Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 2:07 AM
Default Adding Sims to the Sim Bin via BHAVs
Maybe I'm just overlooking something obvious? My google fu is weak.

I can create a Townie via BHAVs but I then want to make them a playable by plucking them out of the Townie pool and placing them into the Sim Bin.

I thought passing -1 via Temp 0 into 0x0001
Quote:
0x4(4) add to family
Adds the neighbor with id in stack object to the family ID passed in via Temp 0. If this id is 0, then the current family is used. If this id is a non valid family ID (like -1), then a new family will be constructed.

would do the trick since this is what is done in the Move Out interaction. Using visual teleporter, I can see the Sim is considered as a non-Townie, playable Sim but they do not appear in the Sim Bin. It's like the Sim exists in a state of homeless limbo.

There is a Move Out token, but it looks to be just for herding Sims during the interaction. The token is later removed from their inventories. Please point out my silliness.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:20 PM
There is two sim bins, the regular one and the university one. For the regular one you need to set Temp 1 to a value of 1.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM
If that is documented somewhere, I must have missed it. Thank you. That worked like a charm.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...