked down in OL. But ones that don't have a set lot, like the salon or whatever, you'll need MC to get to it, as Sims can't search for professions once they're in the future. Goddamn it EA.

Anyway, this is probably common knowledge by now, but just in case:
Click Sim > NRAAS > Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > Choose job > all professions, plus all jobs with a rabbit hole lot (aka no education job by default) are available, with the mod that Misty totally stole my credit of posting.

Also I have an update to post later. I'm too lazy to do it now.

Hey at least you did a better job of explaining it than me. That counts for something....sorta
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 5:10 AM
​ Welcome to City 834, situated just to the east of City 833 and just to the west of City 835. Where the government cares for it's loyal citizens and executes all who disobey. For your safety, of course.

​"Hi, I'm Maino, I guess we've been assigned."
"..."
"... So, uh... I... I'm sorry, it just feels a bit odd talking to my wife and knowing nothing about her."
"It's fine. I feel a little awkward too... and usually introductions are my forte."
"Oh, were you assigned to business?"
"No, I'm a politician. And a pretty good one at that, I scored highest in Political Science."
"Wow, I can't believe they assigned me you. *blushes* I barely passed my university tests, I work part-time at the day spa."
"I'm sorry to hear that, you seem like you'd make a good elementary school teacher... or a cook."
"Thank you! I don't know how you guessed that, I've loved cooking ever since I went off to university. But I'm not that good."
"I refuse to believe that, cook something for me and I'll judge it."
And so they went inside, starting their arranged marriage off with a surprisingly good start.... When only seconds later Maino burned the friggin' pancakes!

​MAINO! Why! I wanted an adorable bonding moment!

"FEED ME, YOU CRUEL OMNIPOTENT BEING!"
Fine Maino. But next time don't burn the friggin' wedding pancakes!
"I think cereal is just as good as pancakes."
No, no it's not Maino. Cereal is never as good as wedding pancakes.

Sorry, it's a bit short.
#42 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:18 PM
I've been wandering around the forums for a few days, trying to find new inspiration to play the Sims but haven't found any, until now. I simply need to try this, it sounds so much fun and you've put so much thought into it! I've moved on to Sims 4 now but I think it'll be ok if I just modify the rules a little.

By the way Misty, I've played many of your challenges before but have never happened to leave a comment before, even though I've liked the challenges a lot, so I just want to say: You're the best!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aislynne
I've been wandering around the forums for a few days, trying to find new inspiration to play the Sims but haven't found any, until now. I simply need to try this, it sounds so much fun and you've put so much thought into it! I've moved on to Sims 4 now but I think it'll be ok if I just modify the rules a little.

By the way Misty, I've played many of your challenges before but have never happened to leave a comment before, even though I've liked the challenges a lot, so I just want to say: You're the best!

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate hearing that.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:58 PM
Oh hey, I said I had an update, didn't I? Yes I did.

Spoilered because I forgot to crop some of the later pictures, so they might stretch the screen which I know is annoying as balls for some people. Me included. Sorry 'bout that.

#45 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:22 AM
I simply had to start playing this challenge immediately, and now it's time to present my sims, Kaitlin and Isaac Radford. If it's a terrible thing to post Sims 4 pictures on a Sims 3 forum, feel free to yell at me and I'll remove my heretical pictures.

Main sim, Kaitlin
Weight: 3 (Average)
Looks: 5 (Knockout)
Fetish: 5 (Alcoholic)
Career: 1 (Failed university)

Spouse, Isaac
Weight: 4 (Slim)
Looks: 2 (At least one ugly trait.)
Fetish: 1 (Sex fiend)
Career: 2 (Part-time jobs)

Here they are meeting each other for the first time. This is her "conservative and modest" outfit that she needs to use when she goes out. She hates it with a passion and it doesn't really increase her chances of finding men to woohoo with for money, so she often just takes risks and wears whatever she pleases, and whatever pleases men.

I've had a lot of fun with the challenge so far. It's been quite a challenging one, and a lot more tragic than I would have thought. Kaitlin had to resort to selling her body after she failed university, and that resulted in two children being born out of wedlock. Her husband Isaac, a sex fiend and a table cleaner at a fast food restaurant, was apparently a bit jealous of all the baby-making going on without him and knocked up a random girl. (Yeah, that's the kind of luck I have with dice...) And just now I had to watch Kaitlin's little daughter die in a fire, because there was nothing the adults could do to help her. The kids were in a secret room that had no door (you can't lock doors in Sims 4, so that was the only way to keep them in the room - the sad thing is that it also kept the adults out when the fire started in the room). I've seen a lot of things when playing, but this was definitely one of the most upsetting.

On that "happy" note, I wish you a good day and will take a short break from playing to work on a better strategy to beat this challenge, because at the moment I'm failing quite spectacularly!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:10 AM
Wow its fantastic to see everyone's posts!
Bl00D yours are totally freaking hysterical!!
Aisly, I LOVE your female sim's top. Sorry to hear about the baby
#47 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 8:05 PM
Ok, today's not much better for my poor generation one. Not one single death today, luckily, and I finally managed to level one skill to 10 and unlock Redemption 1. I needed it to change my main sim's career. As neither of them has a real career, it's not possible for them to reach the fifth career level, and so they won't be allowed to have kids together. She initially rolled 1 (failed at university), and her husband rolled 2 (part-time jobs). Now I was able to reroll my main sim's career. I rolled 1 again. And then another 1. I guess this means that she's destined to be working the streets! I'll need to try to unlock Redemption 1 again, it'll be the second and the last chance. Despite all this, I'm having a blast with the challenge, even though my poor sims may not be particularly happy with their almighty controller who has such bad luck with dice. :D
#48 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 8:28 PM
On second thought, am I even allowed to try Redemption 1 again, since it's a ban I've already lifted? Oh well, I think I'm screwed either way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aislynne
On second thought, am I even allowed to try Redemption 1 again, since it's a ban I've already lifted? Oh well, I think I'm screwed either way.

That is a tough call. It's your challenge, you decide how far you're willing to bend the rules. It was only intended as a one-time thing. Reality is if you can't accomplish much in Gen 1 (if this were real life) you'd just have to wait for Gen 2 to carry the load, but I leave the decision to you
#50 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:55 PM
If it was intended as a one-time thing, then I'll naturally not do it twice. This means my challenge is over now, because it's not possible to do the mandatory objectives without a career.

Thanks for your kind help Misty, and happy simming everyone!
Page 2 of 5