Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2018 at 10:32 PM Last edited by t888 : 24th May 2018 at 9:57 AM.
Default Roof PAttern Help
I used TSRW to make a new roof pattern and it works and all but the in-game picture (thumbnail) is the same as the one I cloned from, how do I make it unique?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2018 at 8:19 PM
Does anybody even get what I'm saying?
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:02 AM
Can you attach some pictures for a clearer understanding. That will help a lot to prefer a solution
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:38 AM
@t888 you mean the thumbnails or textures? And a picture would be lovely!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
@t888 you mean the thumbnails or textures? And a picture would be lovely!

I mean the thumbnail, see the one highlighted and the big pic which shows they don't look like the one I made, yet the roof behind DOES. You can even see the thumbnail of the one from base game i copied that looks exactly the same. I want it to look different like the other custom ones there.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:16 AM
Can someone please help me figure this one out? Does the picture help you get what I'm saying?
Site Helper
#7 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:47 PM
I sort of thought that TSRW would make thumbnails for you when it made the CC, but apparently it didn't. I have no idea why not. Maybe there is a "Generate thumbnail" option that you overlooked? Or maybe it was just feeling ornery that day and acting up. (Or maybe it really doesn't have one, although I think that it might be a little slipshod for EA to have left that function out. Then again, EA has been known to be a bit slipshod at times, so you never know.)

It's possible that you might be able to use Texture Tweaker or S3PE to add a thumbnail if you can't figure out why TSRW wasn't providing one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I sort of thought that TSRW would make thumbnails for you when it made the CC, but apparently it didn't. I have no idea why not. Maybe there is a "Generate thumbnail" option that you overlooked? Or maybe it was just feeling ornery that day and acting up. (Or maybe it really doesn't have one, although I think that it might be a little slipshod for EA to have left that function out. Then again, EA has been known to be a bit slipshod at times, so you never know.)

It's possible that you might be able to use Texture Tweaker or S3PE to add a thumbnail if you can't figure out why TSRW wasn't providing one.

Thats what I thought, it should've been generated. I guess maybe it was just ornery. I'm not sure, first time I made a roof with TSRW . I'm going to have to try the programs you suggested and see if that helps.

Does anybody else know if this is a common thing with roofs and TSRW? Or am I just the 'lucky' type with it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:03 AM
I tried S3PE and that didn't work either
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:18 AM
These instructions seem to indicate there might be an option in TSRW for a thumbnail: http://simtuts.blogspot.com/2014/03...or-cas-and.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
These instructions seem to indicate there might be an option in TSRW for a thumbnail: http://simtuts.blogspot.com/2014/03...or-cas-and.html

Yes you can and I have before for CAS and the launcher but with a roof you can only do it with the launcher and that doesn't help here
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:17 AM
@t888 I found this while wandering around the other day in the tutorials LINK. There's a section in it about thumbnails which might help.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
@t888 I found this while wandering around the other day in the tutorials LINK. There's a section in it about thumbnails which might help.

Thanks, that looks immensely helpful! I certainly looks like it might help my problem, thank you for letting me know!