Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 10:06 PM
Default Word/expression help
I'm sitting here trying to write a line, but I can't find a good way to write it.

The line goes something like "[name] had a peaceful look in his face" but I don't want to use the word "look", and the word "expression" doesn't flow with the rest of the sentence.

I have a feeling there's a better way to write it, but English isn't my first language, and the web isn't much helpful today (I've tried searching for synonyms and such, but Google apparently doesn't understand what I'm after), so I'm kinda stuck.

Any good helpers out there?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 10:55 PM
"[name] had a peaceful countenance" would be okay.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:18 PM
Even from the point of view of a (not very bookish) teenager? I have to admit, I had to look it up.

(your avatar kind of freaked me out there a for a second. I've always thought it's just a regular picture, but when the eyes blinked and then moved I jumped a bit in my chair. Never noticed that before ).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:31 PM
Hmm, well a teenager might know the word serene- '[name] appeared serene' or maybe even '[name] looked calm'.

Are you sure my avatar blinked?